Bacon: Saved!

Just when you thought the interspecies snorgling action could go no further, we witness the very finest Mail Online has to offer. The tiniest bacon:

article-0-0645AD0A000005DC-172_634x502article-1210909-0645ACFA000005DC-169_634x560article-0-0645B4D0000005DC-104_634x513

Rhodesian Ridgeback and piglet action submitted by Marilyn T. over at The National Geographic Intelligent Travel Blog (HEARD OF THEM!?)

Comments

1. Awwww!!! Wrinkly and fuzzy! Love the schnout!

2. *splort* Damn, there goes my brain. :roll: Now how am I supposed to finish the invoicing?!

3. Oh
    My!!!!!!!!!!

SQUEEEEEEEEEE! Beautiful Rhodesian Ridgeback and cutest piglet EVER!

4. Yay I submitted this too.. I just about melted when I first saw this. That big ole dog with the wee little wrinkley piglet. So cute… so cute.

5. Awww, now my dog’s gonna want a little piggie of her own.

6. fish eye no miko says:

Oh, good heavens! Hims so teeny tiny!

7. Swore I would never do this………………..but………….it cannot be helped…………………..

SSSSQQQQUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

8. Awwwww soo cuteastic.

Ridgies are the most awesome dog ever… and well pot belly pigglets Rule!

9. *dies*

10. BeckyMonster says:

Must name baby porker “Bacon Bit”!!!

Perhaps he will ironically grow to Godzilla size. Hopefully by then I will have scooped up my brain and gotten it back into my skull, it melted out from Teh Qte™

Vive le BlenderKitty!

11. Tiny little piggy!!!!

Ridgie’s like, “Hmmm, you smell like dinner…but maybe you’re not quite done yet…”

12. For the first time I like pigs..just this one…he’s adorable…he looks like a miniture rhino…what a darling…

13. He’ll make a fine sandwich one day.

Kidding, I’m kidding!

14. OMFGBBQ you said “bacon”! In a story about a PIGLET! OMFG krooolty to animals! Krrrooolllteee!1!!1 I demand an apology to Wilbur and Babe and the three little pigs! And to my breakfast!

15. Well, now. That’s just about the cutest thing ever. I want a baby peeg.

And I will now have Olivia Newton John playing over and over in my head. :\

16. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

After reading the article about this pair, I call ResQte on this post.

17. Done!

18. Me: Oh GOD, the drama was 2 days ago. Let it go.

Also, tiny peeglet! HOORAY!

19. Are you for real Cuteoverload? Must you always push the cute-ittude so far that you may never be able to top yourself? I mean, what could possibly be cuter that a giant dog caring for the smallest piglet on Earth? C’mon!

20. TEEENY!
    TEEENY!
    TEEENY-TINY-TOOOONY!!! blahblahblahwarbggrbltlbghashbgarbl!!!

21. I’m loving the matching neck wrinkles in photo #2 – he takes after his mom!

22. PS Beautiful doggie!

23. OMG, bite-size! Bacon popper?

[Suddenly I'm feeling both hungry and guilty - Ed.]

24. PPS– A POCKET PIGGIE!!! Holy barglglbbblrbibblgblle!

25. It looks like the Germans are giving the Japanese a run for their money in the Qte department!

26. PPPS, Teeny Tiny Toony Piggly is def. a boy.

27. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

@Theresa: Very good; now put down the magnifying glass and step away slowly… ;)

28. Squeee! I think all goggies should come with their own pint sized pets.

29. Just when I think it can’t get any cuter, you throw something like this at me! That second picture slayed me so fast…

30. And I’ll name her Penelope…

31. Hey, NTMTOM, if people can make it out on an ultrasound . . . :mrgreen:

32. Is it squeeee or squeeeaaall? Cause that’s what I just said out loud when I saw the pic!

33. OHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Anoiwbatouaboutbwth285285jljoig–aoigxjnouhw;akjsouat jskl tbh.

Anyway holy shiz I want a miniature pig-rhino hybrid now.

[Wow, that's an interesting visual... *pondering* - Ed.]

34. Check out the teeny wrinkles that will be your demise! And the big, beeautiful eyes on that little darling! AND his fuzzy little head! Good grief!
    When I get to Heaven, I want about seven of these little fuzzy wrinkle balls with big schnorfers greeting me at the gate. And a fluffy puppy. And that bunny from a few posts ago. Aaaand throw in a ferret. Ferrets always make it interesting.

35. Is it just me or is the little piggie ( * I just wanna hug him and kiss him and smush him all over – Ala Elmira on Tiny Tunes*) smiling/smirking in the third photo?
    Argh* toooooo cute.

36. I definitely agree, Nani. He looks very smug about having been allowed access into the cuddly spot on the dog….. But I think it’s also nose wrinkles that give that illusion :D.

37. Dragonflye says:

I cannot handle it….

I cannot look away.

That little piggie is so damn cute.

38. ZOMG THE DOG IS GONNA EAT THE PIG. CAN YOU NOT SEE HOW MISERABLE HE IS? ZOMG I AM SO IMPORTANT AND THUS HEED MY OPINION BECAUSE YOU ARE ALL IDIOTS AND I AM JUST SO SO SIGNIFICANT IN THIS WORLD. THIS IS ANIMAL ABUSE, TO PICTURE A DOG AND A PIG TOGETHER. DEATH TO CARNIVORES!!!!!111oneoeneone

39. The fuzzy little piggy head has slayed me! And the mutual wrinkularity of mommy and baby are simply too much to bear. I don’t think any interspecies snorgling will ever be able to top this. This pic alone is proof of the existence of God.

40. Overwhelmed by cuteness! Does the dog think that’s a nekkid puppy?

41. that brought a smile to my face ! Adorable !

42. “I smell… BACON!”

And then he ate him.

[Did NOT. :P - Ed.]

43. Those are the most precious and perfect wrinkles I have ever seen!

44. Cute, yes, cute.

45. *ded of teh qte*

46. fish eye no miko says:

NTMTOM: Thanks for the article. I love stories like this!

47. Kathleen in Canada says:

Very adorable and the article’s good too. I love the middle photo!

48. His mama should have ironed his outfit. Didn’t she know he was getting his picture taken today?

49. ZOMG, the piggie’s going to OPEN his MOUTH VERY VERY WIDE, and SWALLOW the DOGGIE WHOLE!!!

Pssht, I don’t do hysteria well at all. Kind of a relief, actually. :P

50. I wanna stick him in my mouf, and not in a breakfast food kind of way either! :P

51. Nancy (orig) says:

She brought home the bacon and cuddled it up in the pan!

Meg, you’ve out-sssqqqquuuuuuuueeeee’d yerself! Thank you8-)

52. BABY PIGLETTE PIGLY PIGLY PIGLY.
    That is the level of my mental discourse looking at this picture. I want to touch him. You know he would be SO WARM.

53. So Theresa, it looks like Scraps is a boy pig….. :D

The size of the piglet in the last photo, relative to doggie paw….
    BLAMMO
    Ooh, my entrails exploded. Man, that stings.

54. zomg tiny!! lol.

55. the soft hairs on piggie’s cute head !!!

56. This is cute to the 10th power. And the first photo in the article where you actually see the little spamlet nursing is amazing–he is so tiny in that photo against this huge sweet dog! I LOVE this post! :)

57. I love these two sweethearts – as soon as I saw this story I immediately wanted to email it to Meg but then I remembered I know NOTHING about computers and routinely depend on the kindness of strangers to help me with all things digital. I knew (!!Yeah!!) another cute – porter would come to the rescue.

58. OMG OMG OMG that has to be the most little pigglet i have ever seen he is so wrinkle and everything and the dog is so cute too i think my brain melted with this pic they are just perfect

59. ohmygoodness.
    love love love!

60. I could stare happily at these pictures for hours. Doggie + tiny piggie= cute

61. It looks like a “House Hippo” from those tv commercials (a Canadian thing)!! :)

62. This, people, is why the site is Cute OVERLOAD. Oh My God.

63. OH my god that PIGGY. I need a better size reference than a giant dog! It looks like a bald ratty! Yay friendly doggies <3

64. Snorgling Bacon Bits

65. So so so very adorable.

I saved all three and couldn’t help but save them under the headline of schweinhund.

66. I literally squeeled out loud.

67. OMYSQUEEEEEEEE

68. That pooch’s paw is bigger than the piglet’s head!

69. kibblenibble says:

Inter-species adoption is <3 warming.

70. Cutest bacon I’ve ever seen!!! Goggie nice too.

71. I actually let out an involuntary (and very undignified) “AWWWW!” when I saw this. What is it about interspecies adoption that makes everything ten times cuter?

72. OMFG, Proof that there is a God, who else could create such a wonderful sight ???????????

73. So tiny! …must be the grunt of the litter.

74. HonorH: “What is it about interspecies adoption that makes everything ten times cuter?”

It’s like… “I’m not doing this because I have to. I’m doing it because I want to.”

75. Melissa H. says:

I wanna dip him in chocolate. That was the big thing at the Indiana State Fair this year, chocolate covered bacon.

76. KittyMarthaPoo says:

The dog’s like, “MMMM, BACON! Oh wait, I must be gently motherly to the wee little piglet..” :)

77. herzliebster says:

It looks like a teeny-tiny elephant with a pushed-in trunk.

78. HOLY EFFING EFF!!!!!!! X_______X
    I ONLY HOPE ONE DAY TO SNORGLE SUCH UNIMAGINABLE CUTENESS!!!!

79. kibblenibble says:

Piggeh’s earses are like teensy brown seashells!

80. Well, since nobody else said it …….
    Pig on a blanket !!!
    Pass the maple syrup please

81. This soooooooo makes up for the Blender Kitteh controversy. (Shuts file, pushes glasses up nose, claps hands in “finished!” motion, turns and leaves room.)

82. Fran in L.A. says:

@Melissa, “… chocolate covered bacon?” Something’s gone horribly wrong in Indiana!

83. Juniper Jupiter says:

Yeah, his bacon may be saved, but he looks like a nommable link of sausage to me! :D

What? He’s cute!

84. It’s a Pocket Pig!!

85. It doesn’t even look real!! Aww!

86. AWWWWWWWW WOOKIT THE WIDDLE PEEGY WEEGY.

Srs Qte iz srs.

(Good lord, Firefox has underlined every word but “the” in red. Your website, it has pulverized my brain meats and made them into an amorphous blob that goes squish.)

87. Hi. It was very cute! It was like mother and son! How cute is that!

88. Omfgasdfasdg says:

First time leaving a comment, just had to, holy s***, cutest thing ever :(

89. charlotte_A_Kabbatica says:

I would be proud to weave some words in my web for this fine young pig.
    *spindly legs flailing furiously* “ZOMG AWSUM PIGGEH!” *phew* FINISHED!

Fine swine wish he were mine so what if he’s not so big?

golly gee your gonna be the most famous hog in his-tor-y

zuckermans zuckermans ZUCKERMANS FAMOUS PIGGGG!!!!!!!!

90. wow, that piglet looks exactly the same as my dogs’ chew toy. The toy makes a grunty ‘oink’ when they chew on it. As you would, I guess. (Are we sure that this piglet isn’t made of rubber too?)

91. The first photo is the most. precious. thing. EVER.

*snorgles wee piggie under watchful eye of Mama Dog*

92. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! *melts* :-D

93. Ridgebacks are the BEST!!!!! I love mine, he’s the gentlelest giant in the world, but I would have had to explain to him that Mr. Piggy is a friend and not an appetizer.

94. Words fail me…eeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

95. Please do look at the House Hippo film- what a great thing!

The piggeleh came and the mommy doggeleh started lactating! Ain’t love grand!
    Fergus, how big is that big doggeleh? How big is your gentle giant? I’m just glad it is on our side!

96. Must. Stuff. In. Mouff.

This totally makes up for the whole ‘kitty-in-a-blender’ fiasco. :)

97. I squealed so loud the neighbors are calling the cops.

98. Absolutely adorable! Such tenderness… these photos could be made into posters and also put on greeting cards. People will LOVE them!

99. Aw, so sweet and adorable. Interspecies snorgling always melts my heart :)

100. OH MY GOD please let me pet him and snergle him… just for a second… HAHA! ::runs off with peeg in purse::

101. I remember the house hippo commercial. Loved it!

102. awww…love how friendly doggies can be to teeny tiny snack-size animals….we should all be so lucky….

103. oh the cute widdle piggy!

(grabs piggy, places him in shirt pocket and walks away whistling)

104. Holy shizzle. That’s all I can say, cuteness is off the scale!

105. My brother just looked over my shoulder and cooed, “oooooooh! An armadillo!”
    :D

106. The fact that it’s a wiener dog just continues the pork theme.

107. Tracy B., that’s no wiener dog — it’s a ridgeback. That’s a big dog about the size of a Lab. Yes, the piggie is really that small! Didn’t want you to miss the scale there — it’s a major cuteness factor, IMO.

108. Those Canadians are smart….thanks for sharing House Hippo. Piggy chocolate snacks all around by the way!

109. that is the strangest looking pig I have ever seen, but totally cute.

110. emmberrann says:

That Peegie is real? ZOMG! Thud. *Heddesk.*

111. Thermoregulator says:

How can you think the piggie is cute and then make reference to bacon or eating bacon??? It’s like eating a puppy or a kitten….messed up.
    **Banging head against wall in confusion/frustration** >_<

112. Rhodies are a bit bigger than labs, generally, and absolutely musclebound. They may not be mastiffs, but they’re big hunting dogs (used for hunting lions in Africa, traditionally) and look intimidating. All of which makes this even cuter.

113. i have never seen anything so cute like that baby pig! (i am serious) that piglet is so tiny i just want to hold it! That dog is probably a giant compared to that pig’s eyes.

114. ….One of the many reasons I’m a vegetarian and more than any other ‘meat’ encourage people to give up pork!! Believe it or not, that babeh piggeh will grow up to be as smart, if not smarter, than the ridgeback!! Read up on the ‘farming’ of cute little guys like this, from birth to slaughter, and you won’t touch bacon again. Need more encouragement? Just picture this cute little babeh the next time you consider ordering ribs. Peace!

115. That is adorible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

116. owwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO CUTE!!!!!!! a baby pig and a dog!

117. ow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO CUTE!!!!!!! a baby pig and a dog!

118. It looks like a baby lelephant….cute….

119. what a cute little thing *melts*

120. I hope Puppy doesn’t get swine flu from that scarry looking boar!!!

121. How can it be so cute?

122. Cute, I just wanna get him a little shirt.

123. Hey, I agree with no eating of pork too…Piggys are omnivores, like us and we are pretty close relatives in the animal kingdom. If you eat PIG you are cannibalistic. Besides after seein’ these cute pics…”HOW COULD YOU DARE EAT WEE WRINKLEY?!”

124. P.S. Hey, I’m from Canada too and the house hippo’s are really real! Believe me…I have had a house infestation before!

125. omg that is so adorable!!!!!!!!!! i luvs MuKaus and lammas and piggys!!!

126. OMG is true MuKaus are cute and cool!

127. He looks like a baby chihuahua!! Darling! What a sweet dog. Is the dog male or female? We humans can learn much from the lower species, no?

128. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!
    P.S @ S Love the vid! ;)

129. LOL I just love your site !! It’s adorable and I’m laughing silly…at work !

130. nice!

131. OMG OMG OMG!!! so cute! all my friends loved this pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

132. Dog: (nosing piglet) “What on earth did they do to your feets?”

133. I got a thing for ya all to know…
    A-DOR-A-BLE!!!!
    Bring me more, more, more!

134. Queen Of Dork says:

CO…you have really outdone yourselves this time. Piggy is kissably edible. mmmmmmmmm wrinkles! mmmmmmmmmmm……

135. that is so cute isn’t it

136. i mean that is just so cute i love it

137. That’s IT!!!! I’ve passed out three times already watching these pics.

138. a-boar-able is more like it =)

139. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LOL HOW CUTE!