Hanging On by a Shred

“Hurry up, Maggie!  If we don’t have these taped back together, we’re fired for sure!  Jeez, you just had to push the ‘shred’ button, didn’t you?”

IMG_7682

“Hey, you wanted to see how it worked.  Heck, I wanted to stay in bed this morning, but nooooyou had to drag me to workWell, I hope you’re happy!

IMG_7722

Yes, it’s the return of Maggie and Bergamot, courtesy of repeat offender Tina K.

Comments

1. Oh, Mr. Fluurgendorfer? You might want to sit down. :mrgreen:

2. If these guys were *my* coworkers I’d be slapped with a Snorgle Harassment suit so fast!
    *sigh*

3. 260Oakley says:

Classy kittehs appreciate sheets with a high shred count.

4. Von Zeppelin says:

Fortunately for the Maggie and Bergamot, there was the fine print in the Fluurgendorfer contract: “It is understood by both parties that The Corporation shall not be responsible for any misdeeds, misfeasance, malfeasance, mistakes, errors or enormities committed by any feline employees of The Corporation.”

The shredded paychecks, however, are another story.

5. *SSsssshhhhh* I’z hidin’ in da shreds…gonna pinchies kitteh ‘tocks……

6. Rainbowbaby says:

The second kitteh iz thinkin he’z a tiggr. “RAWR”

7. Look what UPS delivered! What can brown do for you?

8. @Von Zeppelin: Re “enormities.” I’m going to use that at work from now on. Not that *I* am ever at fault, but someone else might find it comes in handy.

9. Kristabelle says:

Adorable! 2nd kitty is NOT happy before coffee!!!

10. Want to snorgle Bergamot’s pink nosicle!!!

11. Von Zeppelin says:

marthava–“Enormity” is a lovely word–antique and slightly British-flavored to my ear. Since it means “an outrageous, evil, or immoral act,” it is very useful. I recommend applying it to small errors made by others for the best effect.

For example: the next time you find a piece of paperwork at your job with a tiny, inconsequential typo, I suggest you bellow, “WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ENORMITY!!??” Your coworkers will respect you for it.

12. Love their names..Bergamot, especially.

13. The enormity of it all. *sigh* *squeal* *ded*

14. “enormity” [snicker]

15. I thought Mr. Tudball was handling the Fluurgendorfer account.

16. Whatta cheap office. Doesn’t even use the expensive shredders that pulverise the paper.

They look like little kids in the ball pen at Chuck E Cheese.

17. I thought the Fluugendorfer account had been superceded by the Pensky file?

18. @VonZep – hilarious!

19. Errrr…I hope the Fluugendorfer or the Pensky files can withstand a little litter box treatment…

20. Uh, make that Fluurgendorfer. :roll:

21. “Theo 08.25.09 at 7:53 am
    “enormity” [snicker]
    One or two of you might already know the link I’m tempted to re-post, right now.”

(eyes widening in fear) Noooo! Don’t do eet!
    It’s only Toesday, I don’t think my ears can take it. Or my eyes, or my brain. :shock:

22. @Theo – I double dawg dare ya–post away!!

23. Leslie (NTA) says:

While I’m intrigued w/ Theo’s “offer”/ (threat???)…. (& BTW, did you all look for the Hovertexts on ea. graphic?? the Hovertext about hardworking, poor Theo ….was my fave hovertext part)
    also gotta say, for me at the moment, Theresa’s (sp?) post is the one that got the MOST LOL’s outta me …….
    AND yeah, I think Meg et all have come up w/ a calendar version that is tempting enuff that I prob. *WILL* put out some cash this year (page/day/ wall, in case anyone is keeping a running tab on which appeals to the most peeps).
    That is all (for MY 2 cents, ennyway). Back to cutesy things & critters !!!

[Oh I can't take credit for Mike's creativity here... - Ed.]

24. AuntieMame says:

Since I have no idea what link Theo is talking about, now he *has* to post it.

25. Tell you what… I’ll post a link to the link. Because it’s just that enormous.

26. *snerk* Oh no he di’int! :lol:

27. Noelle (the First) says:

Oh yes he did!

This is just like the day I’m having…only no kitties :(

28. those are 2 cute cats…and having loads of fun too!

29. OMG Theo! :o
    That is HI-larious!!!!!!!!!!

30. Oh silly Theo…

31. Leslie (NTA) says:

@ Noelle the first: I like and I WANT the horsie in your avatar !!!
    Meantime, I’m glad that YOU get to have his/ her face in yer computerized life…

32. I tried to warn you guys, but didja listen? Noooo. :-D :lol:

33. Oh THEO !
    The enormous amount of fun I’m going to have with ….that !!!
    ( are my horns showing ?)

34. I’m thinking more “Lucy and Ethel”!

35. 260Oakley says:

Thanks for the link, Theo. Now I have to banish the word “enormous” from my vocabulary because I can’t even think about it without giggling like a middle-schooler in study hall.

[Yep. It's a humdinger, that is. - Ed.]

36. Thank goodness for wall calendars!! I don’t have room for a desk calendar. Yippee, now I’ll buy one!!

37. @Theo: ROTFLMAO! I had not seen/heard that before. I had a cat in my lap while listening, and after spitting my beverage out my nose he decided to lay somewhere else. Brilliant! The harmonies were amazing…

Oh, and how long did it take Maggie and Bergamot to get shreddings all over the house? In my house it would be 5 min tops… :-)

38. AuntieMame says:

Hmph, it’s an audio file, so I’ll have to wait until I get home to listen to it.

39. Von Zeppelin says:

Gracias, Theo. Tu eres muy macho, hombre.

40. victoreia says:

*snerk* Teho, that should come with a huge, flashing “NSFW” warning! (Please note the instinctive avoidance of the “e” word….)

41. victoreia says:

Oy vey, what an ear-worm……

42. Bergamot is an awesome name, Maggie too :)

This is my girl in shredded paper: perhaps she’s the intern that hasn’t had her coffee yet: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarahmcgill/3604659103/

43. “…size doesn’t matter!” :lol:

44. GIGGLE :lol: Those two kitties, Maggie and Bergamot, look like they are having fun rolling in the shredded paper :lol:

45. Leslie (NTA) says:

@ Theo : As clarification — my # 24 above re poor, hardworking …I had just looked at the Calendar selections & then these working kitties & in my poor inadequate mind, I thought I was posting this comment under the calendars entries; & on one of the calendar entries, the Hovertext says something like “Theo worked really hard on this; you should buy calendars for that reason alone”….so that’s why my statement seems cross-eyed.
    Hokay? Hokay !!! Have a good whatever (morning/ margarita/ evening…) !!!

[That's the "IT'S CALENDAR TIME" post, not this one. - Ed.]

46. Sarah – your Chi is adorable! As are Maggie and Bergamot!
    (I just googled bergamot to see how to pronounce it and what it meant. CO is such an educational site!)

47. I just assumed these were former Enron employees.

48. oh he’s play find the needle in the sheds

49. Bergamot – EXcellent cat name! But does it get shortened to Berg, or Bergie? And wouldn’t the other cat’s name have to be Earl Grey?? (Not a fan, myself, too perfum-y, not to mention that nothing MY cats ever produced smelled like that!)

[Actually, kitty prefers Cheezbergamot, or at least that's what I heard - Ed.]