Scenes From Yesterday’s Coronation

It was a day of grandeur and majesty as Cutesylvania’s ruling elite turned out to watch King Ace XVII ¼ ascend the throne.  We now have exclusive photos of the royals as they enjoy the glittering excitement of this once-in-a-lifetime event…

And first, here’s Princess Gertrude Hortense Von Mississippi-Two-Mississippi, looking absolutely giddy in her tiara made entirely out of used dental fillings…

Is my face on crooked?

Next, Prince Poundcake Mellon III, Dodgers VI, eagerly awaits the King’s arrival…

n698332228_1403744_4705082

And here we see Prince Oreo Keebler-Pepperidge, Earl of Hydrox, as he watches the thrilling five-and-a-half hour ceremony in rapt attention…

PICT0183

Our thanks to cuteporters T.U.M., Rachael C. and Julie F.

Comments

1. Katiedid says:

awww… the beard on the kitty in the first picture must be a hereditary thing too… hehe :-D

2. maralisil says:

heh-heh! very cute! “Rapt attention” indeed!

3. I love the hovertext for Prince Oreo! :D

4. hon glad says:

If I were King of the forest,not Queen, not Duke,not Prince
    My regal robes of the forrest, would be satin, not cotton, not chintz

5. I love teh names! OMB! I’m still laughing!
    And of course this gives me ideas of headgear for mah own kittehs & puppehs.
    (ebil hand rubbing)
    All of them appear to have been hitting the Royal Spiked Punch Bowl already.
    CUTE CUTE CUTE!
    Ok I’m done now.
    k’thxbai!

6. “Von Mississippi-Two-Mississippi”, hee, hee!!!

7. Brilliant names. Kudos to NOMTOM.

So, now we’re caught up in Cutesylvania. What’s going on in Proshia? Barooba? Viet Nom? Redonkistan?

8. Rapwnzel says:

lol @ dingus capshon

9. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

10. Kristabelle says:

Hon glad – that’s my favorite! I sing that ALL the time!!! :lol: (Of course, you have to sing it just like him…)

11. zeldapie says:

I gotta get me a shiny plastic dingus for my kitteh Nell, who believes in her heart and soul that SHE is a queen!

12. zeldapie says:

P.S. Then my Nick would need a jester’s cap, as he’s such a little clown. Nora would look lovely in one of those medieval pointy hats with a flowing scarf. YOU know the kind.

13. Valerie says:

The queen does not look happy to see you! Get this thing off my Freeakin head! LOL

14. Nancy (orig) says:

..the dingus! You are so funny.

15. essensual says:

Can Princess Gertrude also be a pirate? Pleaaaassseee?

16. hon glad says:

Kristabelle- Complete with wobbly vibrato!

17. skippymom says:

Oh, great. Eddy’s been begging me for a tutu (pink, of course) for months, and I’ve been saving up for it, and now I’m going to be expected to spring for a tiara AS WELL.
    It’s high time these freeloaders got theirselves some JOBS.

18. Jezebel says:

Being royal makes one very tie-tie!

19. alwayscataddict says:

NOMTOM – what I would give for the opportunity to see into your head! Your stories are superb.

20. metsakins says:

the last picture reminds me of my Handsome who could fall asleep sitting up and then the head would slowly lower and the spring up again and lower…..

He was the king of my kitties and he ruled over them fiercely, deciding who should sit where and who needed a cleaning….

21. chanpon says:

Yipes, Princess Gertrude looks like she has a goatee.

22. GingerBean says:

As I’m looking over these photos, the radio at my job is playing “It’s Good To Be King” by Tom Petty. Coincidence? …yeah probably. But a funny one!

23. Argyle Donkeypants says:

Don’t be sad, Princess Gertrude. Having a crown of dental fillings is at least better than having a crown of crowns.

24. Evangeline's maidservant says:

OH LOOK! I’m sure Prince Oreo is the long-lost brother of Evangeline, High Priestess of Bast and Bane of Greencrunchies; I recognize the attitude! And yes, this is absolutely one of the best of the best. Thenk yew.

25. Kristabelle says:

Oh-ho-oh-oh-oh-ah-ah-ah-NUTS! If I…If I…were KIIIIING!

26. Bwahahahahaha at the names!

27. Is Gertrude one of Frank Zappa’s kids?

28. Gertrude IS Frank Zappa. Er, was?… not certain how the grammar works, for reincarnation. :|

29. Well, you are what you are, you is what you is. You ain’t what you ain’t, and that’s what it is.

30. Which am all wrong, incidentally. :mrgreen:

31. Argyle Donkeypants says:

If Prince Valium had been able to stop Operation Vacuusuck, he coulda been king and looked like these guys.

32. AuntieMame says:

Gertrude willen on haven be Frank Zappa, I believe is the correct usage, Teho.

33. skippymom says:

Wait a minute–does Frank Zappa be dead?

34. Kallisto says:

Exactly my question skippymom. Can someone enlighten me on the Frank Zappa and Gertrude thing?
    Waiting with rapt attention…

35. OK, here are a couple of Wiki links… Frank Zappa and Gertrude of Austria

36. Chipmunks says:

Prince Poundcake probably resents the embedded margarine slur (hold cursor over picture) because all tasty poundcakes are made with real butter.

37. skippymom says:

Oh, right, of course Frank Zappa’s dead, now I remember. I think I was mixing him up with Bob Marley…er, no, also dead. Who’s the guy who isn’t dead? David Bowie? Then again, can anyone tell me why Keith Richards isn’t dead? Or is he?

38. Enjoy those jewels all you like. This is the last time you shall see them.

39. Hooray! I can’t wait to go home and tell Missy she’s an Internet star!

40. BonzoGal says:

Pheas: Proshia, Barooba, Viet Nom, and Redonkistan FT-FREAKING-W!!!

41. Katrina says:

“…used dental fillings,” oh, snerkity-snerk!

42. OMG DAVID BOWIE IS DEAD!!!! ON NOES I HAVE TO TELL TEH INTERNETS!!!

(sorry, just having rumor fun)

Also, I hereby appoint NTMTOM as the Freedonian ambassador to Sylvania. If there is a worthy heir to our great patriot, Rufus T. Firefly, it surely is he.

(The part of Capt. Jeffrey T. Spaulding, however, will be played by my old friend Joey Slotnick — thought you’d want to know, NTMTOM, in case you are in the greater Chicagoland area….http://broadwayworld.com/article/Joey_Slotnick_Completes_Cast_Of_ANIMAL_CRACKERS_Begins_918_At_Goodman_Theater_20090618)

43. eep sorry for clumsy linkage

44. skippymom says:

David Bowie is dead! Long live David Bowie! Yeah, let’s get this thing rolling!

45. Kings drool, Purrliament rules.

46. Abe Vigoda: NOT DEAD

47. (Leading chorus of bluehaired glitterbosom dowagers)
    “Hail, Hail Freedonia, land of the BRAAAAVE . . .
    a-a-a-a-a-a-a-d . . .
    FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!”

48. Leslie (not the author!!) says:

1: love the fact that the King is called King Ace………..THE 1/4th!!!!!!!
    2: tiara of d. fillings…..did Her Honor Martha Stewart come up, with such an elegant use of resources?
    3: SkippyMom —-actually, that’s QUITE the fascinatin’ qwerstyon. Why IS Keith Richards (who pretty much worships at the Altar of all things self-destructive) still ALIVE, yet John Denver (the cleanest, healthiest white guy ON THE PLANET) was struck down? Discuss, please….
    Peace & rhinestones to all

49. John Denver was messing about in an experimental single-engine pusher-prop. I can think of worse ways to go, honestly.

50. kibblenibble says:

Pheas: I enthusiastically and vigorously second what BonzoGal said!!!!!! I happily dwell in all of those kingdoms every day on CO.

51. Paunchie says:

Giddy, eager, and rapt! zzzzzz

52. To me, the first cat has the expression ‘Yes, I do deserve a crown. Carry on, Serf.’

The dog has a kind of ‘do what you like’ look.

The second cat seems to be saying ‘Piss off, it’s naptime. Just like 22 other hours of the day.’

53. skippymom says:

Abe Vigoda seems much less dead lately than when he first showed up on Barney Miller. Didn’t he have his own show after that, in which he was slightly less dead?
    And I thought John Denver died in a car crash. I don’t know nuffin’.

54. AuntieMame says:

Keith Richards is a zombie!!1!!1

55. Katrina says:

Hooray for Captain Spaulding, the African Explorer,
    (Did someone call me schnorer?)
    Hooray, Hooray, Hooray!

56. Katrina says:

The pug is wearing a Chambord crown on top!

57. skippymom says:

Theresa, that’s a lovely portrait of Queen Mary. I’d only ever seen pictures of her in old age. She was rather comely in her younger days, eh? (I have to confess–Oh Cute Overload what have you done to my mind?!–that while gazing upon her likeness I began to muse, “hmm, could somebody alter this photograph so that it shows a cat in the royal rack?” Oh dear.)

58. @SkippyMom, here’s an even earlier pic of her when she was “simply” Princess May of Teck. Look at that waist!!

59. skippymom says:

Oh my, I don’t even want to contemplate what kind of corsetry created that figure! (But a cat would look nice in the, er, you know.)

60. darkshines says:

I don’t know how to submit things to the site, but I figured Theo might be around….

This dog is baroo-ing SO HARD his head might just fall off, check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFq_eMv6x2g

In other news, Von Mississippi Two Mississippi is the BEST name EVEH!

61. @Darkshines, holy crap, that is STINKIN’ cute!!! LOVE that doggy.

62. Abe Vigoda’s show was called “Fish.”

63. skippymom says:

bserv, I remembered the name of the show, but for some reason didn’t want to let on that I did. You know how that goes sometimes?

64. Barney Miller, FTW!!!!

65. Leslie T. says:

I’m going to start putting a Post-It Note on my computer screen, reminding me of the original photo’s contents….we CO’s DO participate in wide-ranging discussions (meself included) …oh, yeah, it’s photos of animals w/ crowns on, THAT’s where we were. Okay.
    Bring on the next nifty CuteNess!!
    (I think it was the references to Abe Vigoda, that got my mind’s Soul Train seriously off track & into the ditches. His face should be considered a mindworm. He was a great guy personally; it’s just the visual in my mind’s eye ..)

Cuteness to all

66. @Leslie T, What??? SoulTrain!!!!!!!????????????

67. holligans says:

DO check out darkshines’ vid link – that is some serious baroo head swivelage!
    Loved the Queen Mary pics – how about Cats ‘n Corsets! (probably not too comfy for kitteh, tho)

68. Leslie T. says:

@ Skippymom:

“slightly less dead”????

NIIIIIIIIIICE!!!!!! (surreptitious *wink*)

69. saintstryfe says:

And note, the kittehs do not come with crown as illustrated.

/geekiest reference evah

70. AWW :) More kitty royalty :)

71. Katrina says:

Leslie T.- yes, CO is a vast stream of consciousness, with mandatory meandering.
    Great barooing with doggie going over to his sibling, to make sure s/he is still there. Doggie thoughts, doggie thoughts.

72. darkshines says:

Lol, maybe one of you guys could submit it, if you are smarter than me, which is very likely, haha!

73. Simon Nolan says:

Ha ha ha! I once had a beautiful cat named Hortense!

74. TheIglets says:

LOL at 2nd hovertext!

I thinks me age is showing. Sigh.

75. Abe Vigoda makes perfect sense. Cats love Fish.

76. Katrina says:

“What do the simple folk do?” Measure food and change litter pans, that’s what!

77. Katrina says:

So they say…….

78. Kristabelle says:

Wow, Katrina!! A Camelot reference! I love all the music from Camelot!!!

Now I will be singing The Lusty Month of May for the rest of the afternoon…

79. “Here’s Princess Gertrude Hortense Von Mississippi-Two-Mississippi, looking absolutely giddy in her tiara made entirely out of used dental fillings… ” *wonders how that still looks like an expencive crown after finding out DENTISTS made it….* lol and no offence dentists that read this…….