THIS JUST IN: A baby bat yawning

Check it out after the jump!

Go ahead and Ju-ump!
[sing in David Lee Roth voice]

Picture 1

Exquisite battular find, Teresa C.

Comments

1. …but Oooooold Man River,
    He just keeps rooooollin’ a-loooooooong!!

2. Felicityanne says:

…or he could be in the middle of a battantrum…

3. I loooooveeee bats. I know that’s weird. but I think their faces are adorable and this little dude is exhibit A.

4. I think I’ve just seen the cutest thing ever.

5. “I vant a blahdy mary.”

6. Soooo tie-tie.

7. OHOHOHOH!
    I need it!
    I don’t get how people can be afraid of bats.
    They’re just so cute!

8. So then I died and was killed dedder than ded, but I was not sad because THAT IS OFFICIALLY THE CUTEST THING I’VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE.

9. oh my goodness. that’s about the cutest thing i’ve ever seen. ever. i just wanna touch it!

10. dunno, having been in cave of them grown yawners, my natural instinct is not for kissy-facing.

11. Bebeh bat is so tie-tie…upside-down zzzZZ

12. Apriltini says:

Awwww. So cute! Makes me want to cuddle it and stuffs.

13. Jimbeaux says:

LOL! My friends just came back from vacation, where they found their cabin infested with bats. They managed to get them to go outside without harming any of ‘em, thankfully. I think if they were cute little fellows like this, I might not’ve even kicked ‘em out!

14. fish eye no miko says:

No, it’s saying (imagine a cute little kid voice), “I’m a monster! Rar!”

15. Baby bat looks kind of gummy.

16. Kafkacat says:

I have been having a Bat Party every year for the last 9 years. Seriously. I have several boxes of bat-themed decorations and paraphernalia. And I think starting this year I will need to dedicate one wall of my place to CO bat pics! yay BATS!

17. Awww. Someone give him a dropper of warm milk and tuck him into bed.

18. DaytimeDeb says:

Anybody else catch themselves yawning?

19. Oh, yeah, I’m with Mr. McBattersons- so tietie- it’s McBeddersons time.

20. earlybird1 says:

Aww. Normally I wouldn’t put most bats in the “cute” category, but that little guy’s a keeper!

21. Hah, love the little fists-in-the-air-stretch.

22. The serious little face. The big baby yawn. Ah ehm his swave.

23. Baby animals yawning are cute, this little guy included. Human yawning loses it’s cuteness after about the age of five, in my unscientific observations!

24. I’ve always thought fruit bats looked like puppies with wings! How cute is that! A flying puppy! Can I please have a flying puppy?

They have dog-like snouts, unlike most bats. Though I don’t mind bats in general… (There was the time a bat got stuck in my apartment… I got it out the window, even though it yelled at me, poor thing was so tired and hungry, I think…)

25. Stressfactor says:

For Anime and Manga fans a new series…. Fruits Batsket! Link for the Manga impaired http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruits_Basket

26. Instant vindication! I told my boss just last night that I love bats and think they’re cute and he said, “Ew. I think they’re so creepy.” Hah! How do you like me now? (Goes off to set this video to play when he logs on to his computer)

27. Holy !@#!@! STINKIN’ cute!!!

28. Katrina says:

One, two, three, spread out your cape,
    aaaaaaaaaaaa,
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz……
    doing the nite-nites-bat!

29. Put him together with the classic lined-up Beady-Eyed Baby Bats with Binkies. One of CO’s finest hours.

30. I never thought a bat could be cute. I WAS SO WRONG!!!! Yay, baby bat!

31. super precious yawnies.

32. My head just exploded! I love bats! Last summer, we had a tiny resident bat hanging out in the awning at work. He was so cute! You could just stand there and watch him sleep all day. The tiniest honk-shu’s ever!!!

33. Scigirl says:

This is why I regularly donate to BatWorld Sanctuary. They do great work for such cute creatures!

34. awwwwwww!

35. Don’t you love how it’s rubbing it’s eyes like a person?

36. @Ann W., how completely adorable!!

I loved the bats in the Bronx Zoo World of Darkness– the cutest thing was the mommy bats, upside down, holding their tiny babies in their wings.

37. Lerrinus says:

OMG that’s adorable! It’s so small and cute and tie-tie! *squee* :-D

38. Well, this just proves my theory that all aminule bebbehs are cute;
    IMHO, they are also cute when they grow up…..
    Guess wut I’m trying to say is, that I love all animals; they all have the same right to life as we do; and they are all beautiful in their own way….. , as are we….. :smile:

39. WendyPinNJ says:

VERY cool. He so Key-ute!

40. kibblenibble says:

Him’s so tie-tie that he wobbles! Love how the ears wiggle as he yawns!

41. He makes me want to take a nap. I think there’s room for both of us in the comfy bed, little batski.

42. so cool, nice pic

43. I love bats and so does my roommate. I ran to her with the laptop and showed her the movie and we both melted. :D

44. I wants one! Adorable to the max!

45. Noelegy says:

Years ago, a friend and I stopped at Inner Space Caverns, just outside of Austin, Texas, and took the tour. Since we were the only two people on that particular tour, we got kind of an extra special tour, with bonus feature commentary. The guide took us to one part of the cave where pipistrelle bats were in hibernation. Those are the sweetest wee things.

Emphasis on “wee.”

46. My favorite part–the involuntary twitching of his ear when he yawns. *Warm and fuzzy sigh.* I could kiss it!

47. Cordelia says:

So cute!!

48. Awwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!1

49. Kristabelle says:

@Katrina – I see you’re still infected with the Batty-bat! :D

Teeny bat is SOOOOO tired.

50. Argyle Donkeypants says:

I want my babybat babybat babybat babybat babybat babybat babybat
    I want my babybat babybat babybat ….

51. Katrina says:

Yes, Kristabelle,
    I
    am.

Batty, batty, batty bat! But it is better than ‘Billie Jean’ anyday.

52. OMG SO CUTE
    i love batties so much

53. ..and now ‘d like some spare ribs, too, please…

54. OK, Ok, ok… more bat action… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIdI-X69y-c&feature=related

Seriously, check it out. He loves his little grape.

55. Katrina says:

Seneca- that is the cutest bat face I have ever seen. Ever. Check it out, Peeps. Prosh, just prosh. This will go to UCONN when Killer’s bigger bigger brother gets back to school.