Patri-idiotic

Last month, we reported on Stephen Colbert’s selfless — and momentarily cute — journey to entertain the troops in Iraq, where he made the ultimate sacrifice: Agreeing to have his head shaved.

And what became of the hair, may you ask?

1239686297297

Callista Y.: Great sender-inner, or the greatest sender-inner?

Comments

1. it is NOT a toupee.

2. LOL worst toupee evahhhhhh

3. Please tell me someone is sending that to Stephen????

4. hon glad says:

This is what comes from ordering a rug on the internet, they never match. Not that I have need of one, no sir, all my bits are my own.

5. DaytimeDeb says:

Still looks better than whatever is going on with Trump’s head. Anyone remember a series of skits Letterman did a few years back called “Trump or Monkey?” They would only show the top of the head, and you had to guess if it was going to be a picture of Trump or an ape of some sort.

6. GREATEST SENDER INNER!!!

7. Kirsten D. says:

It’s the anti-bald-eagle!

And greatest sender inner, oh man. <3

8. @ A.S.R – i agree! someone please send it to him!

is it just me, or does he look a lot like matt lauer now that his hair has grown back some?!

9. mervtheflamingo says:

Toupee!! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

10. 260Oakley says:

He’s not just the president, he’s also a client.

11. Starlinguk says:

The bald eagle isn’t going extinct. They’re all wearing toupees.

12. LisaCat says:

Sam the Eagle finally gets a proper toupee.

13. Maybe he just went to the Hair Club for Birds.

14. Reminds me of former Governor Blogoyavich

15. Pat Trenner says:

Best. Hovertext. EVER.

16. Apparently, the Hair Club for Eagles needs to work the quality control just a wee bit more.

17. TheGreatKatzini says:

Stoic eagle dares you to laugh at his haircut… well, at least it’s streamlined. That’s gotta count for something, right? Right?

18. Did he put a dead mouse on his head?

19. Camille says:

At least it’s not a mullet.

20. Looks a little more like Rod Blagojevich to me… it’s almost got that helmet-y look.

21. @Holy Cuteness, you meant a mo-HAWK, right? Right? Ha-HA!

22. claudia says:

Not an eagle, at least not to me… I’m dying to know what kind of badass bird this is!!! Hey kid, nice haircut!

23. It’s either a Crested or Southern Caracara. It’s actually in the falcon family.

24. Katrina says:

Nice boid. Not ‘shopped’? Nice topknot- worthy of “Scrambled Eggs Super de dooper, a la Peter T. Hooper”!

25. So now you can donate your hair to needy raptors? Stephen certainly isn’t one to allow the eagle to go around with a naked head.

26. @ Pat Trenner: I agree! I needed a good crack up and the hovertext was perfect!

27. Bwahahaha!

28. What perfect timing — Colbert is off this week, meaning he and his writers have a few days to think about the perfect-est way to work C.O. into the show!!!! Someone out there will send this to him — maybe his old improv buddy Amy Poehler, whom we know is a fan? C’mon, Amy — the spirit of Del Close and the fans of C.O. are relying on you!!!!

29. chanpon says:

And Sam Donaldson’s transformation is complete.

30. I was thinking more like Ted Koppel’s twin brother Marty.

31. Katrina says:

OK…thats freaky…making the bald eagle have hair…thats a crime against nature. LOL!!

32. Subhangi says:

What the-

ROFL

33. Worst. Eagle. Toupee. Ever.

34. Carlisa says:

Looks like Moe of The Three Stooges.

35. The expression on your avatar’s face really drives it home, Mr. Claymore.

36. So that is NOT Stephen Jr.?

37. MoonCatty says:

That IS Stephen Jr!

He has his daddy’s hair. :-)

38. Eat your heart out, Donald Trump!!! LOL

39. That would be perfect if he was dancing like these seagulls! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBOk6Epr8aw