Maru, Master of Disguise!

And now, ladies and gentlemen, a few quick impressions:

0:16: Big Rodent is watching you, citizen…

0:31: I’m a tiger!  No, I’m an elephant!  No, I’m a tiger!  Ah, the heck with it.

1:18: And finally, our very special guest star, Homeru Simp-san! Let’s hear it!

Like it, Ximena H.?  We love it!

Comments

1. Adorable! I love when he starts biting the box.

2. LOL this was REALLY funny and I do not know why. His little eyeballs get all smooshed!! LOVES IT!

3. totally and completey made of awesome.

4. Maru is so cute but I never noticed that spot on his nose before did he stick it where it didn’t belong?

5. Queen of Dork says:

Love the beauty mark on Maru’s nose! And the wrinkle nose action. Maru, I love you!

6. LMAO! <3'in his smooshed chubby face

7. Every time I watch Maru I just sit here with a big ol goofy grin on my face. AWESOME.

8. this is hypnotic. he just stares at you. and he has such tushy chubby arms.

9. Mrs. McGinty says:

Maru’s hyooman is awesome for taking the time to make him all these homemade games to amuse him, and entertain us! Maru is a riot. Is this an effort to wean him off boxes gradually, LOL? “Not every hole leads to a box, Maru. Sometimes a hole is, well, just a hole.” ;)

10. Maru sticking his face up to and thru tiger hold for the win!!!

11. The biggest, cutest and laziest cat ever in the planet

12. I <3 Maru!

13. Queen of Dork says:

LOVE!

14. I loved when Maru tried to bite the cardboard at the tiger.

15. The best is when he paw shoots out from the middle of the cat face. Like a scene out of Salvador Dali, or Buñuel .

16. Queen of Dork says:

Salvador Dali. Reminds me of Brazil. Have you seen that movie?

17. Maru is so effing awesome. Believe it!

18. Oh, I’m so relieved, I thought for sure he would get is head stuck and have to wear the cardboard for a while.

19. This is GENIUS!

I’m so jealous of Maru’s owner!!!

20. I’m heaving a sigh of contentment. I’ve been waiting for ya’ll to post this. Maru is too insane! I love his little placid face — he’s a true straight-faced comedian. He’s always, “Yeah, I can dive into that tiny box – check it!” “Oh, you think it’ll be funny when I stick my face into a cartoon? You don’t know what funny is. Check it!”

21. Stay tuned for Maru vs. Catzilla! No box will be safe!

22. That cat has an unnerving stare. I believe it has x-ray vision or something.

23. Oh Maru, always distracting me from homework with your adorable smushy face and ridiculous antics. *dangles jingly shiny string toy in front of his nosicle*

24. Maru – Yeau seau seelleh. Yeau theenk yeau cannes feaul moi weeth yeaur papaire theen deesgize, eh? Vee kneau eets yeau!

25. Look at him trying to stuff his chunky head through that hole. Absolutely adorable. Maru, we love you!

26. I agree with Deb! GENIUS!

27. Oh Maru, I love you. I’m going to steal you. Who wants in on the Maru catnapping scheme?

28. oh if you only knew

29. Happy Caturday, Peeps!

I totally read the title as “A-hole and Maru” the first time. “That guy looks like a rabbit!”

P.S. Is that a tiger head? It looks more like a Maru head to me. I think Maru is commenting on the “face” he puts on for his public, exploring how that face is different from his inner Maru. Discuss.

30. Maru renders me helpless with joy and laughter. He and his person should have their own TV show or someping.

31. Maru’s eyes are beautiful. I think the ancient Egyptians got ther idea for eye makeup from cats.

Queen of Dork – Brazil is one of my favourite films, one of the scenes, where men in black absail down, was shot in the disused cooling tower of a local gasworks.

32. Queen of Dork says:

Really? In a local gasworks? It’s one of my favorites too. I love the maintenance guys with the overly large bills on their hats. Of course, I just love the whole movie. By the way, don’t mean to sound ignorant, but what the heck is a “gasworks?”

33. Queen of Dork says:

Last comment meant for Hon Glad. Sometimes I get too enthusiastic and ahead of me self.

34. Queen of Dork says:

Hon Glad: One last thing to say: I hope you don’t get mad at me for this but every time I read one of your comments I do so with a British accent in my head. Please don’t be mad about that. *covering head to avoid pillows and stuff being thrown at me.*

35. Queen of Dork – why should I get mad, I am English. I hope the accent is received pronounciation (BBC news readers)
    A gasworks extracted coal from gas, suicides were possible because the gas contained carbon monoxide.

36. Queen of Dork says:

Cool! You, my friend, are the best! I have a cousin who has lived across the pond for six years. She just got her master’s in creative writing. I am SOOOO proud of her!! Sadly, when I go home to Maryland and she calls, I can barely understand a word she says. :(

37. :lol: GIGGLE :lol: Maru is being a silly kitty :lol:

38. Just when I think I’ve reached the top level of love for Maru…a new level! And the cut-out faces–terrific! Perhaps we’ll get to see Maru Antoinette?

39. Queen of Dork says:

Hon Glad: I lived over there for three years in Berlin when my dad was stationed there. Saw many, many countries. Unfortunately, not England. I had the astounding opportunity to tour Italy when I was 17 and was dancing ballet. Man, Spoleto was amazing!! I so wish I could see your beautiful city of London. And all the hills and shires around. Maybe some fine day.

Stephanie.

40. Hey guys, you should check out Maru’s post on Sept 21, there’re heart-wrenchingly cute pics of Maru two years ago when he’s still a kitten!

41. AH MAH GAH BABY MARU I HAVE DIED 3948754 TIMES

42. best Maru vid yet!

43. LOL LOL Maru is sooooo funny!!

44. I’m sitting here snickering. No, Maru, that hole’s not quite big enough, I’m afraid. XD

45. i want a cat!

46. Maru is just the best. Winston, Sockington…. they are fantastic, but Maru….. just ROCKS MEGA. :D

47. Maru, as kitten=end of world as I know it.

48. What ees thees? A hole? Can eet feet my haid? Non? Then I shall bite eet! ehn!

I’m a tiger! I’m an elephant! whap whap!

49. Who doesn’t love a good Maru-in’?

50. I love Maru! I love his big round head, and his chunky paws, and his big thick tail (I want to GRAB EET), and his thick glossy fur (I want to run my fingers through it backwards . . . . I am just in love.

Also: his human is certainly creative.

51. If you get the chance, buy the book “I am Maru.” Hilarious stuff in there, including a DVD with wallpaper and videos. You’ll get gems like this:

52. Dang, lost the quote. It should be

“Yeah I did step on my poop, but if I keep walking around, it will eventually get cleaned off, right?”

53. LOL! <— Frank!

54. Does anyone besides me maybe think that this Maru cat isn’t all that great? I don’t mean to be mean but I’d rather not see the same animal every week.

55. Yitzysmommie says:

Maru! I love you. Please don’t tell Yitzy.

56. This is so weird! I love it.

57. I would be perfectly content if you changed this site to maruoverload.com.

58. Am I the only person getting sick of this fecking cat?

59. OMG BOX CAT?!?!

sware it’s the same freaking cat!!

[Well yeah, it's Maru. - Ed.]

60. Divergent Reality says:

Instead of “Homeru Simp-san” it would have been ok to reference Mr. Sparkle.

61. @ Stephen yes you are!

62. Thanks, Jace, for the link. The photos are wonderful and the text blows my mind!! Total charm.