A Rescute Grows Up in Brooklyn

Writes Sender-Inner Susan B.: “Look at this sweet little kitten my husband and I rescued from behind our building two weeks ago…”

Picture 2

“She’s about 5-6 weeks old now…”

Picture 5

“So far we’re just fostering her because we don’t know her FIV/leukemia status yet, and don’t know whether all three of our preexisting cats will accept her in any case…”

Picture 4

“Anyway, I’m sure you’ll agree she is off the proverbial hook, in the adorably weird bug-eyed alien sense:”

Picture 3

Yes, we agree, Suze.

Picture 6

Hey out there, why not adopt a kittayn today?

Comments

1. in risk of sounding like a nuff – this senderinner should be aware if she doesn’t know the fiv/leukemia status yet, this cute little kittayn should not be around any of her other cats.

just sayin’.

adorable other-worldly kittayn, in any case. and kudos to them for taking in the poor little dear!

2. Awhs, what an anerable story. And those eyes!

3. DaytimeDeb says:

Sounds like kitty has hit the foster-family jackpot! Poor baby, looks like she had a whisker malfunction while still on the streets. I’m sure they will grow back, but it makes her even cuter in the meantime.

4. awwwwwwwwwwww! Such a precious little cutie pie!

5. Good luck with that sweet kitten. She was lucky she found you, and I hope she studies hard and passes all her tests (leukemia, fiv, fip)! I’ll keep my fingers crossed and say a little prayer……she is just so awesomely CUTE!!!!!

6. Susan B. says:

Eek! I can’t believe she made the cut(e)! I’m so proud…but must clarify something, in light of Jen’s comment: we are not allowing any physical contact between kitten and cats until and unless kittygirl gets negative test results. Our vet said as long as there’s no actual contact, it’s kosher. And kitten only gets to come out of her isolation chamber for supervised romps in the public domain, so we’re always there to prevent that nose-to-nose shniff.

7. I’m glad that you’re being responsible owners but how the heck do you give up something this cute?

8. She may be bug-eyed, but they’re the prettiest shade of blue! What a cuite pie!!

9. Oh, my *Squee*!!!!

ai wants her!

10. I shall name her Gecko.

11. huntsnipes says:

What a doll. (Aren’t orange tabbies usually male?)

12. violetgreen says:

LOL Marmar: Gecko=perfect name!
    [Pink tongue slurps eyeballs.]

13. Ahem. We NEED hovertext.

[Done. :D – Ed.]

14. Reminds me of my kitty! We found her in the Bronx behind a dumpster we believe she had been misteated in a convience store basement. She could fit in the palm of my hand, and looked like a bat, and was missing so much fur. It was so cute in this twisted way. and Now she is a healthy cat 2 years later (took a while I must say, and she is a bit off in the head!).

15. Oh dear, I can’t follow that Petfinder link. I really can’t take care of a pet at this point (frequent travel), but I see the photos on that site and want to adopt them all…

Cute kitty though…kitten tails just kill me…

16. What a wee, forlorn thing!

17. Are you sure it is truly a she?? I think more than 90% of ginger cats are male. But very very cute regardless of gender – what big bug eyes! And the name Gecko is absolutely perfect!

18. That sweet kitten touches my heart-and you can just feel her relief and happiness to have found such loving caretakers. Good luck to this lovely family!

19. bug-eyed rescute kitteh + teatowel toga = Dobby

20. Man oh man dat is de cutest little darlin, look at the tail would you, with that bug eyed look, so young, so innocent and abandoned, so wrong! Tks Susan B & hubbie for saving her, wonderful stuff! L x

21. She’s so tiny! Love her. :-)

22. If the kitty momma is a calico, and the kitty daddy is a ginger, then yes, you can have girly gingers. I found this out first hand when my calico gave birth to one. I kept her and named her Marigold. :)

What a cutie! I hope she passes her tests so she can stay and play with your other kitties!

23. kibblenibble says:

Ellie, Marigold is a darling kitty name, esp. for a female marmie. The other day, I just heard about a male marmie named Lasagne.

24. What a pretty little girl. I hope her med status is negative, and that she finds a good and loving home (if the submitter doesn’t keep her, of course).

25. Are broken/scraggly whiskers covered in the Cuteness Rules?
    It kind of looks like he/she did one too many rounds of Milk Pong.

26. apotheosis says:

That cat would give Hideo Nakata nightmares.

Cute? Yeah, ’cause the sun’s out. Now imagine waking up with that sitting on your chest staring into your face at 2am.

O_O

27. Kathleen in Canada says:

Aww… what a cutie and Gecko really suits her LOL. If I didn’t live in another country and already have three rescued cats…

28. apotheosis says:

Fremencat sez TEH SPICE MUST FLOW

29. Salam Cinta Damai & Kasih Sayang…

30. @ apotheosis: lol, we’re all duned. Duned, I say!

31. Juniper Jupiter says:

That is the most scraggliest little street urchin I ever laid eyes on.

I could just die from the cute! :D

32. Felicityanne says:

@Susan B…I don’t understand…you say there is no physical contact, so what’s happening in pic 4? Is that not a ‘nose-to-nose shniff’?
    She IS utterly gorgeous!

33. OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! It really rips my heart out when I think of how many animals are simply dumped every day in the world…bless you, for taking that poor creature and giving her a home! If only more people had the kindness you do!

34. freetomato says:

I am totally sending mental good-health juju! We found a stray (huddled by our outdoor hot tub seeking warmth) and took her to the vet, fully expecting to make her a family member, and she was so sick…….riddled with kitty-AIDs. Hubby and I both cried for days when we had her put down.

Grrrrr! I really have a bone to pick with irresponsible owners who do not spay/neuter! Poste’rs kitty is lucky and will have a long, wonderful life!

35. Charlotte says:

What a sweet, inquisitive little face. I didn’t even realize how tiny she was until I noticed the GIANT LOOMING HAND in picture #4.

36. I agree with the comments to keep the kitty away from others. In looking at those eyes, I’m worrried of FIV or herpes or something…

Best wishes!

37. chelsealockwood says:

I’m sending healthy-kitty-wishes your way.

38. Hate to sound stuffy, but ”she” is a tom. Orange cats are all toms. Though I guess you could say “man cat”.My neighbor does.

39. To the many people that say it is impossible to have orange girl cats, GOOGLE IT. You can, it is just far less likely.

40. awww, anerable! and i never thought i would say that about a ginger gollum-like creature! ;)

hope the little boo grows up fine and healthy… all the best, susan b.!

41. Keeping the wee one in my prayers for a clean bill of health and a lifetime of snorgles and smooches. What a perfect angel. *sigh*

42. Well, you’ll never guess what I found on MY back porch rail this morning: an orange, mostly grown (teen-aged?) cat, snoozing away, just like it belonged there! When I went out, s/he woke up and began meowing and reaching out for a head scratch–there is a flea collar, so I am assuming just a neighborly visit…maybe to say ‘hello’ to the black lab that has been hanging out for 18 months…what am I, the neighborhood cookie-fairy?

43. There are ginger female cats – they’re rare, but they do exist. And as long as there isn’t any direct contact, the other cats won’t get any potential FIV or other infections. They can sniff and be in the same room (which appears to be happening in the second-to-last picture, but I don’t think they’re making physical contact.)

What a beautiful little kitten – she’s lucky to have such lovely humans to care for her until she can find a forever home. Here’s hoping for all sorts of health and happiness.

44. I wonder if the eye color will change. Sometimes light colored eyes on animals mean a recessive trait that causes blindness or deafness. I hope not. Recessive traits can carry not-so-pleasant things. It could be a rare female ginger spice cat – I had one when I was a kid. She was a lovely kitteh. My kitteh was less ginger and more champagne color. Good luck with her and may she have a clean bill of health!

[That’s about blue-eyed white-coated cats, though, not marmies… – Ed.]

45. Oh my goodness! What an adorable little kitten! I hope her gorgeous eyes stay JUST like that when she gets bigger. Beautiful. :)

46. DO WANT!!! *grabby hands*

47. Learned a new thing today; I had no idea that ginger cats are primarily male. Then again, i am not really a “cat person”, although i am growing quite fond of our recently adopted tabby, Max. I was just thinking this morning that it’s funny and sweet that she walks around with a question mark shaped tail, and hadn’t realized it was a known cat “thing” hehe.

But re: ginger cats: My favorite book growing up was “Annie and the Wild Animals” by Jan Brett, and in the story there’s a female ginger tabby named Taffy. I know that’s just fiction, but the discussion reminded me of it. :)

48. Are her eyes ok? They look very strange like that.

I just added a six week old marmalade kitten to my family too – he came from a feral colony in a nearby lumberyard.
    Cassius is evil, and a reminder of why I always adopt adult cats. :D

49. What a beautiful freaky-eyed baby! I would adopt her in a heartbeat, but I just adopted two orange tabbies and I have no room…

BTW- my twin babies (you almost can’t tell them apart, except for their collars) are brother and sister.

50. I adopted an ugly (believe it or not, it CAN happen) little kitten from this lady who found him in a fast-food parking lot. He terrorized us for a couple of months – he was a MONSTER. Finally, after a great deal of frustration, I adopted another kitten, and it worked. Two kittens are half as much trouble as one, and three times as cute! Nevertheless I agree with Vanessa, adult cats from now on. :p

Happy ending: He grew up and turned beautiful. Looks just like a Nebelung.

I am sure this little baby will turn up gorgeous too…weird eyes and all.

51. What a cute-in-a-funny-looking-way baby she is! I’m so glad she is safe and being cared for now. You guys rock!

52. Our Rescute™ is named Butterscotch, and she’s a marmalade tabby (and a major snuggler!). Once we had her checked out by the vet, we introduced her to the other three cats, and they all get along wonderfully.

53. metsakins says:

I could stare at those crooked whiskers for days.

As far as cats who are terrors, I kind of like a bit of nastiness in my kitties. My Handsome (now gone two years) used to like to occassionally bite when asked for a kiss. (He gave kisses.) and you could tell he knew he wasn’t so supposed to do that which made it all the more fun for him. (and us.)

At the shelter, the cat that has won my heart the most is a royal queen, who only allows pets when she says so.

54. Kauaikatt says:

You are really good people for rescuing her! She was obviously starving or her eyes would not be so bug eyed and her whiskers would be long and healthy. Poor Kid! I would take her if I could but I already have 19 felines and 3 of them are 4 weeks old and we also have two dogs so no room at this Inn. You should keep her since you found her you would get all the gifts she has to offer to you for being her saviors!

55. Kauaikatt says:

Now before you all go thinking I am crazy~my cats are all saved cats and I have managed to find a few homes over the years I just happen to have a really full house at the present time. I had not heard that most orange tabby’s were male but I do know that there are NO calico males. Wish there were more people out there like you to take in a little stray kid in need. The way people just discard a kid in need makes me SICK I tell you just SICK! If only more people would spay and neuter there would be less unwanted kids thrown out like refuse! BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE IN THE WORLD~ Ghandi

56. janet2buns says:

@Kauaikatt: She may not be discarded, she may be feral….which is worse, in a way. Feral cat colonies are a big problem in most cities….sigh….or rather the people who caused there to be feral cat colonies in most cities are a big problem.

57. StepKimmie says:

I usually just lurk here, but visit every day. This is an adorable cat and huge props to the people for rescuing her but why in the world are they allowing the kitten access to their other cats? They are putting their other cats at a huge risk.

58. That isn’t true about Calico’s never being male, I have known of a male calico personally. It was an odd stray litter taken in by a friend of mine – one marmalade female and one male calico were amongst them.
    I believe the statistics are 96% marmalades are male, along with 96% calico’s are female. It does happen.
    I am sure my Cassius will become a darling, but right now he is as evil as they come.

[Nah… female marmies aren’t dime-a-dozen, but they aren’t super-rare either. We briefly hosted a ginger queen (named Goldfish) before she went to live with somebody who published one of those free weekly music ‘zines, back in the ’90s. Adored people, despised other cats. On the other paw, male calicos are VERY uncommon. – Ed.]

59. Sanveann says:

Peeps, quit freaking out. Their other kittehs probably have their feline leukemia shots.

[Yeah no kidding. Folks who do cat fostering tend to know this stuff. – Ed.]

60. Paunchie says:

Wow, snagglepuss! Love the wiskhairs! Poor widdle cinnabon-bon! Aw.

I have nebber seen a male calico. What about Torties?

What’s that about blue eyes and a white coat, Teho? Are they coming to take me away, away??
    [To the Happy Home, where life is beautiful all the time – Ed.]

61. I am speechless at the bug-eyes!!! We once fostered a kitten named “Exo” for Exopthalmic. He grew out of the bug-eyed look.

62. Susan Coburn says:

Elfin sprite! Tiny Egg! Molecule of Meow!! Bless your family for opening to this waif.

63. Melissa H. says:

To the people swearing that this kitten has to be male cuz they no it is and they no evrytin OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!111!!!eleven: It occurs to me that perhaps people who already own three cats probably know how to look under a cat’s tail and tell what sex it is. Not to mention that I’m sure that it’s covered in the first year of vet school. Just sayin’.

64. Theo: Napoleon XIV FTW!!! Long live Dr. Demento!!!

65. PS:
    I cooked your food, I cleaned your house
    And this is how you pay me back for all my kind, unselfish loving deeds?
    HUH?
    Well you just wait, they’ll find you yet
    And when they do, they’ll put you in the A.S.P.C.A you mangy mutt!

66. um…does she go “ack! thfffpt!” a lot?

and respond to “bill”?

cuz…dayum

67. PPS My aunt had a purebred American Shorthair red tabby girl named Biscuit. They got her from a fancy-shmancy breeder, and she spent most of her life shuttling between the backyard and under my cousin Bob’s bed. Every morning there would be a scene of slaughter in the yard– dead birds, mice, moles, voles, snakes, etc. Plus some tokens she brought to Bob, her favorite person. She was a killing machine.

68. Kauaikatt says:

To whoever said that there are male calico’s ~ NO there is not and if you think it was a male calico then it was not a true calico. THEY DO NOT EXIST!!!! OR you do not know how to tell the sex of a kitten or cat.

69. Susan B: She’s a beautiful kitten. Thanks for rescuing her! I hope you’ll update us in the comments here or perhaps with another submishe (hint, hint to the editors ;) ). (Halp! Punctuation overload!)

70. *yes there are!* *no there are not!* *ARE* *ARE NOT* !!!

Pudding flingingingks!

71. Paunchie: i can has pooding 2?

(Seriously. A commentroversy over the existence of male calicos in a post about a rescued female marmie? Cramazing.)

72. I know a few have said it already, but there is very little OMG DANGER in having that little kitty around the big kitties assuming they are vaccinated. Of the 60 foster kittens I’ve had most have had at least some contact with my big kitties, and some lots of contact. Nothing bad has ever happened to the big kitties as a result.

And I have met many orange girl kitties and many white cats with light eyes who have nothing wrong with them (I’ve actually only met one that had any “damage” and she was deaf).

To the sender-inner, good on you. I hope all is well and that she will have a long and lovely life with you.

73. @Susan B, I definitely want updates on this little booger!

74. Jeez, peeps, be nice or we may be seeing some of those nice young men in their clean white coats!! Really nice folks have taken in a wee babe and are caring for her/him so what could be bad???

75. ummmmm…… I hate to be on the other side of the fence, but the last pic is absolutely terrifying…..

76. This kitteh looks a bit EWOKish, but I think it will grow into a fine kitteh.

Boston Terriers look EWOKish as babehs and when they get growed up they look purty.

77. MarmieLover says:

CO is becoming spoiled for me by ignorant comments posted in an authoritative fashion. Could there Pleeeeease be a “MARMIE FAQ” where the following is explained:
    The gene for Orange, Ginger, or Marmie (called O for orange!) is on the X chromosome. A male cat has one X chromosome, so he needs only one copy of this gene to be a Ginger Tom. The frequency of this gene in the population varies by region, but in many cities is around 15%. So 15% of male cats are orange.

A female cat has 2 X chromosomes. If both are orange, she’s orange. If one is orange, she’s calico/tortie/torbie. The probability of her being orange if 15% of males are orange is then .15X.15 =2.25%. The probability of her being calico or torbie/tortie is 2X.15X.85 = 25.5%. So only 2.25% of female cats are orange whereas over a quarter are calico.

However, if you look at ALL orange cats, they are 17.25% of the population, so the fraction of orange females is 2.25/17.25 = 13% of orange cats are female. If the frequency of the orange gene is more than 15%, which it is in many areas, this will be even higher. So orange females are by no means rare.

Male calicos are another story. To be calico you must have 2 X chromosomes. The only way a male can have 2 X’s is if he is an XXY, a serious genetic defect that makes him sterile. So it is possible to have a male-looking calico, but very rare, and he will not be siring any kittens.

All of this is available from multiple sites on line. Everyone who loves Marmies should know from whence the orangeness comes!

78. Actually it is moe like 60% male oranges and 40% female oranges

and Teho is right There are male calicos they are just few and far between. Very few and far between.

This discussion has shown up on CO before.
    But if you are interested…

this page is written in easy to understand language

There are others if you find it not sufficient.

79. PS Marmie Lover thanks for the numbers.

80. By the way my mother in law adopted two Orange marmie sisters from a litter of four which had three girls and one boy they were all oranges.

81. Looks like this little one’s eyes are just at the point of changing from blue to their adult color. There’s a mama cat with two kittens at my vet’s right now; the tabby kitten still has blue eyes, the calico girl’s are starting to change.
    Cat colors: The gene for orange/black is carried on the X chromosome. There’s an orange version of it and a black version. Males have one X chromosome and thus have either orange or black (gray is a form of black); females can have both. As with people, one X chromosome in each cell is inactivated (which one it is is random), resulting in the color gene on the other being expressed – in the orange bits of the cat, the X with the black gene is inactivated; in the black bits, the one with the orange gene is.
    So where does the occasional calico tom come from? Sometimes chromosome assortment in eggs and sperm doesn’t work quite right, resulting in an individual with two X and one Y. Therefore, two color genes and potentially a calico guy cat (less likely to be fertile, though). It is also possible for a gene from one chromosome to attach itself to another chromosome, so there is an outside chance of a fully-fertile calico or tortie tom.

82. MarmieLover says:

I actually made a mistake as well…

the fraction of total marmies in the population isn’t 15+2.25, but rather that divided by two, or 8.625% total marmies. The fraction female remains as above because fraction of female marmies = fraction female cats (1/2)*2.25/8.625, so you get your 2 back.

83. Um yeah, I was gonna say. ;)

84. Too.Much.Math.For.The.Blonde.Brain. *pop*

I love them, don’t care if they’re boys or girls. When I retire I’ll be the crazy cat lady that children avoid. Except all my babies will be well fed, cleaned up after, and taken care of like the princes and princesses they are. ;-)

85. All I know is that this kitteh is adorables.

86. Another orange female cat owner here. ;) My sister owned a beautiful FEMALE ginger named Bill. It was a definite and vet-verifed FEMALE.
    Also, my neighbours own TWO MALE calicos.
    They both had little kitty balls which my responsible neighbours had removed when they were old enough.

They still have little kitty weenies and are most definitely calicos.

87. While we’re delving into kitty genetics and coat coloration, what about male tortoiseshells? I’ve always believed that 95% of marmies are boys, and that it is impossible to have a male tortoiseshell.

88. Dopermama says:

So what’s my cat? She’s tortoiseshell over her back, sides, tail, upper legs, top of the head/face; has white chin, bib, belly, and feet, and orange stripey lower legs. Is that a calico?

89. Leslie (NTA) says:

ummm.. Theo …izzit possible, that now my shame over having *allegedly*
    once posted a *lengthy* comment, can be shelved? I haven’t even managed to *READ* the entirety of the above commentary & I feel less squirmy about my lengthy soapbox over the AK-47’s @ the truck dealership…
    Huh? Can I??? Huh? Huh?

[ :? I have no memory of this armed sales lot… – Ed.]

90. Dobermama says:

And, holy crap, I meant to type Dobermama, not “Dopermama,” although you kinda have to wonder, I guess. . .

91. I love this kitten. She looks like Ben from Lost.

92. LOL Sarah! I can def see some Lost Ben in the kitten hehehehe

93. Paunchie says:

Dopbermama, I would call her calico, that sounds like one cool coat for a kitteh.

94. berthaservant says:

You people are so hung up on labels. Male. Female. IT’S A KITTEH AND IT’S CUTE. That’s all that matters. :-P

(Seriously, though, I want a marmie!)

95. MarmieLover says:

LOL, bertha of course you’re right.
    I just love it that there’s a gene called “O” for ornj

96. She looks like Dobby the house elf from Harry Potter..
    I mean that in a nice way, She’s cute!

97. Kauaikatt says:

@janet2buns You are right she could be ferrel. I live in the country so I forget that possibility in the city. We don’t have many ferrel in the country because we have predators that eat cats like fox and fisher’s also coyotes. @ MarmieLover thanks so much for the knowledge too bad some of the people that have commented are not smart enough to actually understand what you said!!!
    BUT seriously we should get back to the main issue at hand like someone else said. KUDDO’S for saving a cute little baby who really needed a home obviously.

98. Those eyes are like saucers! What a sweetheart.

99. Leslie (NTA) says:

@ Theo —

(The truck dealer wasn’t arming its sales staff; they were offering pink AK 47s to those who bought trucks …or so the marketing on the webpage claimed…it was the commentroversy re. Hello Kitty that got us there somehow…)

100. oh THAT. :P I never believed it anyway. heh

101. AWW :D What a cutie :D I am so GLAD, you, Susan B & hubbie, are able to give that little sweet kitty a foster home :D I am also praying really really hard that the kitty has a CLEAN bill of health from the vet :D

102. But Susan B., isn’t that one of your cats cat touching noses with her in the second picture?

103. Just give that skinny kitteh lots of food and snuggles it’ll grow into those eyesies. Best of luck with your new bebele. Hope the tests all come out to best advantage.

104. I too have known a male calico and plenty of female marmies at my shelter. Male calicos are supposed to be sterile, but the shelter neutered him. Just because he’s shooting blanks doesn’t mean he’s not shooting.

Nose to nose contact generally won’t spread FeLV and FIV, but bites (FIV and FeLV) and mutual grooming (FeLV) can. Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine has good websites for both. We have to keep my boyfriend’s cat away from the untested foster babies since he LOVES to groom. We try to keep him out regardless, but Uncle Tip Toe is quite persistent when he hears babies crying.

105. I am also constantly amused by the people who ask if they can get FIV from a cat. Acknowledged that many people don’t know much about it, but there is a reason it’s called “feline immunodeficiency virus.” (Our shelter will adopt out FIV+ cats to appropriate homes.)

106. charliewabba says:

:::ignores all commentroversies, puts head on desk and sobs uncontrollably:::

107. thoes eyes are so freakin precious! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

108. Have you got the test results back yet? I’m dying to know that this little boohbahlah is happy, healthy and ready for lots of new playmates!

109. Dixie'sMom says:

*NUFF ALERT*

Ummm, yeeeaaahhh… if ya don’t know if the widdle one has FELV or FIV…. NO McSNIFFERING BY THE RESIDENT HOUSEKATS!!!! NONONO!!!!

[I’d call this not so much nuffery as uninformed knee-jerk care-trolling, but maybe that’s just me :P – Ed.]

110. Dixie’s Mom, there are lots of comments explaining why you are wrong. You should read them before employing caps and lolspeak at the same time.

111. Bearfoot says:

Huntsnipes, I didn’t read all of the comments so this probably has been answered, but you are probably thinking calico there. I’ve seen plenty of male tabbies of all colors.

112. Paunchie says:

“McSniffering” *snort!*

113. Susan B. says:

OH my goodness with all the comments already! Kitteh (working title is now ‘Annie,’ as in “Li’l Orphan”) was not touching noses with Becky in that photo…the giant hovering hand of my husband was there to prevent it, although the camera angle does make it seem like a contact sniff.
    We have lots of feral kittehs in our neighborhood, and that is this youngster’s origin. We are hoping to start a TNR (trap, neuter, release) group in our building to help the grown kittehs stop making so many homeless youngsters.
    Thanks to some of the comments about her skinniness, I had a freakout and rushed the baby to an emergency clinic the other night. She’s FINE, a bit on the skinny side but not in any imminent danger. No tests yet–that comes later this week–but we have learned that in any case she will have to be re-tested 90 days later. Three months of sequestration is a pretty daunting prospect for us all! So, she got another dose of de-wormer and we’re going to do a poop test for (treatable) protozoal parasites just in case, and in the meantime she’s nomming A/D mixed with Iams Kitten and special kitten meelks to plump her up! Now if only she could get the whole litterbox thing straightened out…
    Thanks so much for all the kudos and compliments! She’s very flattered!

114. Bearfoot says:

she’s a beautiful kitty and if I had what it took to be a responsible owner she’d have a daddy.

As Is I can just say bless you for being a wonderful person and taking this little ball of fuzz into your life.

115. Oh God I love big freakin’ eyes :3

116. I had a three months old street kitty who looked like a bat-rat-something mix when I got her home to me in 1999 and now she is a still big eared, skinny tailed kitty, but does not look so out of proportion any more.
    This little one on the pictures here displays the ‘Kindchenschema’ perfectly, it worked, she found someone to take care of her ;-)

Now to just keep all fingers crossed she does not have FIP or FIV.
    And the resident cats accept her into their group.

117. Kauaikatt says:

Oh I do hope she ends up being Feline Leukemia NEGATIVE!! I had a really great orange tabby male that I found on the streets and he plumped up to 20lbs. and a year later was less than 9 lbs when the FL kicked in. He started to go in a coma like state and I had to let him go gracefully with the dreaded shot. He was a really great cat. He was feral when I first saw him and it took 6 months before I could touch him. He used the litterbox right away and never hurt my other two cats. He had all his claws and used a scratching post as well. Will never forget him …sniffle sniffle . So yeah they can go quite quick when they get that crap. My two had been given the shot and this was in 93 and the Vet never told me to keep him away from the other two so they shared litterbox, bowls and sleeping spots and the other two never got it from him. Either I was lucky or who knows what I guess. Not saying you shouldn’t separate them from others by all means do just that it is possible that it not get passed on that easily.

118. i have 6 cats. They are all rescue. Two of them (litter mates) have FIV. They are 8 now and have had it since they were babies (when i found them). They have never infected my other cats. All my cats coexist and eat out of the same bowls and use the same litter boxes. The vet says they would have to fight/scratch/bite to spread it. My FIV cats have never become ill. We have to try to control the disease, yes, but we have to become more educated about how it spreads, how cats live with it (many of them without symptoms throughout their lives), and how they CAN live with non-FIV infected cats.

119. i would really like to know the outcome for this adorable little alien creature, as far as her tests go and whatever else comes of her rescue, i hope you will post it here.