California Blorpin’

In this man made bay

I’d be safe and warm
If I was in L.A.
California blorpin’
Stuck in Germanaaaay

GERMANY/

A California sea lion at the Wuppertal Zoo in Germany dreams of going home. By Ina Fassbender. Spotted by Ryan with no last name.

Comments

1. Mary (the first) says:

OMG I needed that so moishe! What a day.

2. Leslie (not the author!!) says:

Meg, meg, meg..

one of THA BEST SONGS EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    (thank you so much for the warm sunshiny feeling….)

3. Katrina says:

Blorpitude!

4. great lyrics, and lookit Mr. McPudgersons if ya will.

5. Just part of all of the great blorpiness awaiting you on the beautiful coast of California. Don’t forget these blorpish monsters o’ the deep: THE ELEPHANT SEAL.

6. That’s the best thing that’s happened to me all day. I’m gonna have that song in my head for ages now.

7. earlybird1 says:

“Someone please roll me over, I’m done on this side!”

8. skippymom says:

Shouldn’t this also be Cute Or Sad? (also, sympathy to Ryan, whose parents couldn’t afford a last name)

9. IBeing a left coaster, I’ve seen alot of sea-lions and that cuddly blob, is simlutaneously cuttiest and most obese Sea Lion I could possibly conceive of.

10. skippymom says:

The rough texture of that ledge where he’s lying looks pretty ouchy–but I suppose he can’t feel it through all the blorp.

11. He looks like a real life Dr. Seuss character!

12. freetomato says:

*sigh* I miss my California home (I am in the deep south now). Last summer when I was out west we went to San Francisco and the wharf was covered in hundreds of sea-lion blorpi-chunks sunning themselves. I could have watched them all day. I want to pet one – I wonder if they are as soft as they look?

13. Blorp lion looks like he’s getting ready for take-off – can that much blorp be airborne…?

Happy ear worm!!

14. AuntieMame says:

Blobbular!

15. You ARE a bratwurst, sir!

16. Pheas, that was just what I was thinking!!!

17. Von Zeppelin says:

Thanks for the Mama and the Poppas flashback. This guy looks mellow enough to be at one of their concerts, circa 1967.

18. 2catsonmylap says:

earss at 9 and 3!!!

19. TheGreatKatzini says:

This seal looks like I feel – far to hot and conked out… Yes, it’s now actually summer here in Germany. Hooray.

20. If you see anyone volunteer to give him a wafer thin mint, duck and cover.

21. Tractatus Blorpico-Philosophicus says:

Blorpapalooza! Ich sehe das Blorp.

22. chanpon says:

Err…time to hit the gym?

23. Redbone says:

freetomato,
    Here in the deep south, we still have big blorpy people to watch! Doesn’t that count for something? They make a lot of the same noises, too, though I’ve never heard a sea lion holler for more butter for its grits.

24. Leslie T. says:

ummmm….

Tag as Blorp, perhaps????
    Perhaps I have missed some crucial reason for the choice not to do so????

Yours in peace, butterflies, rhinestones, etc, etc.

25. I haven’t told Meg about the “Blorp” tag yet. I’ve been waiting to see how long it’ll be before she notices. ;)

(Meanwhile, I continue tagging and plodding on, alone, all alone in the wilderness…)

26. freetomato says:

Well, redbone, I too saw the article about the largest concentration of human blorpitude being in the south. I do love it here and have lots of friends, but I have had quite a wave of “California Dreaming” lately and am making plans to move back home once our boy goes off to college. When I get back home I intend to introduce my left-coast friends to such wonders as grits, boiled peanuts, pecan pie and fried okra :)

27. Freetomato, you have company. I’m also a California native, now in the deep south and dreaming of home and the blorpy seals off the coast.

28. Sooooooooooooooooo round!

29. Wow… I was singing along with that. :)

30. Blorporiffic!

31. Awwwwwww…………….such adorable blorpitude !

32. hon glad says:

Sealio- I will start my press-ups in a minute.

33. Holy blorpitude batman!

34. Carlisa says:

To blorpivion and beeeyawn!
    The whisker face is kilingk me!

35. Ich bin ein Blorpliner!

36. Lizzums says:

Mmmm… boiled peanuts…. Yep, Deep Southerner through and through…. anyone else tried peanuts in their Coke? I hear that’s a truly southern thing as well. I find it’s best in glass bottles.

37. Sounds like Theo is studying migration patterns.

38. Kristabelle says:

The Mamas and the Papas! AWESOME way to start my Faux Friday!!!

How very ‘Merikan of you, Meg!

39. zeldapie says:

Mein Gott! Solche Blorpiness!
    I think this sea lion has had a few too many Appfelstrudel und Schnitzel mit Noodels und things of this nature…

40. Katrina says:

Blorp-o-vision- in color! I wonder why people are getting so blorp-o-liciously fat?

41. January says:

Me thinks the kind german people are feeding too many heavy german-type fish dishes. Needs a California salad diet for a while.

42. Leslie (not the author!!) says:

Theo — when you’re plodding along, alone, wildnerness et al:
    How do you do the CO blogging? do you carry a laptop & a massive external battery?

43. Katrina says:

Leslie (not the author!!)- an extension cord of course, silly!

44. Lula Mae says:

ÜBERBLÖRP!

(awesome lyrics, too!)

45. Lula Mae says:

Whoskers McSchnizzle just crossed mind…

46. Carlisa says:

(wants to plop on the blorp)

47. Meg, those lyrics….
    Someone needs a holiday……….
    Thanks for the laugh!

48. As your friendly neighborhood marine biologist, I feel obliged to note that poor Mr. Bloorp is quite over-fed.
    As a lover of cute-ness, I must note that OMFGSNUGGLES.

49. Subhangi says:

O_O

50. Totally sublime.

51. Stopped into a pond
    I passed along the way
    Well, I got too many fleas
    yet I begin to play