Incoming SNEAK ATTACK!

Ears: Flat!
Paws: Up!
Eyes: (really) Big!

Watch the heck out, People.

Yes, this cat has a Shrek 'Puss in Boots' quality to him, you're right.
Cat attack (shrek puss in boots), originally uploaded by Nicolas Valentin.

Comments

1. Leslie (NTA) says:

LOVE the tag “impending doom”!! POI-fect. Izzat new???

Signed,
    Suitably Impressed

2. “Look out!”

3. EEEK :D Look out :D HUGE vicious kitty is on the rampage :D GIGGLE :D I would just LOVE to be on the receiving end of that pounce :D

4. I love when kitties do this!
    Melvin likes to put his head down with his ears pricked and act all tough.
    SO CUTE!

5. ezackly like Puss in Boots!!!

6. Oooh, he’s soo vewwy skewwy! (LOVE the impending doom tag, BTW.)

7. I feel sorry for the piece of string that is about to get completely annihilated.

8. I’ve seen this one on ICHC before, with the caption to the effect of “Is it…. dead?” He
    (it) looks too scared to be pouncing.. Poor little booboo.

9. kibblenibble says:

Super cute kitteh…Is this perhaps “color enhanced?” I don’t know much about all the newfangled things that can be done with pictures, but he looks about the same color as a cheeto. Just curious.

10. MoonCatty says:

And, you know, the thing about a kitten… he’s got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll’s eyes. When he comes at ya, doesn’t seem to be living… until he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then… ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin’…

11. Photoshop a rapier in his hand, and it’s a live-action Puss!

12. MoonCatty, get out of the water!

13. Aww he can attack me whenevew he wants and I shall snorgle him :D

14. KittehMamax3 says:

OMG!! Too funny. We have put up our bird feeders outside about 2 feet from the keeping room window where the cats have a bench to perch on. When a bird lands on the ledge outside the window sill, my tortie kitteh Mica has this exact look. Isis, my 2nd tortie, jumps and attacks the window, only to slide down back onto the bench. (But the birds always skeedadle when she does it, so she really wins…) Leo, my third, could not care less unless there is a lizard on the ledge, then he gets this look….Best money we’ve ever spent. It’s a virtual “Nature Channel” for them.

15. This reminds me of how the Blues Brothers manage to sneak into the Palace Hotel ballroom near the end of the movie.

16. COFFEE !

17. Leslie (NTA) says:

pyrit –????huh?? i are cornfuzed.

Mooncatty — are ya familiar with the Creepiest episode *EVAR* of the original classic Twilight Zone ???? THE FEARSOME DREAD DOLLY….who sez (ONLY TO Telly Savalas, the abusive stepfather BadGuy character) ?????

“My name is Chatty Cathy and I DON’T THINK I LIKE YOU ……………..”

18. The eyes, Leslie (NTA). Kitty had one too many super tall extra double grandes.

19. Digital cameras tend to give a color saturation to their photos especially when no flash is used.

So I doubt photo shop.

and this is the most awesomest kitten attack evah..

20. the bug man says:

You can almost see the pre-pounce haunch fidgets.

21. Leslie (NTA) says:

@ pyrit —O — Eye C !! (Silly, immature giggle as of a toddler)

22. If that’s my doom, I wish to meet it.

23. Oh no! It’s cuteness….um….I mean evil personified.

24. kibblenibble says:

kittyadventures: Thanks for helping me understand why the kitty is cheeto-colored. BTW has anyone noticed you can even see little eyelashes? :-)

25. Hi Kibblenibble No prob.. Isn’t it just the most adorable little orange wonder. HEhehe

26. @Pyrit I thought you were referring to Garfield LOL

Don’t worry kitty, I don’t see you there…. pounce away! BONZAIIII!!!!

27. MoonCatty says:

@Leslie (NTA) ~ Yes, I know that Twilight Zone episode, and it really is one of the most disturbing and memorable ones of the entire series! One thing though, the doll was based on Chatty Cathy, but the name of the doll in the episode was ‘Talky Tina’. (But June Foray did the voice for them both!)

As for the ‘doll’s eyes’ reference, well… just think ‘shark eyes’ and a certain movie… heh…

28. Leslie (NTA) says:

@ MoonCatty –

Glad to know that COverloaders are able to maintain our stringent minimum standards of
    Pop Culture references !!
    Signed,
    “Don’t go down through that door!”

29. i_wuvs_puttins says:

Cantcha just picture the little butt wiggle as kitteh is getting ready to pounce?

30. Katrina says:

Luurkensproing!

31. Ahh, what could be better than a little orange fuzzball with wackadoodle eyes?

32. hehe…too bad, i’m allergic to cats, but i agree! The cute factor in most of the cat pics here are overwhelming! Love your site! :D

33. When my cat plays “stalk the dad guy” with me, I love how I get about half a second’s warning before she makes the big pounce. She can crouch there looking ready to go for five minutes, but the real signal is the way her pupils suddenly expand to full size and then BAM! I don’t know how many times she got me before I caught on to the pupil dilation…

34. Ohh, this fierce predator is as intimidating and scary as my three cats, which is to say…NOT AT ALL! (Of course, they like to think they’re scary when, in fact, they are total doofuses. Or is the plural of “doofus” “dufi”?)

35. Leslie (NTA) says:

@ ftnezriot –

are you already aware that Our Fearless Leader Meg, Provider of Webpage
    began Coverload, BECUZZ she herself is allergic & cannot enjoy living w/ Critters??
    So you’re at the right place!!

36. @BugMan, “haunch fidgets”! Snerk!

37. Paunchie says:

FEAR ME!! *schproing!!*

38. 5^^now8ing says:

I’m totally with thepetmuseum – If this is my doom, bring it on!

I also love that he looks as scared as he does fierce.

Wuvvims!

39. Aye! Them that die be the lucky ones!

40. Patricia says:

Same look my little tuxedo gets when she is planning to steal something she thinks is tasty off of my plate.

41. Neopatra says:

I’m…gonna…GITchoo!

42. MoonCatty says:

The next photograph was just blurry, orange, back paws… heh…

“I am the orange menace that springs from behind the couch… ankles and feets beware!”

@Katrina ~ “Luurkensproing!” I LOVE it!!!

43. irish wristwatch (try saying it out loud) says:

dat is a dedly wook.

44. sexymeow says:

wonder what he’s going to pounce at?

45. Aww, he looks just like my Max as a kid.

46. he looks like antonio benderez in shrek

47. Neopatra says:

Full Stalking Mode With Butt Wiggle.

48. Katrina says:

MoonCatty – “Luurkensproing” isn’t original to me. It was sent in by another Peep and I just love it too and use it when the occasion arises.

To the Peep who coined the phrase-speak up and re-tell your wonderful story of the kitteh and the luukensproing for our new Peer Peeps, please!

I’m just helpin’ to keep the language alive!

49. Radar's Mom says:

@ fojazz: My marmie gets the same sudden-pupil-dilation look on his face when he’s about to pounce! I’m lucky enough to get a longer warning time, though- Radar’s pupils explode when he sees something worth pouncing/chasing/batting/eating.

50. Valerie says:

Bet if you snuck up behind him he’d jump! So soft and dangerous at the same time.

51. i have two cats that both do that when their about to pounce on each other or a toy. one cat is a little 1 yearold and the other is a big 4 yearold. really tiny kitten is way cuter than either of my cats but i do love watching them play fight.

52. eek <3 that looks almost exactly like my kitty named minion cuuute