ENCORE: So Cute, It’s Unreal

Way back in the Once Upon, before the world was in color, before time was what turned kittens into cats, it came to pass that our Fearless Leader dispatched this missive across the interwires by high-resolution telegraph, on August the 16th, in the year of two-thousand-and-eight

Puh-lease. Too, too moshe:

black and white?
miniscules and striped?
ear flappage and paw danglage?

kitten1, originally uploaded by Duckproductions.

EHN!

(Cute-Overload-XTreme-Ehn-Up)

Pawtasticposterized_closeup

You love it. Admit it, Lori W.

Comments

1. harlemgrrl says:

:: splode ::

2. Simply adorable! :-)

3. DogEared says:

::ditto::

4. Leslie (NOT the author!) says:

cute AND sad??? or cute AND sleepy???

Signed,
    Kitties are the Kings!!!!
    (Sorry, Barack, you’re *only* the President!!)

5. TheCuteness says:

And you should also mention the microscopic toenails!

6. AuntieMame says:

Oof. That’s deadly Qte, folks.

7. Mine? Mine? Mine!

8. Kathunk (passed out on the floor)…

9. 5^^now8ing says:

My only comment is: “Oooooh-bee-dooo-snooks!”

Totes missed this the first time around. Thanks bunches, Theo, for teh reruns. And Queen Meg for the originalruns.

10. The tiny toes killed me. For real.

[Really! :| - Ed.]

11. Yes we love it

12. That is the sweetest thing I’ve ever seen. I think I’m getting di-a-bee-tus.

13. i_wuvs_puttins says:

WANT!

14. Paw danglage definitely needed a COXCU, that little paw being so tiny and all.

15. Aiiiiiiiiiie! So so so beeyooteefulls!

16. wirewitch says:

Dont forget the teeny tiny itty bitty LEETLE round ears!

OOMPH!

Ah think mah hed’s bout ta a-splode!

17. omg… the… the widdle PAW… the mini-toes!

*faints dead away*

18. I spy a very beepable noisicle…and, not a bad specimen of hooman hand either… hmmmmm…..

19. Blondie says:

BABY!!!! Tiny… precious… *splode*

Must.have.one.

20. AWW :) What a little cutie :) I just want to CUDDLE CUDDLE CUDDLE the sweet little kitty :)

21. kibblenibble says:

This looks exactly like a newborn abandoned kitteh that I bottle fed until he was placed with a mom of a new litter who accepted him as her own. (He needed a kitteh momma.) His umbilical chord was still attached, and of course, his eyes were still closed when my friend found him in his driveway covered with dust. I only got to have him for three days, and I had to sleep sitting up, because he would only sleep in the palm of my hand, otherwise he cried. I named him Spike. That was 20 years ago. *sniff*

22. kibblenibble, that’s so sweet :)

23. AWEEEEEE

24. can we take a moment to acknowledge the stripes. OMG the stripes. They are what is making me swoon…

25. Yup: heart go kaboom.

26. That is the luckiest hand I’ve ever seen, getting to hold that bundle of fuzzy cuteness. I think I just found new wallpaper for my laptop.

27. Katrina says:

Aw and Awe.

28. There are some things that I never get tired of looking at, such as beautiful sunsets, George Clooney, and this wee kitty!

29. This is so endearing and doesn’t it remind you of Anne Geddes’ baby portraits! It’s time she expanded her subject range.

30. Paunchie says:

Just look how LEETLE he ees!!

31. 5^^now8ing says:

Sharon – yes, it *does* remind me of Anne Geddes’ work!

And kibblenib — it must have been *so* rewarding to save the little kit. Poor li’l dusty baby.

32. Something about a teeny baby animal cradled in a male hand just makes me all tingly!

33. And then, after “slugs, butterflies and daffodils, 43 species of parrots, and nipples for men,” the Supreme Being created KITTENS!

34. Space Cowgirl says:

Gah! The claw danglage! *thud*

35. kibblenibble says:

@ 5^^: Yes, it WAS rewarding! But I was very young, and constantly worrying that I wasn’t providing adequate care and that he therefore would die. I was checking on him every five minutes to make sure he was still breathing. At the time, I was receiving physical therapy for a rotator cuff injury, so having to sleep sitting up to hold Spike was taking a toll on me. Between that and my fear that he needed a REAL kitty mamma, I was so grateful when a local animal rescue group helped me find a cat with a new litter that would accept him. After Spike went to his new mamma, the friend who found Spike in his driveway wrote me a note as if it was from Spike. It said something like: “Although I never opened my eyes to see what you looked like, you will always be my first real mamma.” Isn’t that sweet?

36. I want one. This is the best picture in a long long while. Meow.

37. When they’re so little that they don’t even know they have tiny claws, I
    can’t stand it. I think I’m about to….ack….SQUEEEEE

38. Carolyn says:

“Honey, I looked and looked for the perfect engagement ring, and then, in the kitteh case of the last jewelry store I saw this…”
    Of course, after she awoke from her faint, she said yes, yes, yes.

39. I have melted.

40. Neopatra says:

Must kiss
    the
    teeny
    tiny
    toebeans. :-)

41. Awwww. She’s tiny. :)

Grow up big and strong little one.

42. I think this is one of the top few pic I’ve seen in my 40 years. Wow.

43. jackie31337 says:

Aw, it’s like Anne Geddes, only with tiny little baby animals. I never knew kittens could be so small!

44. Noelegy says:

Kibblenibble, the note…that was just really touching. Wow. I’ve told Philo’s story on here before, but for the benefit of newcomers to CO, Philo has been in my life since he was two weeks old. He’s a stripeh kitteh like this one. He was rescued by my sister-in-law after some neighborhood kids were putting perfume on the kittens (???) and the mama kitteh rejected them. My SIL got the last two survivors and asked me to foster them because she didn’t know how. I told her what to do and said I really couldn’t take any more kittehs.

A week later, the stronger and bigger of the two kittens had died, and she asked me again. I relented. Philo, two weeks old and tiny, came into my life. My husband and I took turns feeding, burping, and pooping him, all the things that have to be done for these precious babies. Somewhere along the way he got his kitten claws snagged firmly in our hearts, and ultimately we couldn’t give him back. Which was just as well, because he has a personality that is lovable and snarky by turns and wouldn’t be the best pet for my nieces anyway.

He is now two and a half years old, full of business, and while he’s much smaller than adult cats his age generally are, he’s in generally good health.

On the topic of this post, it’s Chessie!

45. 5^^now8ing says:

Noelegy – the Chessie image was familiar to me, but I’d never read the story! Just … awwww….

Kibnib – how nice of your friend to send a note from the wee kitteh — story gets even sweeter!

46. holy crow. this thing just made my week. cutest. thing. ever.

47. AWW :) That was so SWEET of you to take care of that little kitty, kibblenibble :)

48. I know what it is like to love and loss a sweet kitty, kibblenibble :( I raised a 3 week old female kitten that I called “Seven” because she had two stripes on top of her head, one going straight across and the other on an angle to form a “7” :) Sadly, she disappeared from the family farm when she was eight :( I still miss her :(

49. Theresa says: