Two Perspectives

3906029630_0b3648c8a5_b

Creepy crawly

Picture 005

That is all-ly

Ah, that's better.

Nice patio, Amanda M.

Comments

1. The Dutchess of Cupcake says:

I love eet! Slugs gross me out, but for some reason snails, which look just like a slug only with a shell on top, are kind of cute to me.

2. Such a beautiful arrangement.

3. Today’s calendar page says “Extra points if you can NAME THIS BOOK!”

It’s “Pride & Prejudice”!!
    XD

I’ll take my points now.

4. I know the owner of those fingers

5. Heather in Oregon says:

ewww slimy! and they let it climb all over their hand? ew ew ew ew!!!!!!

6. catloveschanel says:

Mike, you should go on that password show with Betty White and Regis.

7. Awwww, it’s a mini snailio iglesias! The last pic is beautiful!

8. ahhhh :-) Mike, you never cease to make me giggle..

9. Mary (the first) says:

The snailio is cute but ..I’m officially throwing my hat in the ring for Grand Duchess Poobah of the NOMTOM fan club. Those entertwined poems.. TOO MUCH.

10. mike you never cease to leave me breathless with your ability to bring beauty from blorpitude…

you are just plain wonderful, guy….

okay, girlies: i am bringing the pudding and some real food: scallops in the shell, whole eggplant for the vegetarians..

yum yummy….

11. Oh Noooes, Mr. Sluggo will devour the purple lantana!

12. Do I hear some miniature scattin’ in the background?

13. The couplets sound like the little rhymes that always lead up to ” . . . out-of-control . . .BRIDE-ZILLA!!!”

14. Wannadance, I’ll bring my famous Escargot Kebabs. Okay?

15. Sounds like the beautiful and circle-R Academy Award-winning ‘Falling Slowly’ from the b-and-cR AA-w indie film ‘Once’.

…erm, melded to the ‘Great Green Gobs’ camp song.
    Do I win a capuchin-o and a puppeh?

16. I would like to submit my name for the Treasurer/Secretary of the NTMTOM fan club, this is a genius entry. I swelled, I swooned, I reached for my smelling salts!

17. Betty Ford: I’ll be your Payroll Manager! Be careful with the smelling salts. They do bad things to snails. :-)

Duchess of Cupcake: I’m with you. Cute and ick at the same time.

This little guy should have a flag that says Don’t Tread On Me. Why? Cuz that’s the worst feeling in bare feet!

18. Blondie: that’s the worst feeling for WHOM?

19. Daphne Moss says:

Snail haiku:
    Little tiny snail, thinks:
    “Warm.
    Icky warm.
    Not liking the warm …
    Ahhh … flowers …

20. bysie-whysie.
    wonderful crisp pictures and love the african violets. that snail has good taste.
    great word-play NTMTOM

21. mockingbird says:

Ohh I love this… it’s beautiful! :)

22. That’s not CUTE! That’s gross!!! How dare you!?

[Oh we dare. We do dare indeed. - Ed.]

23. Awwwwww so cute! I think its a baby giant african land snail-I used to have loads and it sure looks like one.

How can anyone say its gross?!?! Snails are adorable, I used to let my snails ‘walk’ on my face-was like a really slow massage :D:D:D

24. Very cute little snailio!!! He’s so tiny and wee!

25. So teeny tiny! I’m not a big fan of snails (even though I have aquariums full of aquatic ones), but that is a leetle one I wouldn’t mind.

26. Yaaaay! You posted my pics! Got my last initial upside-down, but this is the first time I’ve submitted anything so I’m giddy anyway. :}

[Whoops! I must have gotten disoriented whilst typing it. Ees feexed! -- Mike]

27. @skippymom: Me! And the snail too… :-)

28. He’s transparent!

29. The hovertext poem was better than the captioning poem, in my opinion. (NOt that the latter was bad. Just my preference.) He’s kinda cute. Doesn’t make me squee tho. And the flowerz is prettifuls.

30. Cutie patootie!
    Of course, I pet cicadas.

31. Great pix, excellent w00bie little snail, great pomes, but missing the tagline:

Burma Shave!

(This will only make sense to people over 50.)

32. Queen of Dork says:

I like the pretty fingernails which the human has offered the little snail to slime on. (And the purple flowers are really beautiful).

33. Snails & Nails!

34. Queen of Dork says:

And I also like the accurate and at the same time total silly of NTMTOM’s poem. It discribes the pictures perfectly.

Aaaaahhhhhhhh.

35. So widdwe! So cute! I want to pet it.

36. he’s so cute. it’s too bad he’ll destroy those flowers.

– conflicted gardener

37. it looks like we have a prez, a treasurer / secretary, a payroll mgr, and a grand duchess poobah for the NOMTOM fanclub. i’ll be the statistician / decorations mgr…. what’s left?

wannadance, are we up n runnin mz prez? =)

38. May I be the head chef? I make (build) a pretty mean lasagna. And NTMTOM’s main poem is cute, in an Arlo sort of way, but the hovertext one touched my heart. That probably says more about me than anyone else.

39. That IS super cute, but before I realized that there’s a leetle snailio in the photos, I actually thought that the first picture was of somebody’s fingernail accident. GROSS! x__x

40. Those poems are wonderful. The only rhyme we missed was “I have a snail, on my nail” (which was the one I thought of, seeing the first picture, before I read the poems). Thanks, NTMTOM. (I, incidentally, have a similar naming problem to his; there is always another Michael around. In some cases I bill myself “Just some other Michael.”)

41. the bug man says:

@Patito Gigante:

I approve of anyone who pets cicadas.

Personally, I coo over stenopelmatids. (“Who’s a good little earth baby? You are! You are!!)

42. ok,ok, the snail is cute and all, but EIGHT photos?

43. Nice manicure. Nice poem, too.

44. Nice Pome NOMTOM.

Snails are attractive to look at but in the garden and veg patch they are absolute
    b*****ds

45. General Disapproval: if that’s a joke, it’s not funny and if it’s not a joke, it’s just mean.

Nothing at all wrong with those fingers, Amanda M.

I think the snailio is cute, in a mucousy sort of way. His teensy antennae (or whatever those are) are simply perfect. :)

46. good old whatshername says:

The mouseover text is just too precious. Bravo, Other Mike!

47. NOMTOM is DA BOMB!

48. The best part is the slime trail on the “world is curvy” pic!!! :-D

I really enjoyed this post, thank you. Felt like a peaceful walk in the park!

49. Bestest hovertext EVER!!

50. Mike, I have long suspected that you are a genius, but the regular verse/hovertext verse, Amanda’s perspective/snalio’s perspective just proves it!

51. @ General Disapproval: You are finding fault with someone’s perfectly lovely FINGERS? No, I must be in some alternate bad-manners world. Rolling over & going back to sleep till this dream is over.

52. When my son was 2 years old(hes now 8 and still hates snails) he would stop at the doorway to a snail or slug on the ground. I remember his little finger pointing it out. Wouldnt move til I got rid of it. Very funny/cute.

53. Teeny = cute!

I like your fingers Amanda, haha! I wish I had healthy shiny nails like that…

54. TWO! Two poems in one! How lucky can we CO readers get??? :) Nice job, NOMTOM.

55. I squee’d! Bless, teeny weeny tiny winy snail-kins. Awww.

56. This is so damn cute!!!

57. Love it!!! The last pic made me “Aaawwwwww!” out loud!! :)

58. That was adorable!

59. He has a striking resemblance to Jar Jar Binks.

60. Two wonderful poems – hover-poem is awesome!

I like snailio’s eyestalks! He’s cute!

61. Ditto re NOMTOM’s great poetry-ing ability!

62. Squez Mommy says:

Love the poem!!! :) And adorable photos. Cutest mollusk evar! Wait, mollusk, right?

63. I can just hear the lil’ snalio going “ehn! ehn!”

64. BLEH! *vomits on snailio*

65. Tanya CF Little says:

Go ahead and change your name, already. You should be called “Cute Overlord” instead. I am defenseless!

66. @Queen of Dork Thank you! I do try to wash my hands.

@daniela We just took a couple of pictures there before I moved her to a patch of clover, which she is welcome to destroy.

@Molly Feel lucky only eight were posted; I took a lot. xD

@Rachael Hmm…? Someone said something about my fingers?? That’s weird. Must’ve been deleted. I do have weak nails but I like my fingers! Thanks!

67. bookmonstercats says:

Pretty nailios to balance the snalios.

68. You have some very pretty, clean hands :)