GusGus wants to try Life.

GusGus tries professional modeling. Does not like.

6560_141533147891_581692891_3321422_7226735_n

GusGus tries truck driving. Does not like.

IMG_4175

GusGus tries vegetarianism. Does NOT like.

IMG_4266

GusGus gets advice from nice Grandpa Truck Driver Dog Chester.

IMG_4200

GusGus is happy to be a puppy for now.

IMG_4256

GusGus and Chester photographed and captioned by sisters Carol and Leah S.

Comments

1. [Iggy and the Stooges play in the background]

2. GusGus likes to SPROIIIIIIING best of all! :D

3. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

NTMTOM reads clever caption. Likes. :-)

4. pyrit love this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gussy-yummy goodness, pyrit all gushy for GusGus!

Lessee now, that’s Winston, Melvin, and now GusGus.

Sigh.

5. skippymom says:

The little feets dangling from the steering wheel! I feel faint!

6. oh, gus gus. don’t grow up too fast.

7. Perhaps GusGus should come and live with BergBerg…

8. kibblenibble says:

Kibblenibble notes nommable ears. Likes.

*nomnomnom*

9. AuntieMame says:

MameMame thinks GusGus is the bestbest puppeh namename ever.

(And I can just hear what Grandpa Chester is saying…”Back in my day, boy, we had to trucks didn’t have steerin’ wheels. We had to turn the trucks with our feet! Which were bare because we only had one pair o’ shoes between the twelve of us. You kids don’t know how easy you’ve got it these days!”)

10. I LOVE GUS GUS!!!!!!!

(And of course Chester, too. But I feel very vocal about how much I LOVE GUS GUS!)

11. Mary (the first) says:

I love GusGus and the brown arm band on his left arm. I wonder what that means?

12. GusGus Sweetie-face

13. 260Oakley says:

The pup so nice they named him twice!

14. Just be, little GusGus.

15. d’awww what a cutie pie

16. Gus Gus Lurkensproinging ;)

17. Mary the first… i think it is just his coloring … he has brown fur there.

18. Von Zeppelin says:

Mary (the first), I am no expert on dog breeds or coloration, but I believe Gus Gus is a blue heeler, who, despite their name, seem to have every possible kind of dog marking. Either that, or the sleeve of his tan undershirt is showing.

Chester, by the way, seems to have the same stylist grooming his facial hair as I do.

19. GusGus is a puppy for now. he can decide what to do when he grows up

20. janet2buns says:

Mary the first, I understand that some truck drivers/delivery people get a lot more tanned on their left arm than their right, since that’s the arm closest to the window. Maybe Gusgus has more experience as a truck driver than he’s admitting to.

21. I like the multi-color toes!

22. I just adopted a 10 month old cockatiel and guess what? His name is GusGus! I love GusGuses!

23. oh can’t we learn a lot from little GusGus !!!

24. 5^^now8ing says:

vonZ: same facial hair stylist – LOL!

25. Ooooooooh, I loves me a hound dog! Even if they DO always look worried.

26. victoreia says:

Is it just me, or is the formatting for the site messed up now?

[It's just that one Twitter blurb where the URL shrinker didn't work. - Ed.]

27. P.Erasmus says:

Look at those huge-mongous BIG TOES in the last picture!!!

YABADABA DOO!????

28. snoopysnake says:

GusGus looks very Snoopy-like from top view!

snoopysnake likes!

()”o )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))):-<

29. AuntMameMame….don’t forget that it was uphill BothBoth ways, and knee deep in SnowSnow!

30. victoreia says:

Okay, it looks normal now! (wiping brow) Thank goodness!

31. I’m so charmed by his little face, on the steering wheel. What a sweetheart.

32. DanBenZvi says:

And mama used to bark…
    Take your time, young pup…
    And mama used to bark…
    Don’t you rush to get old…

33. WEEEEEEEEENIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

34. GusGus has access to his very own trucker oracle. :O

35. kawaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

36. Is it just me, or is that 4th photo not the same dog?

37. That’s Grandpa Truck Driver Dog Chester

38. @ Mary (the first) — The armband is truly fab, but I really love the “Gorbachev’s birthmark” pattern on his sweet little spine. So chic!!

@ doxnsox — That’s what I thought, too! Weenies rule!!!

39. when i saw chester, i went ZOMG! he’s identical to a dog at my daycare….it’s too funny

40. Disapproving Puppy!

41. catloveschanel says:

This is exactly how I feel about broccoli, and I’m not exactly a kitten anymore.
    PTOEEY!

42. Okay so when you mix a hound with a queensland heeler you get a very confused dog he will be all trying to Hurd his family and howl at the same time HEhehehe

43. I LOVE Chester! He is my kind of dog!

44. Methinks GusGus’s owners are music fans.

45. Von Z- I’m sorry, I’m not seein’ David Niven in Chester, but ok, if you say so….
    Beautiful Puppup.

46. kibblenibble is right! GusGus’ ears (and also paws) need to be nommed PRONTO!!!

I would not mind seeing an extreme paw closeup from the first pic. Adoooorable.

47. GusGus excels at being a puppy and a cute one, at that! He has found his niche! (Chester is pretty darned adorable, too! )

48. Wasn’t GusGus the name of the chubby mouse from Cinderella?

49. Von Zeppelin says:

Katrina, I try to keep the mustache to David Niven-ish proportions, mainly because it gets full of soup otherwise. The beard, alas, is more like Gabby Hayes, with a touch of Martin van Buren in the side whiskers. I keep trying for the smooth, neat Sean-Connery-in-Hunt-for-Red-October look, but it eludes me.

Come to think of it, my eyebrows are getting to look more and more like Chester’s.

50. Sean Connereeeeee?! Where?! (360 headspins)

51. Does GUS GUS like to go fishing? He a beautiful puppy.

Grandpa Truck Driver Dog Chester is so cute too!

52. Thanks everyone!! These are my puppies!! Despite his shaggy appearance, Chester is a purebred dachshund, we luvs him soooo much! And little GusGus…well don’t tell him, but he was an accident. The papers say Pekingese/Dachshund mix….but we think there may be some Basset Hound business going on…lol. But anyways, my family of EIGHT luv him too now!! Chester is slowly becoming used to the fact that he’s not an only child anymore, and warming gruffly to little GusGus. Sort of like that movie Gran Torino, without the guns. :)

53. P.S. Yes, the name GusGus came to mind with the little chubby mouse from Cinderella. “Duh, huppy birtday!!”

54. @snoopysnake Yeah, I was wondering if there was a beagle in the woodpile somewhere in GusGus’s ancestry

55. i love that last shot, lol!

56. Leslie (NTA) says:

Helpful Hannah further embroiders sugges. from Laura (#41) above: possible addition of Tag “disa POINTED”????

She also sez to Pyrit: “Now, dear, settle down. If he IS nearby, he *might* be SLIGHTLY offput, by someone whose head is SPINNING 360 degrees & NOT wish to make your acquaintance under those circumstances.
    Don’t you wish to IMPRESS Mr. Connery, with your suave & collected demeanor, dear????”

Signed,
    Fan of Cuteness

57. Kristabelle says:

Cinderellly, Cinderelly, night and day it’s Cinderelly…

GusGus is adorable!!!

58. Cute set! But then again, that IS what they do here.
    I would LOVE to get a child’s story book with CO style captioned pictures of cute animals for my son.

CO Lords and Ladies, do you have anything like that in the works? That’d be a REAL hit in the market- I’d buy four, one for my son, one for my neice, one for my 2nd cousin, and one for MOI.

Thiiiiiink about it. ;)

59. Von Zeppelin says:

Carol, thanks for sharing your doggies with the world. My guess at blue heeler ancestry for GusGus was wrong, I see. Still, if his family tree is a little uncertain, I wonder if there might be a heeler branch. Those gray mottled patches on back, tail and snout look heelerish to me.

60. WOW I never would have guessed that combination from seeing him in the picture I would say heeler/beagle.. and never would have guessed dash hound but it is hard to judge size in a picture..

61. Oh, geez, Von Z., all you had to do was allude to Sean Connery and now you are perfect. Pant, pant….
    Helpful hint: eat all the stuff from the soup and then lift it to your lips…..my mustache hardly gets anything on it any more since I started doing that.

This Gusgus is parts what now?

62. Love your adorable site! Betty

63. stuck@work says:

Super love the last pic. My crazy girl makes the exact same face when I come home with the exact same jump. And then she howls at me for being gone all day.

64. GusGus and Chester and very suiting names for these doggies.

Poor Chester, not the only pup anymore. I know what that’s like, dude. Now come over here so I can cuddle your face off.

65. I know how the humans feel. My Lab always, constantly looks disappointed and sad. He’s not even got Basset Hound in him! In fact, my old BH NEVER looked as depressed as he does half the time! Be warned folks, GusGus is gonna be a heart breaker!

66. If the Poky Little Puppy came to life, I think he would look like Gus Gus!

67. “Grandpa Chester yammering noises” LOL! I’m a lover of the hover! ;-D