Newsflash: Baby Bulldog gets up on own accord!!!

I can hear the collective sigh of relief accrosst the country! This guy:

Finally got up.

I agree, Jason A. Maybe now everyone can stop having a cow about it.

Comments

1. Hooray! His mighty belly made it!

2. yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. But when will he roll into my arms for snuggles?

4. Awwww yay little puppy! I was feeling bad for him.

5. Queen of Dork says:

Well. Meg, I guess the universe has begun to spin properly as we know it should like that that way. YAY FOR PUPPERS!!!1

6. way to go little one!

7. And all by himself!!!! I am so proud of you little puppy!!

8. Freaking hilarious :D

9. I have a hard time getting up, too.

10. is it bad that i like the struggling video more?? :s

11. Zomg so wrinkly >_<

But obviously a HUMAN shoulda helped him up. I mean, he looked soooooooooooooooo uncomfortabuhls.

12. Whew! Major props dude.

13. bulldog in background could care less :P

14. (tosses bucket of Xanax out the window)

15. Queen of Dork says:

Patito Gigante: Behave yourself. Xanax is bad.

16. Viva Pupagra!

17. Queen of Dork says:

And NOO!!! Don’t try to crush me.

18. Queen of Dork says:

Patito….no. No crushing. No. Stop. Down.

19. OMG! YAYYY! WHAT A HAPPY ENDING :)

20. Wahoo!!

21. Beth (in NC) says:

He’s all “I deeeed eeeet!”

22. ¡ʍǝɥʍ

23. He still needs underwear. But yaaaay!

24. Queen of Dork says:

Holy crap pyrit! How the f… did you do that? Here’s an effort for everbunny: Try to make a post speling ever thieeng rong. Itzz haurder two due then yew wuld thinque.

25. Pyrit how did you put the words upside down?

26. Queen of Dork says:

iz enywon op fur thiz? Itzz haurd twe spel evvry wourd rong.

27. aqween, ave eh noter dreink.

28. Queen of Dork says:

katey, u dun thiz sew gud eye dont noe wat yew sed

29. Queen of Dork says:

o! yew sed hav enother drienk! I doo knot drienk orr due druugs enymure. eye halfe lerned mye lessoon aboot thet. Yeers sobber!! YaYYY

[What what WHAAAT? LOLspeak on CO?! That's it, bar's CLOSED :P - Ed.]

30. Ehn! Ehn! Ehn!

PS Xanax is NOT bad. It can be very helpful to some people under certain conditions.

31. Queen of Dork says:

For sure! Please know that I am recovering from horrible drug addiction. spousal abuse and all bad things you could imagine. Living on the street to now living in a great home. I know this is not really the forum to say this but God helped me get out of the place I was and get into the place I am now. Life is Beautifu!!!

32. Queen of Dork, props to you for getting your life together! Wow, congrats, and best wishes for a happy, healthy, and independent future. Life is beautiful and you help make it so!

(Chubbular puppies help too! I hope this guy got a big hug and treats for finally turning his little self over!)

33. Ya’ll should put this up after the first two! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udB98SLzXgQ&feature=player_embedded

34. Queen of Dork says:

Thank you, AmyJ! I try every day to make it better!

35. By the way – unrelated question here, perhaps there was a discussion of this but I’m not able to check CO all the time. Whatever happened to Prongs? Seems like she was posting a lot for a few days but I haven’t seen anything in a while. Is she still going to be contributing to CO?

36. Have you seen this video of the same pup? Trying to attack a kitty that just isn’t having it? OMG, check out his legs all splayed out while he’s in attack mode.

=)

37. Queen of Dork says:

AmyJ: Don’t know. It’s funny you thought that was a girl. I thought It was a guy..

38. QofD – I don’t remember the specifics but there were some references in the comments to an early Prongs post to her being a girl. She has her own blog, rabbits who look like people (I think). But still, she could be a guy, I’m not really sure.

[No, you're right, that's her. I do hope she does some more stuff here soon. - Ed.]

39. Just looked at the video Brook linked to, very funny, love the cat’s reaction but I never had a baby french bulldog is that much splaying of the back legs normal?

40. unɟ sı sıɥʇ ɐɥɐɥɐɥ

41. Note: http://upsidedown.info/nwodedispu.pl if you want to make flipped text.

[˙pƎ - ˙MON ƃuıʞɹɐɯʞooq 'ʇı ǝʌoʃ I ¡ǝɯosǝʍ∀]

42. Queen of Dork says:

AmyJ- really? I don’t remember that. A girl? huh…

43. Queen of Dork says:

Ooops. Didn’t see Ed’s comments. Hi Ed!!!!

44. I’m still in the process of adding them, Qo’D. ;) Y’all been busy.

45. Thanks [Ed.] – I hope so too!

QofD, check the comments for this post, if you have the time, for some info about Prongs: http://cuteoverload.com/2009/09/09/the-cats-have-gone-to-the-golden-arches-no-not-those-golden-arches/

46. YAY, he did it, good boy !

47. ¡¡¡unɟ

48. Clapping!

49. Queen of Dork says:

Oh my Gosh. I don’t know. I just feel like Chrisy on Three’s Company. Like I have no clue. But my Kitty is cool! He’s right here by my feet as always being supportive of moi!!

50. Queen of Dork says:

OMG AmyJ! You figured out that upside down crap too!!

51. Is that the 8 seconds cut off from the original minute long video? I think it would have saved some people a lot of grief if it was kept on!

But all puppies need to get up on their own sometime. Pups don’t always have a human to roll them over! Also,

ʎddıɹʇ ʎʇʇǝɹd sı sıɥ⊥

52. QofD – check on the link Grace provided (#41). It’s a website that does the upside-downing. Then just copy and paste. Very awesome! As Theo said – bookmarking NOW (although he said it upside down).

53. Queen of Dork says:

Hey! Hey! everybunny. turn backside up. I tried this and it didn’t work! I want to be upside down and inside out too!

54. Queen of Dork says:

HEY! WTF?

55. Queen of Dork says:

I’m exhausted by all this. But I’m going to be upside down if it kills me. (which it won’t.) Theo, Amy…bare with me here. I’m going to do this.

56. Hmm – that’s odd, QofD. Did the website not turn your text upside down, or did the copy and paste not work?

57. ˙˙˙˙ƃuıʇsǝʇ

58. Queen of Dork says:

Bullcrap. Every time I go on that website I just get the swirly, swirly circle thing over, and over, and over, and over and over, and over, and over, and over, and over and oveeeeer, overreeeeer, and overrreeeerrr AGAIN.

59. @Queen of Dork: Have you scrolled down the page? If you’re on a smallish monitor, it may not be completely visible unless you scroll down…..

¡ʃooɔ ooʇ

60. Queen of Dork says:

Wow! Cool Victoreia! That looks likes fun! Sort of like Fright Dome here in Las Vegas!

61. QofD, do you mean you haven’t been able to connect to the website? Did you try closing the browser and opening again, or even rebooting? The site seems to be ok, but it sounds like your computer doesn’t like it.

62. Queen of Dork says:

victoreia – I tried everythingl I think maybe my computer just sucks.

63. Oops, sorry I didn’t see your post, oh Queen!

64. Queen of Dork says:

AmyJ…HUH???

65. Queen of Dork says:

You women are the best women that I have ever had the honor to meet in my whole entire life! And I really mean that!!!!!

66. Queen of Dork says:

I’m going to say that again: You women are the best women that I have ever had the honor to meet in my whole entire life!!!

67. Queen of Dork says:

Ah crap. I’ve scared everyone off againl

68. QofD – What I meant was, I was wondering if maybe your computer didn’t like the website at the same time you were basically saying the same thing.

I don’t know about you folks but I’m on the east coast and I really think I need to get myself some sleep. Sweet dreams, all!

69. One last thing (not scared off, just tired) – I think the folks of CO really are great. I don’t always have time to read the comments and contribute, but aside from the occasional commentroversy, it’s a pretty nice place to be! And face it, the commentroversies can be pretty entertaining if you have a comfy chair and some pudding.

70. Queen of Dork says:

Good night and sweet dreams!!

71. ¡¡uoıʇɔɐɹʇsıp ɹǝɥʇouɐ ˙SSSSƎ⅄

This really trips out my Mac’s spellchecking lol.

72. SUCCESS!! He did it!
    We need to throw that pup a party!

73. That video Brook linked to KILLED ME

74. I swear there is not one puppy video that is not the pure unadulterated essence of cuteness in Lavendar2003′s you tube channel. The power of the puppies make my mind asplode then heal me. I squeed so hard a neighbor called the cops to complain about the noise.

I swear with French bulldogs like those and a vast supply of chocolate I could bring about world peace or at least less bickering.

75. Heh, yay lil frenchie :D I’m glad he finally figured out how to roll back over heh

76. Pitas for Rita says:

All I did was come to see the polly puppersons roll obers, but now there is moar fun…

¡sıɥʇ ǝʞıʃ sʞooʃ ʇı pu∀

OMGosh I love you all! XOXOXO

77. Pitas for Rita says:

@ Brook : OMGOSH dids ewe sees tuh catz be lookin at tuh camerwa at 00:27? liek hee reddy tew dies the hooman tats filmyn the whowle feengs?
    LOOKIES!

78. Brook’s video link is absolutely ‘tock-tastic!

79. Okay, I want the Little Fat Pup Who Stood Up as prime minister. Or president. Or freakin’ master of the universe. It’s not often that you think “Oh my gosh, he’s AMAZING” just because someone stood up of their own volition.
    Think about it. Major economic deficit? ID cards scandal? Fears about the NHS? Get a bunch of cameras in the room, then this little guy rolls about on his back for a bit, and you’ve forgotten all that other stuff.

I love the expression on the cat’s face at 0.27 in Brook’s video. It’s all “is this as ridiculous as I think it is, fellow sapient being?”

80. MAJOR splits on that puppy! And I have come to the conclusion that French bulldog puppies look like Yukon gold potatoes.

81. P.S. I thought that the universe spinning properly was due to THIS guy:

82. man I love puppies. How can someone not look at a puppy and not smile and make your day a little bit better.

83. bookmonstercats says:

Puppers has to learn co-ordination, so it’s prolly best if he isn’t put right side up right away, unless he’s becoming exhausted or distressed. If he and his mum lived in the wild, there’d be no human to help him.

The brill upside down text web-site says to me that it can’t flip all my text. For example, it can’t do g or h.

QofD, God bless you and keep you.

84. Ehn! – must have been coined for this little guy.

Brook – Hi -larious video. Cats “Oh dear this is pathetic, that little blob thinks it can get near moi, tsk tsk tsk.”

On a slightly gloomy note, a friend had a British Bulldog who’s back legs kept collapsing, I think it was hip dysplasia and a failing of the breed. I don’t know anything about Bull baiting, but I guess the dogs were bred for a jaw that would grip and possibly the splayed back legs for purchase on the ground.

85. ¡¡¡sƃuoɹԀ ‘ǝɯoɥ ǝɯoƆ ¡ooʇ ‘sƃuoɹԀ ssıɯ I
    ¡ƃuıɹɐɥs ɹoɟ sʞuɐɥ⊥ ¡ɟɟnʇs unɟ ɹǝʍǝu ɥʇıʍ dn ǝɯoɔ oʇ sʇsıƃoʃo-OƆ oʇ ʇı ǝʌɐǝ˥

86. Yeah, I always just assumed he was rolling for sh**s and giggles and could get up whenever he wanted!

87. Resriechan (Formerly L, NTA) says:

1) Anyone else realize the irony, in Pyrit providing us w/ upside-down & backwards text capability, under the photo story of the little doggy getting himself rightside up?

2)Hi Pyrit ….I just opened the link you did in # 87 & I’m not catching the insight of that one?? What’d I miss?

Peace & sequins to all.

88. Puppeh clearly in rehearsals for new movie
    “Breakdancing 4: Ehn-lectric Boogaloo”
    Bring on the the pop-and-locking!

ǝɯosǝʍɐ

89. @Pitas for Ritas, that vid is HI-larious! I love the look at .43 that mom-doggie gives the cat…it’s like she is thinking “I am not going to mess with that” and starts to play with other puppeh. Adorable puppeh squeaking too!

90. Succumb to the power of the French Bulldog!

I promise you, this little guy has no problem getting off his back, especially if there’s food in the vicinity.

91. illini Jen, Tater is hilarious! The tummy!! The squirming!! And that little barky “ehn ehn ehn” sound – too much first thing in the morning. I’m ded already!

92. …wait, there was a cow?

93. Teho, a cow?!? What the heck did I miss!!

QoD, you may just be my new hero. Wow. You have overcome so much; to borrow a 70′s-ism… keep on truckin’.

Yay for the little pup, I knew he’d get it eventually, but his “Did you see me do that” look at the end is simply “too, too”.
    As for the upside down text, hilarious, esp in context of upside down puppy.

94. whooo! :3

95. ʎaʎ¡ =^˙‾˙^=

96. hooray for the puppy – I knew he could do it!!!

97. Doesn’t this kind of depend on your definition of “up”?

I mean, how low-to-the-ground can you be and still call it “up”?

Any object dragging its belly on the ground would be called “down” in my vernacular…

98. Pudgy puppies FTW! I loves me some soft belleh.

Hah! I knew he could do it.

99. Resriechan – The pic I linked there. Just havin’ more upside down fun.
    It’s the Black Pearl, getting back to the land of the living. See the movie!
    One of my most fave pics. She rights herself, just like the pup.
    (Just like Queen of Dork …hugs.)

So glad the upside down writing website was such a hit here!

100. OK, that is NOT a dog. Even its mother isn’t a dog, but wow is it cute.

I’m so proud of his achievement, what the hell is wrong with me? Memo-to self: get out more often…

101. Carolinaliz says:

Yay for puppy! See, by leaving the puppy alone he figured it out for himself without anyone helping him! He deserves a treat. And a snuggle.

102. @Noelegy:
    What a freaky little video! I thought you’d get nuffers, but perhaps the bewilderbeast llama was sufficient nuff-repellent. And love the gyroscope.
    “I wave my hat to all I meet . . . “

103. yellowsneakers says:

LMFAO I’m playing a live album on iTunes, and JUST as the puppy got up, the applause on the track started. Hilarious.

104. Im guessing those that were feeling so awful for this pup have never seen a baby giraffe born, nor what the mother does to it immediately it stands…

Animals need to learn to fend for themselves or they will become incapable of taking care of the basic essential needs it must to live day to day… rolling over should be learned by the pup without human interference. He needs to be strong, independent, and capable! (seriously?!) Practical sense to me, but then I was raised on a farm.

105. Baby bulldog, it’s a baby bulldog,
    It’s a baby bulldog, a bulldog in a fog,
    It’s a baby bulldog, a bulldog with a frog,
    It’s a baby bulldog, it’s a baby bulldog.

106. You GO little Wrinkles McPuppersons! I actually cheered.

WANT! *grabby hands*

107. Excuse me….what cow?

108. dub1: Aww, what’s to nuff? Friendly, Esperanto-speaking guy who loves his job. And there’s a kitty in there!

109. I thought in the first one he was rolling just for the fun of it.

110. I like how he looks politely surprised that he managed it

111. Picture take should have definitely helped the puppeh turn over. He was soo distressed and crying.

112. That’s picture TAKER.

113. where is his mom ;)

114. French bulldogs just have huge-ass barrel-y ribcages; other dogs that are that shape can have trouble rolling over, too. I had a Boston terrier (which have very similar shapes to Frenchies) and she wasn’t the quickest with rolling over either; she was really uncoordinated and was kinda like that puppy when she was really little, but she figured it out eventually and didn’t have any trouble when she got to be a little older. This puppy’s obviously still fairly young; it just seems like he’s just not all that coordinated yet but will get there as he gets older.

115. P.S.

My favorite video of lavender2003′s is the one where the puppy’s playing with this huge-ass beetle and it starts crawling on him. :D

116. I’m gonna check comments more often now that I’ve seen these great *other* videos, who knew? Thanks! Surely the cat-chasing pup deserves its own viral reign too? And to be on front page of cuteoverload? I can’t get over the plumpness and the ….. errr, adorable dopiness of these bebehs, I loves me ze Frainch bulldogs now!

117. Too little too late!! This accepted cruelty has forced me to leave cuteoverload once and for all, as well as avoid any more videos that the dog owner sadistically posts on YouTube. In fact, there’s millions of other baby animals all over the world’s forests who are suffering because the humans didn’t bother to turn them back upright. How dare you….

[ ... - Ed.]

118. SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!! The ears!!!

*ded*

119. Marthava, Brook, and whoever else may have posted the video. I love when the cat looks at the camera like, “Come on. You seriously want my to waste my precious time..on THIS?”