The Fool. He Suspects Nothing.

Just look at him.  The genial, glad-handing imbecile.  At the bed with the paper every morning, by the door with the slippers every night.  Even now, the little toady waits at his usual place, on top of the large “X” conveniently drawn on the sidewalk.  Yessss, keep waiting… That’s a good boy…

puppybomb2

From a collection of cute photobombs, since we’re on the subject (some NSFW)

Comments

1. Unsuspecting Puppy PAwn Controlled by evil genius cat!

2. Kristabelle says:

I believe that cat’s face is the definition of “glowering”. Wow.

3. mervtheflamingo says:

Photobomb!!!

4. Von Zeppelin says:

“Even now, the little toady waits at his usual place, on top of the large “X” conveniently drawn on the sidewalk.” (Cat saws through rope holding up Acme 10,000 Lb. Weight)

5. Cat thought bubble:::: Stupid slobbering hound… tents kitty paws and laffs evilly.. soon I shall bring about your DOOM.. Then I will have every thing… Everything.. Laffs evilly again.:::::

6. This is just screaming or an “impending doom” tag, dontcha think?!

7. Ooops. Never mind, I see the tag now. (sorry!)

8. skippymom says:

That is the weirdest-looking dog face I’ve ever seen. I don’t even want to think about the amounts of slobber I’ll bet he’s capable of producing. He looks sweet, though. Love his little piggie eyes.
    That you can’t see the cat’s pupils adds a special quality to his evilness.

9. BeckyMonster says:

This photo, and the absolutely dead on cat translation, fills my black and shriveled heart with joy.

10. Approaching the Sherman tank fully exposed at 3 feet and closing…

11. 2nd photobomb in a week!!! What could we have done to be so lucky?!?!? lol

12. The disdain on that cat’s face says it all. Meanwhile, that dog is smiling like a vacation pater at Times Square.

13. i LOVE this. omg.

14. Marc McDonald says:

“Do you expect me to talk?”

“No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!”

15. awesome. this is a great picture and fantastic caption. thanks!

16. Christabel says:

Oh boy. Lookout doggie!

17. @SkippyMom, it’s a Dogue de Bordeaux, and they are lovely dogs. My neighbor has one who greets me so sweetly every morning as I pass by his house. He brings out his toys to show me. :D The sweetness on this one’s face pretty much says it all.

18. Genius, pure genius! NTMTOM has channelled the cat’s thoughts.

19. skippymom says:

We see here a cat who is cruel,
    And a dog who’s an innocent fool.
    What’ll happen, you say, when the cat has its way?
    There will likely be gallons of drool.

20. Von Zeppelin says:

Theresa, when I saw your reference to “Dogue de Bordeaux,” I thought it sounded like an Inspector Clouseauism for some sort of wine-swilling pooch. A quick consultation of a French dictionary reveals that there really is such a creature, also called a Bordeaux or French Mastiff. Now–is that a Chat de Bordeaux?

21. it’s a very cute picture but is it photoshopped? i m not sure as the photo quality is not good enough. just my thought.

22. sorry i meant the suspected part was not the cat.

23. skippymom says:

Theresa, I’d never heard of a Dogue de Bordeaux. I looked it up, and my, what beautiful animals they are. It’s good they are so sweet–they look powerful enough to knock a person over if one of them were to say “hello” a little too exuberantly.

24. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

@littleoslo: I had to enlarge it and sharpen it to fit this column, and that may be the cause of the poor quality you noticed. But I don’t know one way or the other if this shot is the result of photo editing. I’d like to think that it was just a lucky shot.

25. Von Zeppelin- NO, that is a Zeller Swartzcatz. Silly man.

26. 260Oakley says:

To go with the nice Dogue de Bordeaux we have a Chat de Champagne, sans bubbly personality.

27. BeckyMonster says:

The cat is a Manx McNastypants

28. NTMTOM: best translation ever!

29. That was the best laugh I’ve had in days. Thanks NTMTOM.

30. SEE? See what I mean? You guys TOTALLY need to do a children’s book with these cute and FUNNy pictures and your brilliant captions! That’d be SUCH a big hit!

31. What a beautiful smile on the Bordeaux! Great dogs, they always have one of two look to them, they look to be completely snubbing you or they look ecstatically happy!

32. Dreamspinner Cheryl says:

Skippymom for the win…….

33. I see an impending episode of what we in my household refer to as GCB or gratuitous cat badness. It’s all around.

34. @Kelsey: I second your book idea–put me down for a dozen copies! This post would definitely make the cut.

35. It’s a Hooch dog! (“Turner and Hooch”) What a happy mug!

36. This picture cracked me up! And the caption story is hilarious! Must share with my friends. By the way, I came across Cute Overload 2010 desk calendar in the store today. You’re making it very difficult to resist.

37. @Pheas, around here it is known as the BCT, or Bastard Cat Trick.

38. OMG I literally laughed out loud! Thank you NOMTOM! And I’m loathe to confess the cat looks just like my Sunny, but she usually doesn’t look that evil (unless of course she is being refused kitty treats since she’s begging for the sixth time in less than an hour!).

39. Those spectacular eyebrow swirls on that puppy remind me of cinnamon rolls…

40. That definitely sounds like what a cat would say, those evil – albeit cute – little creatures.

41. Absolutely 100% pure AWESOMENESS.

42. Between the photo and comments here, and the cute photobombs webpage, I’m crying with laughter. Folks, you need to visit that page NOMTOM linked–you’ll thank me/him later.

43. Oh no. The cat does look extremely devious, and dog extremely guileless!

44. Pooteymom says:

“little toady”… heeheeheehee

45. Man, that cat is just missing a thin mustache to twirl in his paws.

46. binkymama says:

Kitteh prepares to plant “Kick Me” sign on back of doggie.

*snicker*

47. :twisted: Kitty is planning to do a Kitty Buzzsaw on unsuspecting dog :twisted:

48. victoreia says:

Roadrunner and Wiley E. Coyote, re-imaged……..

49. by far best captioning…. ever. EVER.

50. @skippymom #19 funny poem!

51. His head is so perfectly spherical. He looks like nothing could ruin his happy mood- even getting jumped. :) Adorable!!

52. Ignorance is bliss! LOL

53. That made me laugh so hard. Thank you.

54. those faces are priceless

55. This picture is too cute and funny…why can’t I stop giggling at 2am in the morning!

56. I cannot stop laughing! The photo itself killed me and then the caption again! Hilarious! Pure cat contempt!
    (plus I can easily see my own tabby in the cat’s place! The face! Oh yes, pure contempt!)

57. just been thinking..what happened to Theo??

58. @Theresa, love it! I think BCT could safely be categorized as a devious subset of GCB. We have two sweet kitties and one minion of Satan, a.k.a. Stripey Demon. All three have been known to engage in GCB, but I think the BCT is strictly a Stripey Demon move.

59. Boris Badanov peeks from behind the tree…

60. This isn’t just A cat and A dog, this is Eternal, Archetypical Everycat and Everydog.

61. Those spectacular eyebrow swirls on that puppy remind me of cinnamon rolls…

Omigosh, Nikki, they DO look like cinnamon rolls! If this was my dog and I was his person, I would name him Cinnamon.

62. Leslie (NTA) says:

Katrina — YAY !!! Rocky/ Bullwinkle connection !

63. The kitty looks like part of wallpaper.

[Naturally. Cats are ninjas. It’s genetic. – Ed.]

64. ROFL! That cat is so right on. Such perfected cat-ness. Made me laugh but not as much as the genius caption did!

65. Catsquatch says:

AGAIN with the crazy captioning that makes me fall outta my chair and roll on the floor in tear streaming laughter!!!!!

It was PERFECT for that photo!!!!

omg…..

66. This poor dog has no chance, no chance at all!

67. Plaid-shirt Pyrate says:

For some reason, the cat sounds exactly like Stewie from Family Guy. Or at least, that is the voice I hear when I read NTMTOM’s excellent translation.

68. dead dog walking

69. Since the beginning of time cats have felt superior to canines. This one is clearly planning some sort of revenge.

70. WAH HA HA HA! wait till he sees what I left for him in his supper bowl……

71. Chauvinist says:

I’m mostly color blind, and the cat kind of blends into background, and I totally didn’t see him. That’s why the text didn’t make much sense at first, till my wife pointed out the puss!!!

72. That dog has the most perfectly rococo face I’ve ever seen. It’s like an old woodcarving, all full of swirls and cutouts.

73. I wanna cuddle this pup so bad… Don’t worry, you big dummy, I’ll protect you from the mean kitty!

74. gosh..
    the cat looked so tense
    pelase help him ^^

75. SusaninMI says:

I can’t stop laughing at this pic and caption . . . if the cat was a siamese, this would be the live version of Bucky and Satchel from the Get Fuzzy comix . . .

76. “Genial, glad-handing imbecile” is utterly brilliant. :)

77. ellie the one and only says:

The poor dog….. wont know what hit him