Oh, Go Fly A Kite!

With the waning of August and the approach of cooler fall breezes, the time is right to fly a kite!  Whether you prefer the swoops and dives of “stunt” kites, or the peaceful, serene floating of the classic box kite, you’ll find kite flying to be a relaxing way to spend quality time with family and friends.

It’s a good idea, however, to weigh more than six pounds.

image012

Last sighted over Boise by Maria N.

Comments

1. I wanna poke all those dots on that belly!

2. Wow This kitties “Kite” is carrying him away. Hold on tight Kitty!

3. NOMTOM is definitely not just another pretty phrase.

4. catloveschanel says:

Rut-RO! Love the panic expression. Cat’s aren’t allowed to be photographed that way. The cat will have to sit down immediately, preen and say, “I meant to do that”. .

5. kibblenibble says:

catloveschanel, I agree. It is for precisely that reason that I try to choke back my laughter when one of my kitties does something “less than dignified.”

6. catloveschanel says:

7. That expression is priceless! Every time I try to photograph my cat in one of her sillier moments I’m just too slow with the camera and I get her looking all nice and dignified again.

8. Belly Spots.
    [connects the dots]

9. OoO
    Hahahaha.. Kitty’s face is great!!
    “Batten the hatches jeeves! We’re picking up a breeze.. and a kitty??”

10. LMAO

11. Kittytoes says:

Ha Ha! Best entry in a long while. Look at that face!

12. This *has* to be a bengal, right?

13. Leslie (NTA) says:

Later, when the Certified Computer Forensics Team analyzed the remaining evidence, they came to the following conclusion:
    One average workday, in the middle of the afternoon, fully 1/3 of the Proud Workers in this Proud Nation burst out into uncontrollable, high-pitched, hysterical laughter & were unable to do any productive work whatever. Another third of the employees rushed over to try to revive the hysterical ones. The remaining third of the employees stood by the water cooler & said “Harumph”.

The Forensics Team released the following analysis: “We have determined that the damage was caused by an image released on the Internet, by someone named Meg & her nefarious cohorts. We are still attempting to determine, whether this undermining of our work productivity levels, was associated with any sabotage plans by Osama Bin Laden”

(PS; literally wickedly hysterical hovertext, AND used the Impending Doom Tag, NTMTOM !!!!!! I calls that three strikes, & hit it out of the PARK, CO !!! And I don’t even know the rules of BASEBALL !!!!!)

14. Looks an awful lot like my little female snow Bengal – right down the flying part LOL.

15. victoreia says:

@Leslie (NTA): almost worthy of NTMTOM himself!

Harumph, indeed…..”Give the governor a HARUMPH!”

16. Camivette says:

That kitteh looks ascared.

17. skippymom says:

You guys are torturing us today! First a cute pig swimming in incredibly beautiful water (OK, I guess that was from yesterday). Now this kitty with a belly so spotty and squishy and snorglable I am slobbering all over my screen. It is torture, I tell you! (And yes, I AM forced against my will to look at this site.)

18. NTMTOM and Leslie, you should team up. AWESOME!!

19. Leslie (NTA) says:

(“D’awwww…..”) [blush].
    (kicks rock to divert attenshun, while grinning ridiculously).

[I am unable to confirm or deny any accusations that NTMOM also blushed when reading the reviews. Thank you].

20. BeckyMonster says:

If you connect the dots on the belleh, it probably says “HALP!

21. And I thought the butt-biting kitty face was funny..!

22. i like that red comforter. really pretty.

23. What BB/VA said. The picture is great, the caption priceless and the comment by Leslie? Just brilliant.

24. Mary (the first) says:

I know there is creative spelling on this site, but “kite” is an almost too shortened term for “kitteh”..confusing. Or it would be if I didn’t see the evidence of the flying “kitteh” .. er.. “kite”…

25. Oh my God, that was hilarious! That poor kitty’s FACE! I’m gonna play Forward Fariy today and this is going to EVERYBODY! :D

26. Everybody now, “Let’s Go Fly A Kite” from the top! :twisted:

27. SPOTTEH BELLEH!!

28. Mary Poppins would never lose her sh*t like this.

29. Laughing. Really, really hard. Like, to the point of tears. Tnak you CO, thank you!

30. Apparently it didn’t go the way the kitty planned. Hysterical.

31. That face is funny beyond words! I really, really needed that little bit of silliness. Muchas gracias, CO and NTMTOM!

32. Yannooo, (“pendulous sigh”), “Let’s Go Fly A Kite” is not the first song that comes to mind when *I’m* being air lifted prior to my consent. I’m hearing Vagner, man, Vagner.

33. I wanna scratch the little dots on the belly !

34. this picture makes me sad. kitty looks so scared!

35. I See you like to have fun with your cat too And They Like The freak Things That For Fun to do with me Like swing my curtains like on a trappees that what my cats do the too of them. but the face on your cat priceless thank you it.

36. Pyrit:
    What is the question to the answer “9W”?

“Is your name spelled with a ‘V,’ Herr Wagner?”

37. Yup, I’ve had days like that.

38. So cute! I live in Boise, I do believe I saw kitty and kite headed West towards Ontario!

I love it when pictures just happen at the right time to catch a facial expression, this one is so great I’m having a hard time not lol’ing at my desk.

39. Here comes Tarzaaaaaaaann…..

40. Kitty is thinking ‘OMIGOSH!!’ I have never seen a look like that before. Almost looks photoshopped! Don’t worry kitty! We’ll catch you!

41. Plump, rotund, spotted kitty belly is the best kind of belly.

42. Ground control to Major Tomcat…

43. Toonces, look out!

Psst! Ed., is it possible to make this link in the Twitter feed (left-hand column) into a tiny URL: http://cuteoverload.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/imag00291.jpg. It’s impinging on my cute!

44. Argh!
    @Lizzy and BeckyMonster and Kar: Yer killin’ me wi’ yer comments!
    *falls off chair laughing* :-D

45. 5^^now8ing says:

Theresa: Interlanguage pun! My fave! Perchance you likes this one: What comes between fear and sex? Fünf! (counting in German: eins, zwei, drei, vier, fünf, sechs….)

Love – love -love the spotted belleh!

46. OMG, I can’t stop laughing! Poor Kitty!

47. 5^^now8ing says:

Mel – wait – Boise-to-Ontario west? Or are you talking about a different Boise and a different Ontario?

48. OMG. The face on this little kitty is HILARIOUS!! I love this post.

49. My grown cats are teaching the 4-month-old all about cat coolness, but sometimes she still gets that look on her face when she tries to make a leap and fails.

50. AuntieMame says:

49 5^^now8ing, your [i]other[/i] west.

51. AuntieMame says:

Pooh, code didn’t work…

(And since when did TWO comments in a row constitute posting too quickly???)

[Since WordPress. That's also why your code didn't work; WP accepts HTML, but not BBcode. So in this case, angle brackets instead of square ones. - Ed.]

52. You’re on a roll CO! Peegie with bonnet, butt biters, and now airborne kitty with priceless sprawl and expression. Thank you. I’ve been laughing for two days.

53. wannadance says:

my first impulse was to dig a hole in monitor, wiggle through and rescue this SCAIRT kitteh…then i got to the ‘boise’ part and thought thaat was funny.

never saw myself as a nuffer but that kitteh’s face makes me anxious for his mental health..poor lil baby…

boise…my ass!!!

54. GIGGLE :D Quick :D Someone save that poor kitty :D Better yet :twisted: I will SAVE kitty :twisted:

55. LMAO – oh, I’m sorry that I’m laughing really hard at your expense, you poor kitty! This is a priceless shot, though. Poor baby! I hope he/she at least had a fun ride!

56. Would you like to flyyyyyyyyyy
    in my beautiful baloooooooon………

57. Q.
    Pussy cat, Pussy cat, Where have you been………?

A.
    I don’t know….it was all a blur !!!

58. looks like it’s weilding a lightsaber :D

obviously a padawan….

59. Hehe–funniest cat face ever! Yes, cats do occasionally lose their cool. Like when one of mine * thinks* the sliding door is open and jumps to cling to the screen door like a spider monkey and ends up kind of bouncing off the glass in a very undignified way. Then the other cat looks at her with a “What a dumb-ass” expression.

60. Andi from NC says:

OHHH the “CATMANITY”!!!!!

You just know that right before this happened he had been drinking beers and then said, “Hey dude, watch this!!!….Oh S###!!!”

61. Sometimes when you take a picture you capture magic. This is one of those times.

62. Theresa – “9W” LOL!
    I knew mentioning a famous composer would bring out the music peeps here!

63. Crivens-oh, waily, waily!

64. Tarzan has accidents too….AAAAAAAAAA

65. Babs Litella says:

What’s all this fuss I hear about flying kits? Why, kittens are sweet, adorable animals, and I think this practice of tying them to a string and sending them flying through the air just to have some “quality family time” is atrocious! Every spring hordes of youngsters go to the park to fly kits, and it’s just terrible. All that meowing makes a terrible racket! And some of them get stuck in trees and power lines… What? … Oh.

Never mind.

66. HALPPPPPPPPPPPP! LOL!!!!

That expression is the BEST!

67. @Ann: Actually, I’m more reminded of “George of the Jungle”. Watch out for that tree!

68. [playing kettle drums for Mare and Ann, a catchy syncopated beat]

69. You made my day!

70. Brilliant kitteh, brilliant photo. I <3 that the bed is unmade.

71. This should be in the dictionary next to the definition of “dismay.”

72. Ocelot Belly!!!!

73. Way too adorable! It’s practically screaming “Yelp me!”

74. 5^^now8ing, I meant the other Ontario, as in Oregon. I forgot there was one in Canada. I should have just said Oregon :P

75. LOL
    Oh look, cute dots on the belly.

76. Kristabelle says:

Hilarious! Poor kitty! YIKES!

77. AuntieMame says:

You mean like this?

/I don’t know my html from my bbc from my abc from my pdq…

//Where did that 49 come from???

///And why am I slashing? I haven’t been on Fark in ages!!1!

78. AuntieMame says:

D’oh! Still didn’t work! I closed my brackets! I think!

79. Aww! I have my very own spotted-belly baby. I am so lucky!

80. I love the picture, but I WANT that comforter set…

(What? I do!)

81. Elizabeth Haggis says:

I have the same bedding. It’s from Ikea. Just sayin’. Love kitteh’s spotty belleh.

82. @Mare: lol….He has it under control he lands perfectly on the pillow. Dont worry ladies.

Its great when they are good lookin and clumsy. Started out like a good idea!

83. Maybe the Vine is slowly ripping at the top….

84. I have that comforter! It’s from IKEA. :)

85. I haven’t been kite flying in decades, but I’m still pretty sure it is done outside. Could this kitteh be attached to a ceiling fan? Oh, the shame, father, the shame….

Central Connecticut has beautiful weather, now, anyway! But it deserves documentation.

86. Leslie (NTA) says:

@
    AuntieMame:
    (I know EXACTLY how you feel)

“There, there, dear; don’t worry your purty leedle hay-ud….S’ok !! We still think you’re brilliant !!”

87. ahhhhhhhh that is so funny

it is do cool how u got the eyes

88. ellie the one and only says:

cat: I dont think i like bungee jumpinnnnggggggggggg