Dis Just In, Yah: Red Panda Triplets

The Red River Zoo in Fargo, ND had a blessed event that’s about 1.5 times more blessed than usual: A rare set of red panda triplets.  And if that wasn’t enough, the mother was tracking down a murder/kidnapping suspect in a tan Ciera the whole time she was pregnant, dontcha know.

20pandasfront

20pandas1

Comments

1. Fargo, eh? Not too far to go for me…

2. Awwwwwww. So sweet. so cute. melted puddle of goo, can’t taketeh cuteeeeeeeeeee…………..

3. Red Pandas! They are The People’s Panda!

4. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee! *splodes*

5. Worth the wait!!!!

6. I want to read about the panda tracking down this person! Gotta respect a working mom and all.

7. PS Anybody else remember “Fargo North, Decoder”?

[Wasn't that on Electric Company? - Ed.]

8. Lalaith says:

*splodes from uber cuteness*

9. Red pandaaaa! They’re even cuter (dare I say it?) than giant pandas! *squee*

10. @Theo, yes, and what about Naomi?

11. Don’t know her.

12. huntsnipes says:

Marge Gunderson, Police Chief!

“I’m not sure I agree with you a hundred percent on your police work, there, Lou.”

13. harlemgrrl says:

pasickie! <=bringing it back

[It's just not Timberlake, though, is it? - Ed.]

14. Blondie says:

BABIES!!!! *pop*

15. With plates that read DLR. Meanwhile Mr Panda was painting a duck stamp.

16. OMIGOSH! Those are the cutest babehs ever!
    Lol, they kinda look like my Melvin!

17. Outta the far go and into the tri-ing panda.

(owch)

18. Red Pandas are the cutest animals on earth! Period. End of sentence.

19. Sporkles says:

good thing it’s only an hour away. Now I can see baby red pandas all the time!

20. berthaservant says:

Those red pandas certainly ARE cute, but they’re deadly, dontchaknow, ask Jerry Lundergaard, he’ll tell ya….

21. Bashful says:

Aw geez, momma doesn’t look real, she’s so darn cute.

22. Is that a wee tongue on the triplet on the left?! Beyond cute.

23. Claudia says:

Oh wow, momma is adorable too!!

24. Charlotte says:

I love how attentive momma’s face is in the second panel. Such a sweet little thing. And is it the just me, or do the babeh red pandas sorta look like furry kneesocks – I mean ferrets?

(PS @ mouchois – your Melvin is adorable! And I hearted your Etsy shop.)

25. I do so love red pandas’ glossy auburn coats. I wish my hair would be that colour!

26. catloveschanel says:

Betcha Marge wishes she had white eyebrows indicating extreme love and devotion.
    This makes me as happy as I was on Saturday when the gelato server suggested I sample alllll before making a final decision :)

27. danielie says:

So cute, and they’re newborns! Imagine when they turn red like their mom. :D

28. So, Red Pandas are like apples? They turn red when they get ripe?
    I’ll take ‘em now! :D

29. binky-mama says:

Dose eye capsules- dere pretty cute! You betcha!

30. binky-mama says:

Darn tootin’!

Ok I’m gonna stop now.
    ;)

31. surprising to see that they aren’t red yet when they are born!

32. Katrina says:

Red pandas are pink when they are born. Sooooo cute!

33. I volunteer to help Red Panda Mom take care of the babies! Three of ‘em have to be a handful for a single Mom!

34. Three? Well, surely they won’t miss one if I “borrow” it then.

35. Wait, pandas come in colors now? I’ll take 2 in pink and one in yellow, thanks.

36. The intro is strangely appropriate – it is Frances McDormand’s (aka Marge Gunderson) birthday today!

37. !? No kidding?

38. Von Zeppelin says:

While everybody’s making Marge Gunderson allusions, we’re all missing the key fact hidden in the hovertext of pic 1: they turn Red in a month. So these cute little fuzzballs will be come Communists after their mother has a chance to indoctrinate them. Is there no end to their Bolshevik perfidy? We should have been tipped off by the babies’ names: Fidel, Mao and Nikita.

39. Cynthia says:

Marge: “Say, Lou, didya hear the one about the guy who couldn’t afford personalized plates, so he went and changed his name to J3L2404?”

40. Elsajeni says:

How adorable! My local zoo (Houston) recently did a big advertising campaign promising that they were bringing in “The World’s Cutest Animal”… and they totally did, he’s a red panda named Toby.

(Being named Toby makes anything cuter. “This is my angry pet snake, Toby!” “Aww.”)

41. I wanna pat the panda I wanna pat the panda!
    I’m sorry my inner child seems to be leaking.

42. Katrina says:

Metz- leaking? May I disagreeeee- debuting? Welcome, ittybittymetz!

43. kibblenibble says:

Nose boops for babies and mama: boop boop boop BOOP!

(Sorry, no Fargo accent here…the only time I laughed in that movie was the wood-chipper scene at the end. A black, black sense of humor have I…*shakes head woefully, walks away*)

44. (wipes up puddle of goo) Sorry. :oops:
    I wouldn’t mind letting my inner child out more often if it weren’t for the mess it leaves behind. LOL

45. wuyizidi says:

Von Zeppelin,

As fellow cadre pookie has pointed out, Red Panda = The People’s Panda. As my first grade teacher taught me (1976, still Cultural Revolution), “the People are always right”. Isn’t that the basic assumption democracy is built on as well? So everything’s okay here. These “future hopes of communist revolution” will grow up in an ideal world where the workers own the means of production, like The People’s Banks (Bank of America, Citibank, …), People’s Insurance Company (AIG), People’s Mortgage Company (Fanny & Freddie), People’s Motors (GM, Chrysler)… Yay Ownership Society!

p.s. I’m in the process of adopting a kitteh right now. Her name is Nomi. I’m struggling between changing the name to either Claws Nomi or Chairman Mau.

46. *sigh* The only scene in that movie that was actually in Fargo was the first one in the bar. The rest was Minneapolis/St. Paul and Brainerd. We don’t talk like that!!

47. gravyboat says:

Red Pandas = easily in the top 3 cutest animals on the planet.

48. Kristabelle says:

YAY for more Red Pandas! The world needs many more of them!!! Be fruitful and multiply little ones!!

49. Katrina says:

Metz-I have one word for you- bibs.

50. I will never adjust to the fact that something so cute can have babies that are EVEN CUTER. What a world we live in.

51. Now I understand why this blog is called “Cute Overload.”

52. Noelle (the First) says:

So cute! My cousin recently had triplets and they are cute but just not quite as cute as this :) Now why couldn’t my cousin have had triplet Red Pandas?

Pasickie!

53. Noelle-what kind of tails do they have? *snerkity snerk*

54. chitadenita says:

Ja! Dat’s great, der. Dose Red Pandas look so gosh darn cute, ya just wanna wrap ‘em in some lefse, doncha?

Oooooh! I’ll be home in Fargo this summer for a visit. This is the first zoo pic on CO that I can go visit in real life. Hooray!

55. Ya hi there bebeh reds. Well you’ll never guess what now. I was visiting your eastern cousins out here this morning so I was. Ya, so, yer cousin racoons and yer cousin black bears here, ya yer Aunt Edna will fill you in, anyway, they all send you lotsa happy paws and snorts, mmmkay?

56. Noelle (the First) says:

Katrina…Very tiny, ringtails, almost invisible, but will come in handy later when all three are climbing on the furniture at the same time but in different directions :) tee hee

I do not envy my cousin, or this momma red panda, having to handle 3 young ones at once. UGH!

57. @chitadenita They will be on exhibit end of August.

58. Rapwnzel says:

Red pandas have such sweet faces. Such innocence.

59. I saw this last night before I went to bed, and I ended up having a dream that I was at the zoo, seeing these adorable babies with mom. :) Thank you for a restful night, CuteOverload!

60. Katrina says:

Noelle (the First)- How adorable! No, with three, one is triple teamed from the get-go. My best wishes to everyone in the ‘village’ in which they will prosper.

61. Jennie Mello says:

oh oh oh oh oh oh oh!!!!
    My absolute favorite animal in the whole entire world- and
    BABIES BABIES BABIES BABIES BABIES BABIES, too!!!
    Oh, I am soooo happy. Thank you.

62. Katrina says:

Jennie Mello has become Jennie Excited! Way to go, Jennie!

63. isn’t it sierra?

64. All,
    If ya click on the link at the top and go to the zoo website, you can see and hear them nursing!! OMG Too Cute!

65. chanpon says:

I can see Mom working out a plan to take over the world with each of her adorable baby minions.

66. I think this is one of those rare cases where the mama is just as cute as the babies. I snuggle with all of dem and squeeze dem and love dem.

67. I lurve the frequent Fargo references on teh qte. Makes my day! Also, RED PANDAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

68. I’m from a town just south of Fargo! I did not know about this, but I will be definitely going to the Red River Zoo when they start showing the babies!