Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cottontail Don’t Have This Problem

Like I told James Lipton: On one foot, was it the role of a lifetime? Absolutely – I owe Beatrix a great deal. But on the other, I can really deal without the paparazzi.

Are you telling me that not only was I on TMZ, but they also identified me as a capybara named Mr. McGregor? Get my agent on the horn.

Be vehwy, vehwy quiet, Alex M.

Comments

1. Amazing impression of disproval.

2. I wish this guy would come disapprove of my place.

3. Being taken for a capybara is better than being identified as a chupacabra.

I don’t know where that came from.

4. Bunnymuffin! :-)

5. Aww, it’s okay mister bun! We can nibble some grass then head back to your luxuuuuuurious home (pictured behind). :)

6. Aw, so soft! My kitty would case him out of the yard. I would want to keep him.

7. What do you mean, he looks like a capybara? There’s no bathtub…! Although the nosicle does favor a bit…

8. Chanpon– that is how rumors (and ‘journalistic’ careers) are born! Next thing you know, you’ll be quoted as the “reliable source” who spilled the alfalfa about Peter’s Secret Life as a chupacabra.

9. Oh poor baby, next he’ll be linked to John and Kate!

10. Awww, I LOVE Beatrix Potter! If I had kids, I’d totally buy her entire collection for them (mine from when I was wee seems to have disappeared). Since I prob’ly won’t have kids, maybe I should just buy it anyway. I could always read it to my furkids!

11. :lol: @ Gigi!

12. Von Zeppelin says:

Brinnann, buy yourself the Beatrix Potter set. Do it today! I do have kids, grown and gone, but I continued to buy kid books for myself when they were adults. My Dr. Seuss collection, while not complete, is extensive.

13. The average wabbit is leaps and bounds (pun intended) ahead of the average capybara in the cuteness category. It’s not even a fair comarison. :roll:

I would think the sheer intensity of his disapproval would send most papparazzi scurrying for cover.

14. “comparison” even

15. Or “paparazzi” with no double P. Bad spell-checker, bad!

16. Aww…he looks scared !

17. Von Zepp-that was a shocking revelation- which ones are you missing?

18. How can something so small and cute be so disapproving?

19. and how is it possible to get such an amazing and close shot of a wild bunny???

20. Rachael, despite many ppeople’s best intentions of minding their P’s and Q’s, they sometimes run rampant on us. There have been shoqing reports of P’s and Q’s inserting themselves in wildly inapropriate situations, wreaking havoq throughout literature, ignoring the rules of spelling and grammar. I think in this case, however, you’re just experiencing a mild case of letter migration – one P leaving “comparison” for the qompany of other P’s in “paparazzi.”

21. VonZ, for Christmas last year (or was it the year before?) my mother bought me the Madeline L’Engle Wrinkle in Time book set. :D

22. Oh, AND, Metsakins sent me the Narnia series!

Which reminds me: Metz, did your kiddos ever read the Wrinkle in Time series?

23. Ooooooh so cute and CUDDLY!!! I want!

24. I approve of this bunny.

25. ceejoe- glue.

Yes, brinnann, Rachel: “type-creep” we call it. It seems to happen more ‘here’ than ‘there’, I think because we are laughing so hard. Just a theory.

26. Tony James says:

Brinnann/VonZep – good to hear that people are still reading the classics :)
    When I left home I made a deal with my sister – she got the Beatrix Potter, I got the Dr. Seuss. We had the full set of BP (the original editions, with the watercoloured pictures of Peter Rabbit in his blue blazer with the shiny buttons, natch), and about a dozen Seuss, all of them tattered and well-loved.
    As the years have gone by my sister realises that she got the rough end of the deal – I find myself turning frequently to Dr. Seuss for guidance (Solla Sollew, for example, or The Lorax who made eco-consciousness cool way before Al Gore did (“Let me say a few words about gloppity glop, and schloppity schlop”)).
    A prospective client recently told me that he was reading Dr. Seuss to his kids, and so I told him that that our product represented Little Cat Z in terms of its capabilities. He got the point immediately – ka-ching.
    Kind of difficult to do that with Mrs. Tiggywinkle.

27. AuntieMame says:

Wow. Why do I feel so…disapproved?

Brinnan, Von Z, et al., I have a whole collection of kiddie books, and they’re MINE! ALL MINE!!!! MUAHAHAHA!

*ahem*

Srsly. I lurve Winnie teh Pooh and Wind in the Willows and Beatrix Potter and Alice in Wonderland and…and…and…

28. Tony James says:

Auntie – try reading Winnie the Pooh in Latin. Seriously, it’s available – not only that, but if you felt the need to read about a certain well-dressed (but very naughty) rabbit with a penchant for trespass, you could check out:

29. that’s a really cute Beatrix Potter ad over there —->

makes me wanna get them for my niece. She’ll be nine in Jan – is that too old for sweet little children’s stories?

30. AuntieMame says:

Peter Rabbit in hieroglyphics! Awesome!

I’ll have to look for Pooh Bear in Latin, too. I think I saw Cat in the Hat in Latin at the book store once.

Paunchie, I’ll be 44 a week from tomorrow, and I’m not too old for sweet children’s stores.

31. AuntieMame says:

Erm…that would be stories.

Children’s stores aren’t really my thing.

32. brinnann, have you read any of the Thursday Next books (Jasper FForde)? There is a bit very much like your migrating p’s and q’s in the first one. My favorites, aside from all the AA Milne books, were Harold and the Purple Crayon and the Carrot seed, and when I was older, The Phantom Tollbooth. I bought myself copies of all of them!

The disapproval is strong in this bunny. But I will kiss his nose anyway.

33. Paunchie: It’s not too old, but supplement it with something a little more challenging. When I turned 8, my grandmother bought me The Secret Garden. It was my first Big Girl Book, my first book with chapters. I felt so grown up and so important, and so proud that she thought I was smart enough to read something that big. It sparked a life-long love of reading. I think it not only improved my confidence in school, but helped me reach at more and more difficult books that put my reading level far above what was expected, and consequently boosted my vocabulary.

34. AmyJ, someone in another thread (I think the skwerl with the acorn butt) mentioned “bowdlerizing” (sp?), and I asked the same thing about Thursday Next! That’s the only place I’ve ever seen that word used. I actually just finished the series a few weeks ago, and I’m excited for the next one, though I forget the publish date.

35. He looks like he’s giving the stink eye. lol

36. brinnan, I missed that comment, sorry (I’ve actually had to do some work recently, so unfair, haven’t had time for all the CO comments!). You’re way ahead of me, I’ve only read the first two Tuesday Next books but I loved them – so much fun, and amazingly creative. But I haven’t read enough of the classics to pick up all the references. I’m making myself a reading list…

37. I’d read most of the classics, but my memory is rusty; I knew enough to follow it, though. I didn’t think of that – I need to go back through them and make a list for myself.

38. I actually got the second or third book first (unknowingly), and then had to go back and start from the beginning. After that, I couldn’t stop myself from buying the rest of them!

39. Bowlderize, I think. Yep, it’s a word. Cute bun!

[Almost… it’s bowd-ler-ize, no bowling involved. Kinda means to dumb down, or Disnify. – Ed.]

40. @ brinnan… a movie about Baeatrix Potter’s life is out. What’s really cool (or maybe scary) is how real her characters supposedly seemed to her.

As for children’s classics, I bought for myself the entire Little House on the Prairie series, and every book I could ever find written by Loisa M. Alcott, not to mention Little Bear, and of course, Dr. Seuss. Dr. Seuss has since, sadly, been given to some neices and nephews ( sadly, because they were not taught how to treat books, and the books ended up mutilated :( ).

41. Thanks for the link, Theo! I hadn’t realized it was a real word; I thought it’d been made up or was a derivative of another related word by the why it was used in the book.

42. Well at least he didn’t end up as part of a lucky rabbits foot key ring.

Talking of chidrens literature, may I recommend to you Worzell Gummidge by Barbara Euphon Todd, the tales of a scarecrow and his Scarecrow friends. Also if you read The Once and future King by T.H.White, it starts with the Sword in the stone which Disney made as a cartoon , but as you go into the second and third books it becomes sadder and darker, how King Arthur is betrayed by Guinevere and Sir Lancelot.

43. brinnan – I did the same thing, started with the second book and went back to the first. Now I have to go forward again. I definitely need to read more Dickens!

44. What a wonderful disapproving face

45. Queen of Dork says:

I don’t know what all books were mentioned here and I’m too tired to backtrack. I too, loved the Little House series. And what about Ramona the Pest? I once had a couple of dogs who behaved liked Ramona and Willie.

46. Queen of Dork says:

Sorry. I meant Howie. not Willie.

47. How did the photographer get this shot?? It appears to be taken at ground level. I’m guessing a camera with timer, remotely activated from a hidden spot? Because I really can’t imagine Senor Bunnikins coming up that close to investigate otherwise.

48. Neeeeeeeeeever assume Noelegy, it could be another rabbit taking the picture.

49. instant love is possible…i feel it for this bun!

50. Queen of Dork says:

Ramona the Pest, peeps. Ramona the Pest. Don’t forget her pestiness. The scary halloween mask. The getting stuck in the mud in her boots. C’mon. Ramona is the miss “thang” of children’s literature.

51. Bunny has major BEF going on, and is too cute for words.