Domesticated Terrorism

Sure, this guy had always been on their Watch List, but when they received that anonymous tip suggesting they search his private office, they had no idea what they were in for. It was a startling find, and his intended list of targets was long:

office_collage

Luckily, they had Dr. Lipschwitz on speed dial.

Don’t worry – McGruff is on the case, Effie. And, happy birthday.

Comments

1. now that’s dogged determination on his part. heh, see that’s funny because,…

ok, I tried. I got nothin’.

2. Snicker If I didn’t know better I would suspect it was a Cute overloaders work desk!

3. Resriechan says:

@ Isaac: Now, I wouldn’t exactly call that “Nothin”.

Not bad, actually !!! It’s just, that we’re all spread out across this wonderful big globe of ours & you just didn’t hear everyone laughing.

Isn’t that right, CO? (“The crowd goes wild” — WOAH WOAH etc)

(Suggested Earworm — and I REALLY LIKE this song:
    “Nothin’ from nothin’ leaves nothin’; & I’m not somethin’ — believe you me .”
    Bonus Points: Who can guess/ or (ideally) remember the singer?)

4. Shouldn’t this be considered domesticated terrierism?
    Oh, I’m such a wag.

5. Von Zeppelin says:

Is this “metacuteness?” A picture of pictures of doggies?

6. Holy dog stalker, Batman!

7. pinkmariposas says:

I thought that was Mimi Bobeck’s desk area!

too cute

8. VON Z and to add to the meta goodness it is on a website about cute animals catering to working adults who– well are stuck at desks in offices all over the globe… IS there such a thing as meta meta goodness.

9. Resriechan says:

PS: Two additional considerations:

1) For anyone who hasn’t yet realized that CO occ. hides nice things “in plain sight”: open the link in blue where it says “This guy”. It’s the coolest goofy dog (No, I don’t mean “Goofy” the [Disney] dog; just the idea in general “Goofy” & “Dog”.

2) @ Prongs: Wow. You were right. Dr Lipschitz is INDEED a prominent & busy fellow.

10. man, all I got for my birthday was black balloons…
    of course, it could be be/c I’m a closet CO addict, in order to not get in trouble from de boss… o.O

11. Soo cute

12. Von Zeppelin says:

@Resriechan (9): Since you mention that great icon of goofiness, Goofy, perhaps you might solve a biologico-philosophical problem with which I have been struggling since childhood. Presented for your consideration. . .
    Goofy and Pluto: clearly the same breed of dog (head shape, snout conformation, ear length, etc, all point to a common origin). Why is Goofy an anthropomorphic dog, (wearing clothes, standing upright, and talking) while Pluto is a . . . well, dogomorphic dog (walks on all fours, wears collar, barks)? What deep truth is Disney trying to convey to us? Also, what’s up with that hat that Goofy wears?

13. Damn-it Teho got me with an ear worm…. How do you always do that!

[In the immortal words of Fuzzy, my skills are as varied as they are impractical. – Ed.]

14. Dr Lipschwitz, again, eh? This Dr. Lipschwitz, he seems to be in a lot of places. Is he by any chance a Time Lord?

15. VonZep, Goofy’s cap is an iconographic reference to the Phrygian cap used in art of the French Revolution to symbolize liberty and the rule of the people, or anthropomorphic dogs.

16. PS:
    Allons enfants de la Patrie
    Le jour de gloire est arrivé!

17. PPS That doggeh linked to in the “this guy” link is the famous Cinnabon-morphic specimen.

18. Von Zeppelin says:

@Theresa:
    Aux armes, chiens anthropomorphiques!
    Formez vos bataillions!

Hmmmm. Doesn’t quite scan. But a stirring sentiment, nonetheless.

19. earwignamer says:

I wanna say the lyrics are from a Billy Preston song…

20. I think you might mean “Earworm Namer”, there. ;)

21. Resriechan says:

@ VonZepp:

My esteemed colleague: Our department will be more than overjoyed to investigate this (great odd word of the day) conundrum. Howsomever & to wit:
    may I request an extension (no, not the hair extensions; no, not phone extensions either but thanks anyway) on the material due to an obligation to provide a nutritional evening meal for 3 other human bipeds ….”at this particular juncture”???
    Would an extension be possible?

Have your people telegraph my people with your response at the earliest possible opportunity. Thanks for the opportunity to be of service.

(Dashes off toward the Salle d Cuisine — which in this case is a toaster oven. The Casserole is actually pretty thorough & OldSchool, though. Really, no one who has ever snagged a forful, has ever left an empty plate. Props to mi Madre — who, however, is NOT Spanish)

Thanyeverrmuch.

Theo: YAY!!!!!!! A peppy little song from the 70s, that still gets MY blood goin’.
    Maybe you’ll enjoy this little one-liner…once upon a time, someone female, said about her Signif. Other (male):
    “He’s really good-looking; AND he’s functional, TOO !!”

22. Resriechan says:

(oooh wow, now THAT’s an embarrassing typo)

“ForKful” NOT “forful”

(jeez.)

23. Von Zeppelin says:

@Resriechan–Well, reluctantly, I will grant the extension. (Glares professorially over half-moon glasses) HOWEVER, you will be REQUIRED to fabricate a moderately convincing story involving the death of a beloved family member, a medical emergency, or a streetcar accident. Homework consumed by dogs will not be acceptable. I don’t want you to think I’m a pushover.

24. Love, LOVE, the Adam Sandler movie reference (Big Daddy, I think?) hovertext. Oh, and the hyper-animal-photos are cute, too.

25. Wait, wait, Billy Madison? Help! Which one is it?!

26. Resriechan says:

(wow, ye’re tough. Were you trained, by the Mother Superior, in Blues Brothers?)

(sorryma’amthankyou)
    (turns the corner until no longer visible, then RUNS SQUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)
    to about 2 blocks down the road, then pauses to wipe perspiration (or sweat or something) off forehead.

27. Resriechan says:

“Wait, what about homework, consumed by CATS, then?”
    (hopeful facial expression)

28. victoreia says:

@VonZep: but will you give bonus point if the fabricated moderately convincing story combines two or more of the required elements? [bats eyes]

29. Von Zeppelin says:

NO extensions offered for homework consumed by ANY common domesticated animals. At least get a little original–”My homework was eaten by a dugong, potto, titanothere, moa, Burmese python, lauwiliwilinukunukuʻoiʻoi, trilobite. . . “

30. Resriechan says:

CAPYBARA — IT WAS A HERD OF CAPYBARA!! NOW I remember~!!

@ Victoreia: two things

1: Sounds, like you’ve been in this “sichyashun” more than once or twice…
    2: NICE False Eyelashes !!!!

31. Von Zeppelin says:

Victoreia–yes. An ideal fabricated moderately convincing story (just as an example) might involve coming down with English Sweating Sickness while traveling to your Great Aunt Ermintrude’s funeral on a streetcar that had crashed into a steamroller.

32. Resriechan says:

PS (also @ VonZepp; sorry my brain only just caught up w/ this one)

Looks as though perhaps you just purchased a new “O” key for your keyboard & are tryin’ to get yer money’s worth, in your list ‘o critters. Or you’re getting organized, for “Noah’s Ark: the Sequel”

(Ba-Dump-dum)

33. Starlinguk says:

Where’d we be without Dr. Lipschwitz, eh? (sane, probably)

34. OMG there is a real Dr. Lipschwitz…. Heheheheheh!

35. Reminds me of an episode of Better Off Ted where everyone was mandated to have one of 4 (i think) themes to their cubes in order to ‘personalize’ them. One of the themes was cats and the cubes that got it were covered with cat pictures much like this one…

36. I don’t know about you peeps, but my cat used to puke on the revisions of my tome before I had to take them to the scribe.

37. @Resriechan, you can find everything on the internet, including rimshots:

38. Mousesong says:

O NOES! BRODY! At least I think that’s Brody’s Emmett-lookalike pic–multiple times! Has anyone warned Dr. V? :o

39. PPPPPPPS Aunt Ermintrude is alive and well, but she is a little pooped after her hippo-watching tour of Tanganyika.

40. earWORMnamer says:

Ah, yes, Theo. You caught me. No matter how hard I try, I always say “earwig” instead of “earworm” which never paints a pretty picture… I’m thinking it stems from a questionable childhood… ha

[Maybe we could start calling them earwyverns? – Ed.]

41. Von Zeppelin says:

Theresa–It’s all very well for Aunt Ermintrude to sashay off to Tanganyika to watch the hippos, BUT (insert Dramatic Prairie Dog) were the hippos watching her?!

(I hope not, for their sake. I try to be nice to Aunt Ermintrude because of the matter of her will, but, really, she is rather unappealing. To put the best face on it. And her face is not the best, I must say.)

42. Mary (the first). says:

Do my eyes deceive me.. are those all printouts of former CO postings? And while I’m on that subject (sort of) I got my CALENDAR yesterday for next year. YAY

43. Do I spy my favorite wallpaper in there….Crab hat Maru? Yes, I believe I do. Yay, CRAB HAT!!

44. Resriechan says:

@ Theresa: NOW THAT is the best thing (with the possible exception of Simonscat & Winston) that I have EVAH heard from the I’net.

I’ve said it before, & I’ll say it again: “You, sir (teehee) are a Gentleman and a Scholar”.

Signed,
    Your Humble Servant

45. Oh VonZep and Theresa! You guys are the best. I’ve been slammed at work lately and haven’t been on CO much lately, and am thrilled to pop back in to find a thread in which you two are happily chiming in. The “insert Dramatic Prarie Dog” just cracked me up. Nice to see you’re still holding down the fort… :)

46. victoreia says:

@Resriechan:
    1) Who? Me? :shifty eyes: Who’s been talking?!!
    2) Why, thank you! Now, if only I can remember where I got them……

@VonZep: so, would getting mobbed by a stampeding herd of hippotomi while on the way to my neighbor’s gerbil’s funeral *with* a serious case of singultus, only to have my homework consumed by said hippotomi count?

47. Von Zeppelin says:

@victoreia–Not bad. Not bad at all. Can you work the streetcar accident into it?

48. victoreia says:

Well, I *was* riding the streetcar at the time…..

49. @Resriechan:
    Someone beat me to this, but I am SURE that the earworm was, indeed, Billy Preston, an amazing session pianist/keyboardist who often recorded with the Beatles. Now I must go find the full song so that I can DANCE!

50. @vonZep, slight correction there, Aunt Ermintrude didn’t sashay, she went gallivanting.

51. Von Zeppelin says:

Theresa, either means of locomotion is an improvement over her usual gait, which is a heavy, relentless tread while peering down through her lorgnette at the persons of a lower social class than herself (which is everybody except, possibly, the Pope).

52. AuntieMame says:

Okay, I give up! Where is Crab Hat Maru???

[Hehehe – Ed.]

53. Resriechan says:

@ CathyDee: see above comments #23

also see Señor Theo # 13, find a blue word and ……click on the blue word….and through the modern wonders of theotechnology…..to quote a Good Book:

“Seek, and ye shall find”.

Thank you for participating in our game today. (Let me see, if Theo will fall for this one, again). Johnny, what has CathyDee won, today?

54. @ the picture: I’ve never seen such flagrant misuse of the office colour printer. Do you have any idea how much a cannister of Magenta costs?! Not to mention the stress and strain on fingertips when installing a fresh one.

[Maybe their printer uses the sort of cartridges that can be refilled via syringe, who knows? - Ed.]

@Von Zep: can I just add; beware of any streetcar named Desire as it will take you into Southern Gothic territory where a muscle-bound Brando will yell at you and make you walk away with the men in white coat? Of course Tennessee Williams must have known that would NEVER happen. Southern women are made of steel – steel magnolias.

And furthermore, why did Donald only wear a top while Mickey only wore pants?!

It Canadian Thanksgiving today and I am eating my lonely piece of deli chicken breast. What the hellio happened here?

…thank you, I’ve had my moment.

55. Von Zeppelin says:

@ffleur–Thanks for the warning. I will only ride Streetcars Named Ascetic Renunciation Of Carnality. And make sure my t-shirt has no holes in it.

[My streetcar is named Bucephalus! - Al.]

56. If you just skim the text (which I did) and you’re somewhat sight impaired (which I am), then the picture on the far right, second from the top, looks like something FAR different from what it actually is. I was sufficiently horrified (and intrigued) to put my glasses on, and to carefully read the text.

Please, somebody tell me I’m not the only perv that noticed this.

[Hehe. Rorschach Overload. ;) – Ed.]

[...oh wait, you mean the stretchy hamster, not the dog, don'cha 8O - Ed.]

57. Who is AI and what have you done with Ed?
    [Maybe I shoulda signed as "Al G."? - Ed.]

Thanks to Google I know who Bucephalus is. I bow before your Great Alexander knowledge. Get that? eh, nudge, not bad eh?…. *sigh* (this chicken is depressing me. I wanted to be passed out on a tryptophan high)

58. Al to the G, I get
    I did see your first comment but smooth diplomat you are, you swiftly changed it. I don’t mind being called Silly. Its an art form that is sadly unappreciated.

[Girl, I bin called lotsa names in my time, but "smooth diplomat" 's a new one on me, ayup an' shore 'nuf - Ed.]

59. Ed: its possibly a girl thing but I got Lisa’s reference immediately. My eyes widened and I quickly moved in for a closer look. Perhaps this desk owner also appreciates the freudian joy of it, because they posted it twice.

60. Ed: all the girls say you’re pretty fly for a white guy

[Hey-ey-ey, come out an’ PLAY – Dex.]

61. Obligatory showingk-off: Bucephalus means “cow head.”

[As if. *snif* That’d be “Moocephalus”! :P – Ed.]

62. Ffluer actually they hung it 3 times and I am not sure but I believe it was one of those office trick birthday presents like you come in and your desk is gift wrapped or foil wrapped or in this case Dun dun Dah (Insert Dramatic Prairie dog) Cuteoverload wrapped.

63. @kittyadventures: Uno, dos, tres, cuatro, cinco, cinco, seis

sorry – got Pretty Fly song ON THE BRAIN right now. Of course you are totally correct.

64. @Resriechan–

Search engine? We don’t need no stinkin’ search engine for Billy Preston! Theo cheated. I can still vividly see BP on The Midnight Special lip-syncing the song–he had an afro that was about 2 feet in diameter (it was the seventies, you know) and that great smile as he . . . oh, nevermind. Gad, I am old! Perhaps Johnny can provide some chocolate as my prize; it makes everything better.

[Hey, knowing how to use the internet AIN'T CHEATIN'. I learned something about music today that I didn't know before. :P - Ed.]

65. No offense intended, dear Ed.! I’ve been YouTubing quite a bit of Preston this evening myself!

66. Ooh, while you’re at it, try a little fast & funky with Fight the Power (that’s the Isley Bros., not P.E. this time)

67. Resriechan says:

Hi folks:

1: @ the universe-spanning weirdness contained in the zigs and the zags of the references through this comment stream: aka WTHeck (adjusted for PG rating)
    (No, PatitoGigante, not you, just a similar abbreviation; go back to your …knitting?….)

2: (From the Reader’s Circle Teacher) So, Theo, tell the class, WHAT you learned today about music, hmmmmmm?????

3: @ CathyDee: Ma’am, I must ask of you — if you’re GOING to use a Politically Inadvisable Ethnic Slur Reference, please take a moment first and check
    the How To Offend More People Handbook. The correctly incorrect statement, would have been:
    “We don’t need no STANKIN’ …..(etc etc etc).
    Believe me, your readers will appreciate your FLAVA of authenticity.

Signed,
    The Authority (Opus Dei)

[Methinks it’s the Authority who hasn’t been paying attention in class. – Ed.]

68. Resriechan says:

(oh and PS: my buddy the cheapskate computer repair businessman actually does use the whole syringe/ kitchen sink/ cheap ersatz ink thing w/ his printer. He says it’s a waste of good coffee grounds though)

69. Resriechan says:

@ Theo — oh, okay, yeah — I had TOTALLY managed to follow the whole response to Billy Preston “Nothin’ from Nothin” thread”…..I even gave ya props, when you were “humming” in blue …..See @ #23 & # 55!!) Besides, I was assuming that you already knew, the whole Billy Preston/ Beatles studio artist-Apple/ “Nothin’ from nothin” backstory.

I was thinkin’ (since you’re generally balancing 3 extra references that I didn’t catch….that you meant some subsequent sidetrack bit, from the Public Enemy & assoc @ 68… & that I had missed those fly tracks)

Signed,
    Not Actually Spike Lee
    (But I play him, when no one’s lookin’: “Baby, I’d drink a TUB o’ yo’ bathwatuh!
    Please, baby, please, baby please….”)

70. Nope, I didn’t know Billy Preston from Billie Jean King until today.

And on that note, I’m off to bed. (actually, I’m there already)

BEHAVE, YOU FLOOFISH REPROBATES!! ;)

71. Resriechan says:

ATTENTION: THEO HAS LEFT THE BUILDING. There will *NOT* be any opportunities for his autograph or personal appearances tonight. We apologize, for any inconvenience or pouting that this might cause.

**A few late observations as of (Southeast Coast time) 5 am Tuesday:
    1) @ Prongs : YAY Dr. Lipschwitz is on the case!
    2) Where are Benson or Hedges?
    3) Von Zepp: I deeply appreciate your gracious deadline extension. Will it be mandatory to provide the report here at this chapter; or may I submit the material to you at another location?

4) **SPECIAL NOTE/ MIA**: WHERE IS PYRIT???? WE ARE BEREFT,
    and devoid of purpose in his absence. **sobs uncontrollably**
    (“I want my ma-ma”. Yeah, I know that Pyrit has established his identity as just fine with his male gender. But “I want my da-da” JUST doesn’t contain the same level of trauma & tears; tragedy, etc.)

Signed,

ThePeaceDepartmentNottheWarDepartment
    (huh? oh, well, you know how one of the CO staffers has the screenname
    NotthatMiketheOtherMIke? ……Kinda goes,along those lines)

72. A case of obsessive compulsive disorder.

73. Resriechan says:

@ HonGlad:

(actually, medically, yes. Can produce docum. proof )
    *blush*

74. @Resriechan:

My comment was aimed at the doggy picture pinner upper. Further to your where is
    PYRIT, I’ve been wondering where WANNADANCE is, she hasn’t posted for a while, I hope she’s OK

75. Resriechan says:

@ HonGlad: –eep– (swallow). Wayul, mebbe I’m new to this whole area of
    thinking of meself as on disability status ….also, I DO find, that even in local phonecalls, I have a hard time isolating out the short phrase that defines the question someone wants to know. Even when I’m tryin’ hard.

Yer right, haven’t heard from W. in a while. There HAVE actually been just about 2 Ghostly Writings from Berthaservant but not nearly as much of B’s wit around as we got accustomed to. Maybe things have happened, to affect our wittiest folks’ access to computers or somebody’s hard drive suddenly crashed

Wannadance, Pyrit & Berthaservant WHERE ARE YOOOOOOOU??
    (Car 54 et al)
    I’m done.

76. On topic: The number of duplicate photos leads me to believe this kitteh here has that same memory problem as Leonard in “Memento”. Will be just as effective too, no doubt.

77. I can’t believe that Theo did not know about Billy Preston, aka the Fifth Beatle! :O
    [Well I do now - Ed.]

I see that hammie photo that someone was talking about. :twisted:

78. Resriechan says:

Wow Billy Preston REALLY has hit a groovy dance nerve…Check THIS out:

1) @ CathyDee/ # 66: CLICK ON Theo’s generous **blue link to Wiki article & picture about the song** @ # 13: Said two-foot ‘Fro is in Full Display !!
    (altho it’s just a Black/ White photo ; but he’s Black anyway)

(looks around furtively; “am I in trouble, for describing his skin as Black?”)

2) @ Kristabelle: Theo’s marmi (get it? his “mommie/ marmie??? — jeez, now I’m hooked on that rimshot link & it won’t work from my Hd. Drv :( ) called, to tell me, that Lil’ Theo was under anaesthesia (THINK I got the correct vowels in the correct spots there, that word’s tricky even for me SPELLCHECK DOES NOT CK FOR ALL TYPES OF POSSIBLE ERRORS I PROMISE so not tips on tryin’ that, please)
    and havin’ his tonsils removed the ENTIRE time that “Nothin’ from Nothin’”: was on the charts (he had some LOOOOOOOOOOOng, tangled tonsils, so “they say”;
    “word” “YO” , etc.) (didn’t that sound coool, man?)

79. Resriechan says:

OMG, VZ’s ASSIGNMENT IS OVERDUE……….

80. Resriechan says:

OMG I LOVE THE FACT THAT I’M A PROFESSIONAL LIBRARIOLOGIST !!!!
    IT’S FUNNNN!!

VZ, DIG (not Digg, I see that but “it ain’t me”) THIS:

(I hope that works…it’s a link to a link with an eeeeeeeeeeternal address, so I took the beg. of it ….)

(KA-CHING!!)

81. Resriechan says:

ohhhhhhhhhh Theeeeeeeeeeoooooooooo (or El Teo, if you prefer)—

did you read Item # 2 of my
    Comment # 80 , yet? I, like, TO-tally alibi’d you, man !!!! AND mentioned marmies, in addition !!!!