Rule of Cuteness #43: Protruding bottom lips are cute

Espesh if they glisten in the light. This and many other rules modeled by pup Parker Promise Yoshi Deucenstein:

parker lip

Pic by Erinne. Rule discovered by Mark M.

Comments

1. SixFootJen says:

I bet that’s the new Liver Lover Lip Gloss.

2. chanpon says:

I personally think it’s the floppy ears and his teeny weensy eyebrows lashes.

3. Such a pout. Like ma useta say, “You could sit on that lip!”

4. he looks so… snorgle-licious!

and that’s a rather disapproving pout. :P

5. LibrarianJessica says:

Not sure about this rule. Perhaps when combined with other attributes it ups the cuteness, but I can think of some glistening lower lips that were NOT cute. Ah well. I’m not a professional cuteologist, though, so perhaps I’m off base.

6. Kimberly says:

That pout is irresistible!

7. Pup, your face is gonna freeze that way!

8. Pup is sighing for the old days, when as a famous pupographer, he took photos of “the road less traveled” as seen behind him.

9. 260Oakley says:

Sad pup thinks “Why do they keep calling me a boxer? I’m a lover, not a fighter.”

10. 260Oakley: I’m not sure it’s a boxer. I petsit for a pug mix who looks just like this little dewd. The only difference is that I’m not sure my client has ever sat still long enough to be photographed.

11. “Whachatalkin’aboutWillis?”

12. SQUEEEEE!!! Puggle?

13. Parker Promise Yoshi Deucenstein?!??!! that is one sweet name

14. milominderbender says:

Awww, cute boxer puppy. I’m sure it’s just paused in a brief moment of contemplation before going back to play or sleeping in adorable positions.

15. Hey Everyone! Thank you so much for the comments! He’s a pug crossed with and English bulldog. We’ve had him for 6 weeks, and he’s made us SO proud! e

16. Von Zeppelin says:

Erinne–so, part English bulldog? That accounts for the Churchillian firmness in that lower lip. Does he smoke cigars?

17. i just wanna plant a big kiss on that pouty lip! *mwah!*

18. Velvety ears . . . mmmm!

19. Melinda says:

He looks pensive, like he’s thinking about something.

20. Noelegy says:

Of course he’s thinking about something.

He’s thinking: “Bacon! Bacon! Bacon!” :)

21. tracylee says:

needs a bowler and a cigar?

22. Such glistening poutitude!

23. OMG, THAT IS A SET OF LIPS JUST BEGGING TO BE KISSED BY ME !

24. Arielle says:

i see an axis of snorgeling. right…THERE! (nuzzles soft puppy neck, tugs on earses)

25. is he a jug? i know part of him is pug and my pug has a near identical shiny lip! we need to start a fan club!!

26. hon glad says:

Zee Maurice Chevalier of zee puppee world.

27. I bet he uses that pout to get what he wants. A LOT.

28. Kristabelle says:

What a sweet face! It’s a good thing they are cute when they’re puppies, cause they certainly get in enough trouble!!!!

29. Valerie says:

I think I hear something! Better not be that cat again.

30. Katrina says:

What a lovely picture! Sweet puppyhood. Does he snore? Tell him to lay off the cigars, Von Zeppelin was only kidding. I hate it when they fall asleep with the things dangling……”just restin’ my eyes”- don’t believe it! Beautiful puppeh.

31. I instantly thought Chevalier, Churchill, or Hitchcock. The old Hapsburg leep.

I think the key here is the “glistening” — simply a protruding lip in and of itself is not evidence of cute, if I am reading the rule correctly.

32. That, good people, is the textbook illustration of a “Boo Boo Lip.” You’re welcome.

33. so cute his dogfather must be proud!

34. My money says that’s a pug cross not a boxer… Is it even a puppy? Does anyone know?? Agh! *stares at cute picture to dispel negative emotions*