The Cats Have Gone To The Golden Arches. No, Not THOSE Golden Arches.

Look, I’m no bloodhound, but I swear I can’t find The Cat anywhere. I mean, don’t get me wrong – I’m no fan, you know? The Cat thinks he’s better than me. He’s all high and mighty and always gets all up in my mug about being “potty trained”. Look, I could crap in a bin of pebbles if I wanted to too, but I choose to take my business curbside. All proper-like.

Still, I kind of miss The Cat. Bring on the comfort food.

puppy_stares_out_window

Don’t forget the apple pie, Josh P.

Comments

1. haha.. “THE cat”.. Don’t worry puppy! By day’s end I’m sure we will have found atleast one cat…. hopefully… please… with sugar on top… *puppy dog eyes*

2. BeckyMonster says:

Two All-Maru Patties, GENIUS!!!!!!!!

3. Ooh the fluffitude is too moishe… (bonks head on monitor trying to snorgle earsies..)

4. Maruuuuuuu!

5. I was away for a week and I’m trying to get caught up. Why are we having a Day Without Cats, and who is Seregs?

6. Argyle Donkeypants says:

Wait, who posted this one? Have I been in a coma? Who is this person? (Yes, this is how tiny my world is.)

[Good eye. More to follow. :) - Ed.]

7. Mary (the first) says:

Yeah, who is Seregs? Never heard of him/her. If he/she’s doing away with cats.. maybe not a good addition to the CO family. I love the puppehs, hedgies, wols, etc. as much as anyone but we have to have kittehs too.

[New screen name is "Prongs" - the other was temporary. - Ed.]

8. Mary (the first) says:

Not only that,he/she forgot the pickles.

[Gah, I'm sure it was an oversight, CAN'T FORGET PICKLES... - Ed.]

9. CO been Supersized!
    (please be a she, please be a she, please be a she)

[OK OK OK, yes, she's a she. I'm sure this was as much a surprise to her as it was to us. - Ed.]

10. Leslie (NTA) says:

@ Skippymom — back up a couple of posts; eg. Hedgehog B & H, Ode to a Day w/o Cats, etc….& also peruse the comments thereunto appertaining ….
    (Please read the following line, in James Earl Jones’ voice: ) ….

“And All Will Become Clear” ……….

11. Ahhhhhh. I’m just imagining that tomorrow there will be a plethoa of cats here as they all come surging back from their 1-day vacations from our peeping eyes.

Hope they enjoyed the vacations…. I know I’ve missed ‘em :-( , but CO has surely provided some almost-acceptable substitutions :-) . Thanks for the Qte, CO!

12. You can call me Prongs, and please — I didn’t forget the pickles. They just don’t mix with Maru.

13. Maybe Cat taken by the Hamburgler.

14. Whoa. Too soft. I must die now.

15. Pickles and onions were added to the hovertext even as we type. Well done, Ed. !

[These things are always a team effort. :D Hi Prongs. ;) - Ed.]

16. Slain by spotted toes ….

17. fish eye no miko says:

Awww… Don’t worry, puppy, the Cat will be back tomorrow! (Cuz the cat came back, the very next day…)

So, is the New Guy a Harry Potter fan?

["New Guy"?? - Ed.]

18. HI PRONGS Welcome to the Mad House!

LOL and IS that a Saint Bernard Puppy? IS it ?is it? is it????????

19. FishEye Prongs is a SHE YAY!!!!!!111!!!!

Aherm no offense Teho and NOMTOM.

20. Oh, he’s so fluffy! He deserves a Big Mac.

21. Woah! Um, if you Google “prongs seregs”, ….

22. OMG–That is totes a St. Bernard pup! LOVE HIM. Wish we could see his cute face!

23. Are you a puppy, or are you a bunny? DECIDE ALREADY! Man, the *nerve* of some animals.

24. Is it just me or is anyone else looking @ cat pics on teh interwebs 2day and feel like shouting, “HEY! I’m looking at Cats. On the internet! PBBBBBBTHHH!”?

No? Ok, just me then.

Can I get a side of toe beans and fuzzeh puppeh ear kronches 2 go pls?
    (hold the onions).

25. So floofy!
    When I was a teenager I liked to feed our dog a McDonald’s hamburger as her birthday treat — just make sure to get it with no onions ’cause they’re poisonous to pups…

26. LisaHoneychan says:

Sure looks like a St. Bernard pup to me, kittyadventures. I’ve had a few of ‘em, and they have to be one of the all-time cutest puppies EVER, So roly-poly and uuber-fluffy, and sweet to boot.

All this little guy wants is a Happy Meal!

27. “On a sesame seed lop” Nicely played. (polite golf clap)

28. BeckyMonster says:

Hi Prongs, we welcome you with fuzzy kitten toes and ears (not pictures mind you, just ACTUAL toes and ears. Das Piktures est VERBOTEN!!!) Please excuse my pathetic excuse at an attempt to spell in German.

Either way, nice to have some fresh blood to throw in the blender, as it were…

29. bookmonstercats says:

Hi, Prongs. pull up a chair and tell us all about yo’self.
    Now! *looks over top of specs*
    I have spent the day reading and considering Privy Council and Court of Appeal cases on contract law and estoppel. However, there has been one distracting question uppermost in my mind.
    WHEN are the Cute Overlords going to mark the end of No-Cat-Day by posting a kitteh, given the spread of peeps around the world, and the different time-zones involved? It is just shy of two and a half hours to midnight here in the UK. Should I put my bed-time cocoa back, so I can catch the first kitteh post on Thursday morning? I need to know.

30. catloveschanel says:

Where’s the beef?

31. Wait, PRONGS? Maybe it’s because I live in Atlanta and just hosted Dragoncon but I keep thinking of the HP reference.

No, not the printers.

32. Thanks LisaHoneyChan for the confirmation, I thought so….. Dives into amazing Floof while deftly avoiding the Drool.

At PYRIT IS Prongs who I think She is… (Whispers Bunnies that look like People???)

33. Ptycho – my puppybunny still can’t decide from day to day.

34. There once was a poster named Prongs
    Who served Maru burgers with tongs
    There are kitten smoothies,
    But don’t mention that please
    Or the nuffers will show up in throngs.

[ALTERNATE ENDING, FOR LULZ: "...in thongs" :twisted: - Ed.]

35. @Ptycho, LOL! Well as long as they don’t show up in Thongs I think we can handle ‘em! :-)

36. Camille – tell that lazy bum Puppybunny of yours to get a job. Man, kids these days.

Metz- If they showed up in thongs they’d be so busy being appalled and aghast at each other, I don’t think we’d have to worry about them.

37. AuntieMame says:

Okay, a Day Without Cats takes some getting used to, but I’d be perfectly happy with a World Without Pickles. Bleh.

Welcome, Prongs, whomever you might be. :)

38. alwayscataddict says:

Great – now I want a Big Mac….

[SRY U CANT HAS CHEEZBURGER LOL - Ed.]

[...um, wow. Maybe this cold-turkey cat withdrawal wasn't such a great idea. :P - Ed.]

39. Actually, all the cats are being posted by defiant Voxers! HA!

40. BeckyMonster says:

@Kar
    Hello there, fellow Atlanta dweller. I did not attend Dragon Con, but I immediately thought of Harry Potter’s dad’s nickname too (man that was long). On a side note, I REALLY need a Marauder’s Map for work so I know when to look busy!

41. Hmmmmmm, I have a suspicion who is Prongs. But probably I’m wrong.
    Is this a McDonald’s ad? It is just so perfect (not counting Maru burgers; I shall ignore that reference.)

[No, really, Prongs is new here. She's not me or Mike or Meg or Mark or Maru. - Ed.]

42. Awesome right paw acksh by Fluffles McFlufflesons there!!

43. kittyadventures: One and the same. Don’t judge too harshly though – I’m slightly nicer in person.

44. Where I shout my defiance to Kittyless days. And hide behind the big angry lion headed goddess. ;-)

45. @ Metz…no you’re not the only one. I’ve purposely gone to I Can Haz Cheezeburger today…even posted Sr. Mary Catnip on the cube wall. Given that most folks in the office determine my mood by the pic posted on the wall…a LOT of folks are confused about now. :P

46. maybe prongs is secretly winston?

47. Please, floofy puppy, turn around! Must.touch.

48. Wait–Prongs is Pyrit?

49. I hope she does turn out to be “one of us”. For some reason the thought of some mysterious new person was making me very nervous.

50. What or who is Prongs? I am confused. :confused:

51. Prongs has two websites/blogs. One about rabbits who look like people (or vice versa). The other is about, well, prongs (like claws, ya know).

52. OMG, Metz. Toe Beans?!?! Gah!!! That totally made me crack up. I kinda wanna say “eww” and “aww” at the same time! :D

Also, Welcome Prongs :) Hmm.. I think a Maru-burger would be quite filling, indeed. And of course, not to forget to mention the ever-so-neatly boxed packaging I’m sure he would come in!

53. welcome prongs! very happy to hear a female has joined the meg / teho / NOMTOM ranks … *heart* your 1st post! i have to ask…. is “prongs” a reference to HP? and if so, what is your patronus? a kitteh? *snerk

(theo, the context of which i am using “1st post” should be allowed, no?)

[Well, this IS Prongs' first post here on CO. I feel compelled to point out, though, that obviously this cannot apply to any and all of her subsequent posts. Carry on. - Ed.]

54. catloveschanel says:

I hope the story is two pronged! Because I’m sort of obssessed with Miss Kitty and the Benson Hedges chronicle.

55. Mary (the first) says:

Well I stumbled into Rabbits who look like People and was.. enthralled. Mystified. etc. But welcome Prongs.

56. If the days with no cats are always like this im happy such a fluffy puppy love it soooooo cuteeeeeeee

57. Awww, so sweet and fuzzy!

58. i want that puppy to turn around so i can splode from the puppy look…really…someone turn pup around…? this is a GREAT post for no cat day. thank you!

59. First: Howdy Prongs! Very happy to have you join our kooky little group! Yeay for a little more Girl Power on CO! (I actually stumbled upon your Rabbits Who Look Like People blog about a week ago and it cracked me up.)

Second: TOEBEANS!! That floofly puppy is just screaming for a giant snuggle.

Third: I’ve just fired up my blender and realized that I will NEVER be able to make another smoothie without thinking about kitties…oy.

[I think the appropriate term here has to be EYEWORM. Like a visual earworm. Hehehehe :twisted: - Ed.]

60. skippymom – Hi. pyrit is only pyrit. I promise. :-)

61. berthaservant says:

Welcome Prongs!!!!!

Cats are only more conspicuous by their absence. Somewhere Foucault is smiling.

62. PRONGS!!!! Like Harry Potter!
    MUST HAVE PUPPY!!! MUST…HAve…puppy…(Dies from cuteness overdose)

63. @Theo — LOL at Eyeworm–yes, my raspberry/blueberry smoothie is definitely an eyeworm…

64. Metz – If you’re still reading, let’s think healing thoughts for our friend Garrison Keillor.

[Yeah I heard that on the radio; sounds like it could've been a lot worse, and he plans to be at 100% for the upcoming PHC opener. Still, the phrase "a minor stroke" does have the word "stroke" in it. :( - Ed.]

65. Hey this post is giving Dog Park flashbacks. I got bowled over by a playful 92 pound St. Bernard pup who forgot to look where she was going. I went from sitting in a plastic chair to doing a backwards somersault. I haven’t done a one of those since 1973 or 74.
    Somewhere I have a pic of that pup playing with a Chihuahua.

66. Skippymom it was my badly worded post that lead you astray sorry.
    @Prong YAy I love your Bunnies and your biting wit on your other blog is excellent!

67. Cyooooooooooooooooot puppers!

Now, bring back the cats! (It’s already the 10th in half the planet’s time zones!)

68. what about a day without DOGS eh? :(
    poor kittehs
    we abandoned dem

69. Laughing at roisin……

Welcome Prongs! (Am I the only non Harry Potter geek?) If this post is any indication, you’ll fit in just fine. Also happy to have another girl in the group–and from what you’ve written (though I don’t have much to go on) I’d say you can probably hold your own in a pudding fight.

Also, am I the only one not missing cats? Come on peoples. Lots of times CO is all about cats, and I never get the least bit upset. (Dogs are my life.) Why can’t it be all about dogs for once without people gettin their shorts in a bunch? Just sayin.

[Well I'm not missing cats either, but that's largely because we've got three of 'em here at home - Ed.]

70. Check August 28. No dogs. All cats. I didn’t complain. Same with the 25 & 24. Serious: dogs don’t get enough air time. Just my opinion though. I’ll stop barkin at the kitties and go inside nows.

71. It’s 12:30 am here in New York – bring on the cats!!!!

I can’t say I survived the day because I got my fix at ICHC. And I didn’t really miss them on CO because instead we got Prongs! Yay and welcome!

72. catloveschanel says:

Theo! You caved! I love that thread too…

73. See, if they hadn’t thrown down the gauntlet, and made a big deal about a (shudder) cat-less day, nobody would have thrown a (cat-)hissy fit.

74. ~~~~~~~~~SQUEEZES TO DEATH~~~~~~~~~~
    Then gives mouth to mouth !!!!!!!

75. @CatLoves — no no, THIS thread. These comments right heah. Luvit.

76. Welcome Prongs. A fluffy pup is a great way to begin your CO career, proper-like.

77. PUPPY BUTT!!!

Ok, its at the bottom of the frame, but still…

78. Prongs like songs
    Can right some wrongs
    Or wrongs some rights
    well, perhaps they might

79. LOL “He’s all high and mighty and always gets all up in my mug about being “potty trained”. Look, I could crap in a bin of pebbles if I wanted to too, but I choose to take my business curbside. All proper-like.”

Puppy at the drive thru:….I’ll have aaa big mac, filet of fish, quarter pounder, french fries, icy coke, thick shake, sundae theeen an Apple pie! (anything for you?)

Hold the Cat..sup! Haa Haa