I’d Better Call in Sick Today…

… because according to this thing, I’ve got a temperature of 150 calories!

busted

Backstory from sender-inner Sandy C.: “I’d like to submit this photo of my hamster named Lenore who is attempting to lob a pretzel stick away without me or my fiance knowing.”  Not sure I agree with you 100 percent on your choice of hiding place, Lenore.

Comments

1. Sometimes a pretzel is just a pretzel…

2. 260Oakley says:

Spare the rod and spoil the ham.

3. kibblenibble says:

Such a pretty colored hammie! “Pwefel? What pwefel?”

4. Argyle Donkeypants says:

Psst. Hey mister. Ya wanna buy a cat? Primo stuff, rhinestone collar an’ everything. You pick it up now, I’ll even t’row in a toddler.

5. Kristabelle says:

kibblenibble – that’s exactly how it sounds too! :mrgreen:

6. Lillith says:

I find something profoundly amusing about a hammie named Lenore. Quote the hammie “nevermore”.

Nom nom nom…

7. The rare and radiant hammie whom the angels name Lenore! :mrgreen:

8. Katiedid says:

“Thith not a pwethle.. thith my new toof bruth”

9. Whoa. That is one big hamster.

So Sandy C., how exactly did Lenore get a hold of that pretzel? Just sayin’… ; )

10. chanpon says:

Red Auerbach…..as a pretzel-stogie smoking hammie.

11. Hammie’s gonna need a beer to wash down that pwetzew!

12. skippymom says:

That pretzel must be lighter than it looks. From where I’m sitting, it doesn’t look like the ham would be able to hold up such a big thing at that angle. Do hamsters have Jaws Of Steel?
    And hmm, suddenly I’m thinking of stopping on the way home to buy some pretzels and ham for a snack with my tea later.

13. Hammie or furry narwhal?

You decide.

14. brinnann says:

:( I don’t get NOMTOM’s URL.

15. skippymom says:

brinnann, I think he’s referring to the incident when that guy who was “president” before our present President supposedly choked on a pretzel while watching TV and fell off the couch and hit his head on the coffee table, or something like that.

[Yep. Extra, extra, read all about it... - Ed.]

16. Lieutenant Columbo Ham sez, “…Just one more thing, ma’am”

17. brinnann says:

Ah, thanks Skippymom. I have a tendency to ignore the news since it’s never good. :P

18. Lenore!
    Picture & story: GREAT!

19. skippymom says:

You’re welcome, Brinn. I only remembered it because it was such a ridiculous story. I recall that there was, ahem, some speculation at the time that this was a made-up explanation of how he hit his head…but ’nuff said.

Off to buy ham and pretzels now!

20. skippymom – That story made me crazy. I was all, “Dang!” If only…(LOL)
    Hey, hope you’ve had some sunshine lately.

21. me wikes pwetzals

22. AuntieMame says:

Please, no politics on Cute Overload! (And I would be just as unhappy if it was the current President who was the target of the snark, so I’m not being partisan.)

Let’s just focus on Mr. HammyPretzelFace.

23. Pouch it!

24. Looks like someone’s eyes were bigger than their pouches!

25. Mary (the first) says:

I love the hammie name “Lenore”. Some of the fun stuff on this site is what people call their furry friends! (I almost said “name their pets” but that is so .. just wrong.. really.)
    So .. does anyone else see JIMMY DURANTE in this photo??

26. BTW, I really want pretzels now.

27. “Not sure I agree with you 100 percent on your choice of hiding place, Lenore.” : Cutest use of a reference from “Fargo” EVER, NTMTOM!

28. Jezebel says:

Yay! I’m a reject! Awesome!

29. @ Lilith – My thoughts exactly! How much more intriguing is The Raven when the lost maiden Lenore is a hamster?

`Prophet!’ said I, `thing of evil! – prophet still, if bird or devil!
    By that Heaven that bends above us – by that God we both adore –
    Tell this soul with sorrow laden if, within the distant Aidenn,
    It shall clasp a sainted maiden whom the angels named Lenore –
    Clasp a rare and radiant maiden, whom the angels named Lenore?’
    Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.’

30. Em (The Original) says:

i used to have a hamster. rocky. he was awesome.

oh btw, any vets lurking around?

31. Can hamsters eat stuff that salty? I’d have thought they were too small to cope with too much salt.

But I’ve never kept them and I’m not a vet, so take my advice with a pinch of … something!

32. I have to say, that’s ambition babe! But may I suggest the pretzels with seeds rather than salt next time? Yummy!

33. Reminds me of the time I gave my hamster food that was too big for his pouch. Part of it was sticking out of his mouth just like that pretzel stick. When I tried to take it back, he just pushed my hand away and carried it back to his little hut.

34. So if a calorie is the energy that raises 1 gram of water 1 degree celsius, and a hamster is 150 grams, then, um, how many pretzels would it take for a hamster to call in sick with pretzel-fever?

(Note: for this comment, I actually googled the phrase “how many grams is a hamster”)

35. My very first hamster was named Lenore! I bought her when I was 12. I decided that she was lonely, and got a friend for her; another female that I named Lynn. I put them on the dinner table together, and Lynn immediately bit through the scruff of Lenore’s neck. Lenore died from a stroke (evidenced by unilateral paralysis) at 2 3/4 years, and Lynn died quietly in her sleep when she was 3.

36. I used to have a ham that looked just like that, until he mysteriously vanished from his cage.

Clearly, he had a sex change and moved to wherever Sandy C. lives. Lenore! You could have come home! I would still love you!

37. hon glad says:

Reminds me of a big time Hollywood Producer with a large Havanna.

38. Oh crap, i got beaten to the Edgar Allan Poe punch!

39. Katrina says:

I have some serious reading to do this Summer, I can’t keep up with the literary Peeps anymore! Thanks to everyone for keeping me (making me) literate! All I got was the “Charlie and the MTA” song. (slinksofftothelibrary).

40. Lerrinus says:

pyrit, you just about made me fall off my chair laughing with Columbo Ham! LOL!

41. Lula Mae says:

To me, it looks like hammie on a stick… orange flavor…
    Sweet, but not tasty, what with all that fur

42. I want to bite the other end of the pretzel and get into a tug of war with the hamster : )

43. Lula Mae says:

Jess, you don’t stand a chance of winning that;-) She’s got that crazy look in her eyes…
    (with Gollum voice:) We wants it, we needs it. Must have the pretzel!

44. Katrina says:

“Say the secret woid and get a $100!”

45. Lerrinus says:

@Lula Mae: I think it’s supposed to be more like:

It’s a hammie…on a steek! (A la Jeff Dunham) :-D

46. Lula Mae says:

Thank you for the lesson in Qte, Lerrinus…
    I’ll remember eet :-)

47. omg what a cute thing.

48. Hahaha! Looks like he’s smoking a cigar! Super cute! XD

Heart Syrians! XD

49. Katrina – Groucho reference! LOL!

50. lol i can imagine him saying “THIS IS NOT WAT IT LOOKS LIKE!!” or ” You will have no proof i took this…um… thingy after i eat it. HAHAHAHAHA! Wait….wat r u doing with the camera? Ohh great you got proof now.”

51. Katrina says: