C.O. Summer Vacation Travel Tips!

No visit to scenic Yellowstone National Park is complete without a stop at the “Old Floof-ful” geyser, so nicknamed because it erupts like clockwork every six hours, which coincidentally is also when Old Floof-ful gets out for meals and walkies.

Let's just say that my tummy ain't the only thing rumbling around here.

Uh, better stand back, Carmen G.

Comments

1. trumanrabbit says:

My mud-splatter analysis revealed some enlightening forensic evidence: this pup is for sure qte.

2. I SEE YEW THERE FLOOFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Kristabelle says:

You dirty dog! :lol:

4. He looks ready to blow!

5. apotheosis says:

He looks ready to blow!

Um…the wall suggests he already did.

6. Jimbeaux says:

He actually looks kinda guilty, in that whole “I won’t look directly at you, and therefore I can’t be in trouble!” Sort-of way.

7. As a friend of mine said about her Westie: “He doesn’t know he’s white.”

8. Labramama says:

Qteness quotient off the scale. Oh, to scritch scritch that floofy baby.

9. PS Another NTMTOM triumph!

10. Oh my, bath time! I posted about Yellowstone too recently but minus the furry friend!

11. Looks like s/he dug up the ancient stone tablet of Con-Crete-Rah.

12. Yellowstone has changed a bit since I was there. Huh.

13. We had a Yorkie that didn’t know she was a DOG, let alone what color she was. She was just the furry kid that didn’t talk much.

14. Von Zeppelin says:

The excavation makes me think of my dachsobeagle Sam. His mole hunting turned our back yard into a scale model of the Western Front in 1917. He did catch ‘em occasionally though. Then proudly tracked dirt into the house to deposit a half-dead mole in the middle of the living room.

15. One Eyed Daruma says:

What?!?!?!? These paws were MADE for the diggingks.

16. And that’s just what they’ll do.

17. Hole? What hole? I see no hole.
    What is this hole of which you keep yammering about?
    Can’t you see I’m trying to nap on my new, um bed? Yes!
    That’s what it is a, heh, Earth Friendly Doggie Bed.
    Made entirely of recycled materials. I’m being very eco conscious.

18. homer mariner says:

It turned inside out… and exploded…

19. I yam the Digger in Disgeyser

20. Akshally, this could be mutually beneficial, Mr., uh, Floof-ful. I’m going fishing and am in need o’ worms.

21. I need to call my travel agent! What a scenic spot!

22. One a these days these paws are gonna walk(ies) all over you,
    digga-doo, digga-doo, digga-doo, digga-doo, digga-doo digga-doo digga doo digga doo diggaa doooooo. Ready feet? Start walkin’!

23. @Pyrit, you are EN FUEGO today!

24. @Katrina, digga-doo to you, too! Boop-boop-ba-doo!

25. Argyle Donkeypants says:

You guys got it all wrong! They were planting a garden, and helpful pup decided he wanted to help furtilize it.

26. PPS This pup is very cute, isn’t he? The white floof, the ear-flop, the button eyes?

27. Samantha says:

What kind of dog is this? It looks kind of like a Pom but I can’t quite tell.
    Regardless of what it looks like, if it’s a Pom it’s 10x cuter in my eyes.

28. Digger for hire you need some diggin Im the Dogg!

29. Old Floof-ful = Most accurate name ever. Just look at the fluff on that guy.

(And I’d give in to the cuteness in a second. You keep diggin’ all you want.)

30. I’d love to see this adorable geyser explode (or, at least stand up, so I can see Old Flooful in all his glory)!

31. @Samantha, it looks like a sheltie, but I haven’t seen many with that white and peach coloring. The pup is lovely.

32. skippymom says:

There once was a pup named Old Floof-ful
    Who dug in the dirt, to be truthful.
    The dirt flew around and splattered the hound,
    And gave little Floof-ful a snootful.

33. @Metz: Cute comment!

34. Skippymom- Niiiiiiiiiice!

Theresa- the CCCCYOrchestra has a new 12-month a year home! WHOOPY DOOOOO-dee doo!

35. skippymom says:

Thanks, Katrina. And to you and the orchestra: Whoopy once, whoopy twice, whoopy CHICKEN SOUP WITH RICE!!!

36. I’ve been in Colorado since Caturday. We had to take my youngest stepson to live with his mom while he goes to college in Denver. We took a long (5 day) weekend and made a mini-vacation of it. We went to the top of Pikes Peak, went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado Springs, and in general had a delightful time, including visiting a wonderful little store in Manitou Springs called Gigi’s, which sells stuff for pets and people who love animals (I bought a Laurel Burch T-shirt). Anyway, I missed my own critters terribly, although every time I go to Colorado (I almost typed ‘CO’ but then went “Hee!” at the coincidence of where I’m posting this), I want to move there. Gorgeous weather. Yeah, I know, snow. I’ll trade snow for three months of 100+ degree temps any ol’ day. And I missed CuteOverload! Although I did get quite a bit of Teh Qte at the zoo (many pictures of wallabies).

37. P.S. Upon our arrival back home, the dogs were ecstatic, and most of the cats equally so, except Philo, who exquisitely ignored me until I got out a can of gooshyfood.

38. skippymom for the win! LOL!

39. Welcome back, Noelegy! I hope your step son does well in his schooling. Killer’s smaller bigger brother goes next August. We’re hoping to Washington, DC. Film at 11.

40. I think it’s an American Eskimo puppy. =)

41. Thanks, Katrina! He’s going to culinary school. Not that he ever made dinner for us, understand…

42. Noelegy,
    Killer’s bigger bigger brother was just on the cusp of going to culinary school and then opted for UCONN, where he is in the ARMY ROTC and in the Education School to teach Biology on the High School level. He does make dinner for us! Go figure! Best wishes to you all and may all of his soufles rise to great heights.

43. charlotte says:

well,well,well, that has obveosly given us ideas because we are going to get a 8 week old puppy rodesian ridgeback! What type of dog is she? She looks quite dirty!!!!!!!!!!!! I must admitt she is soooooooooooooooooo cute! How old is she?

from charlotte