Cats ‘n’ Racks on CNN ‘n’ Ars

crJeanne Moos, stellar Offbeat CNN Correspondent, included our very own Cats n’ Racks in a recent report. Jeanne reported on a fugitive/C.O. reader who had a cheepmonnk in her cleavage during police questioning. Detectives were, um, speechless.

Check out the CNN action

Not to be outdone, Must Read Ars Technica writer Ryan Paul figured out a way to mention Cats n’ Racks in a recent Firefox 3.5 review. GBTI (God Bless the Internet)

Check out the Ars Technica action

Comments

1. I love that she did this while appearing as a character witness for a murder suspect. That’s the kind of woman I want vouching for me if I’m ever in trouble with the law.

2. gooeyctr says:

As I watched that CNN report yesterday, I could barely hear the voiceover. Instead, my entire focus was on that whac-a-munk in her cleavage while I kept thinking, “… ‘n’ racks! …’n’ racks!”

3. Lucy's Mommeh says:

Dear God. That’s too funny.

4. The python? I’m speechless.

5. Copperbat says:

I <3 Jeanne Moos so moishe!

I just loved how the gal kept stuffing the escapee back into her cleavage, but paid no nevermind to the other two other escapees wrestling their way out of her shirt. XD

6. Ah how quick. I see CO already has ample notice, before I’ve even had my coffee.
    Welp, here’s to cups that runneth over!
    I wonder if the interrogatee got busted?

7. earlybird1 says:

Oh Pyrit (wipes tears of laughter out of bleary morning eyes). God bless you!

8. alwayscataddict says:

Oh – that is just wrong on sooooo many levels!

9. Witness….’No my friend isnt a crazy psychopath, the squirrel says so” *squirrel pops out*
    Detective: ….
    Squirrel: *Slow Beady Stare*

10. I didn’t even realize who the correspondent was until I watch the video, then I was all, “OH HER!! I like her! :3;;”

I forgot that her last names was spelled Moos. That should warrant a nod here on CO just based on principle. =D

11. Katiedid says:

Now I am sad.. the video will not play for me :-(

12. mmmmhmmmmm
    There really is such a thing as a bad “____ in racks”.
    Poor skwerly. And that’s saying a lot considering how ebil they are.
    Wait! Mebbe that’s what he wants us to think, mebbe she’s really a robot controlled by the skwerl!!
    Red alert!!!
    What?

13. Katiedid says:

No.. wait.. it worked… O.O
    That woman’s shirt was about 3 or 4 sizes too small and that squirrel wasn’t the only thing about to pop out of her shirt if you know what I mean..

14. Kristabelle says:

I find it hilarious that she never mentioned the squirrel and the neither did the detective! Talk about the elephant in the room! :twisted:

Looks like the pretty Julia Roberts-eqsue girl with the duckling got some more coverage – perhaps she’ll be discovered!! (as well as those other animals n racks girls)

15. You know, I really don’t mind being a punch line, like this. Better us than some supposedly responsible politician, for a change.

16. Pyrit — no and yes.

17. From the Ars Technica article: “With a stroke at the keyboard, users can erect stiff privacy barriers that will prevent their Web surfing habits from penetrating the browser history and defiling the sensitive auto-completion system with incriminating data where it might arouse the suspicions of subsequent users.”

Gee, what do you suppose they’re getting at here? (Besides rivaling NOMTOM with the pun action.)

18. charliewabba says:

I love Jeanne Moos.
    First Amy Poehler (sp?) and now Jeanne Moos!
    CO, you are so A-list.

19. Juno — not sure, but I think they’re saying that Firefox 3.5 gives you one of these.

20. Melissa H. says:

I think someone needs to inform that woman about an amazing new invention called the brassiere.

21. Kiragirl says:

ditto,

and, skwerls ARE cute; that woman? gross, not a c.o.

22. I had a hamster and I tried to do hams ‘n’ racks but I don’t have a rack (I’m an A cup) so my hamster would always slid out the bottom of my shirt : ( That lil’ squirrel is lucky to have such a soft and warm little (or big) hiding spot.

23. Paunchie says:

Too much cleavage! OMG my eyes. Yowza.

24. Ummm… I don’t know what to say. About any of it. Eee.

25. The skwerl is her alibi. Or her aliboob?

26. All I know is I LOVE C.O.

27. thebladeroden says:

Squirrel: No skimpy tanktop can contain me! Timeto make my daring escape attempt! Who’s with me?

Every other body part of hers: Huzzah!

28. Valerie says:

poor squirrel!

29. ok, i could have used a bit more warning on the python. i should have heeded eleanor’s post.

i love how they had the sugar glider post from just a coupla days ago up.

30. kibblenibble says:

I hope that lady’s boobies didn’t get all scratched up. Poor squirrel, he’s all getmeoutahere!

31. holligans says:

THEO!
    I’m just… well… my goodness…

har!!!
    wotta great song!

32. Yes, Teho, brilliant song. Am now waiting for someone to create the female version.

33. That’s by Da Vinci’s Notebook, y’all. They’re a hoot and a half. If there are any HomestarRunner fans here, you may recognize them as the guys who did The Ballad of the Sneak. And if you liked E.P., you really should hear their version of Another Irish Drinking Song too. :D

(If you’re into iTunes, I recommend you get their whole album “Brontosaurus” there.)

34. Teho, I was a little afraid to click on that link, but OH MY AM I GLAD I DID!

35. lurkingsmirk says:

smuggling songbirds…with little houndstooth sweaters?? That’s too crazy 0_o!

36. Well… wow. I mean, hilarious (squirrel), grotesque (python), and sad (songbirds) for sure, but… CNN… really? You just presented us a song from from a cartoon called… “squirrels in my pants” as a part of your evening news……

37. marthava says:

My eyes… Oh..my GOD…my EYES!!!!! I wish I could unsee that.

38. can’t believe Swagger and I didn’t make it onto CNN… and i was *this* close… ;o)

39. the bug man says:

I feel the weatherman’s pain. I regret to confess that I was once asked, quite appropriately, “Is that a boa constrictor in your shorts or are you just happy to see me?”

40. rad_cuteologist says:

…what is seen… can not be unseen…………………. :O

41. good to see CNN is still concerned with providing hard hitting investigative journalism….

42. trouser snake

TROUSER SNAKE

43. Patty P says:

Theo and Bryn, LOLOL!

44. Mega supar props for the ArsTechnica name-check. Been visiting them for years…it’s on my list of best tech sources.

45. Does this poor soul know she’s now one of the most famous women in America, from the neck down?

46. eeyore19 says:

Wow…I can’t believe nobody’s mentioned “Rocky and Bullwinkle” yet! We had Jeanne Moos doing a story about a squirrel. I kept waiting for a Boris Badenov reference to come up.