Spelunkhead

Day 12: After consulting with the Sherpas, have decided to enter the cavern from overhead.  The entrance is dank and forbidding, and a foul odor emanates from within, but I remain undaunted…

dominayshons

Fetch me 12 feet of rope and a roll of Certs, Tanguera.

Comments

1. I have entered the death zone and must lower myself down into the dangerous cavern… IF I can complete this journey It will be victory for all cat kind the world over!

Climbing human mountain will always be the most dangerous adventure of any cats life.

2. LOL NOMTOM the hover text is perfect

3. and yes I watched all of season one of Everest… Didn’t you?

4. NutellaonToast says:

KITTEN!

5. Mary (the first) says:

I love how kittehs all seem to have that “climb the human mountain” urge. I think that human is not truly asleep, however. His tongue would have lolled to the side of his mouth due to gravity … he’s trying to entice the kitteh into .. something!

6. anastasia says:

LOL!!! that is soooo soooo sooo cute! It’s like the kitteh caught the dangerous human ear…..ahhhhn…i can hear the tiny noises kitteh makes and the enjoyable purring.

7. that thing’s got huge paws for such a small body.

8. chanpon says:

Run, kitty, run! It’s a trap. Like the devious angler fish, he’s trying to lure you in!

9. What a tiny, brave, kitty!!!

Hey, everybody, I finished my dissertation!!!

Maybe I too am a tiny, brave kitty — figuratively speaking. Then again, maybe it was foolhardiness, not courage… or whatever…

10. Von Zeppelin says:

Shaz, blessings and all good things to you. Have a few beers tonight, or celebrate in whatever mode your personal preferences, culture, and economic level permit.

Then, in a few weeks, you will be standing on the Ear of Uncertainty, preparing to enter the Open Mouth of the Dissertation Defense.

11. KatieKat says:

Well put, Von Z… *shudder*

That looks like the face of a man with needle-like rear kittayn claws embedded in his scalp.

12. Thanks so much. I really think I laughed my butt off. Brilliant!

13. Lower a canary in there first.

14. Shaz, congrats. After I handed mine in, I got on the no. 7 train and went directly to Shea Stadium. Happy days! And after I defended, I went to the Algonquin Hotel for a drink, and visited the lovely Matilda:

Don’t ask what happened after that.

15. PS With my tiny cat Mimi, she would always leap on me in the early morning, and I would bounce around under the covers, yelling “Earthquake! Earthquake!”

16. katzlover says:

this pic is great stuff on my cat pic! SOMC website is up for sale and i think cuteoverload should totally buy it!

17. DaytimeDeb says:

Um, Katzlover, isn’t this photo more of a “cat on my stuff” rather than the other way around? And no, for the dirty minded, I didn’t mean that stuff…

Seriously, the stubble must feel great to the kitty paws. But I would watch out, kitties don’t know when to use their claws or how to retract them gently. Older cats know how, they just don’t always do it.

18. Ooh, stalagmites!

19. Oh! Stick your paws in there. I darez ya. Go on do it do it do it

20. kibblenibble says:

The cat is Qte, goes without saying. There is even potential cuteness in the man, although from this particular angle, unshaven, and with unflattering facial expression, one can’t be sure, but…*any* man who lets a kitten sit on his head and taunts it with his tongue…okay, the hooman is cute, too!

21. puddlepeppers says:

@chanpon…Be careful, little kitty…that sound you hear is the siren call of
    the alluring angel fish.

22. 5^^now8ing says:

Canary. Stalagmites. Stubble as scratching post. LOL and a half!

23. Theresa and Von Zep, thank you. Von Zep, beautifully put. I’m hoping for at least a pity pass. And Theresa, I am headed to NY after my defense in two weeks, so maybe I WILL go visit the Algonquin for Matilda, the drinks, and the wonderful literary history. Great idea.

That really is the tiniest kitten. I think it would fit PERFECTLY in my handbag. I think I need it. Yes, need, not want. It can’t even be 6 weeks.

And anyone notice the particularly feline “intent” look? I love that look — kittens have it, some adult cats retain it. Anyone know what I’m talking about?

24. That man better be prepared to have his tongue grabed by some VERY SHARP CLAWS :twisted: SCREAMING will soon follow :twisted:

25. Catsquatch says:

And once again the captioning has me rolling on the floor….
    Now I gotta go wash the cat hair outta my mouth…..

26. gatita bonita says:

The terrain is awfully rough and scratchy!

27. claudemarie says:

did a doubletake, looked like my hubby for split sec there, but it isn’t of course. And we don’t have an adorable kitten coloured like this brave one, lol…. ours is all black.

28. Juniper Jupiter says:

Kitty: I will ask you agin as kyootly as I know how, cuz I AM a kitty,

WHERE. IS. THA. CHICKEN-FLAVORED. POUNCE TREETS!!!!

If you chooz NOT to answer, you’ll hafta smell what’s on this paw, which I dipped in that pile I found in the front yard!

Guy: NO!!!!!

(Wow, if there is EVER a “Caption me” contest! :D)

29. hon glad says:

Now what happens if I poke that pink thing in the cave.

30. Aelfwyn says:

Ninjakitteh: Yep, he’s dead. This is getting too easy. I’m running out of victims.
    Guy [dead of cute overload].

31. Oh no, it’s like “The Descent” except with kitties.

32. The EARS! The concentrating EARS!

33. Katrina says:

Shaz has finished
    Shaz can now go drinking or
    Collapse in a heap

34. Noelegy says:

My Philo, who weighs maybe 5 lbs., likes to come sit on my chest before I get up in the morning, and demand pettings by means of a gentle, repetitive paw-tap on my chin or nose. Hubby says he’s really just trying to get me to get up and feed him, but Philo will happily sit there as long as he’s being petted.

35. Fuzzalina says:

I luf you , NOMTOM. You always make my day. And teh kitteh (and dude) are also very cute.

36. Kitteh looks like she’s trying to decide what to do wif the guy’s tongue: Attack it, poke it, ignore it, or go on to peruse his eyeglasses……! Wot to do, wot to do, wot to do……. :roll:

37. Katrina says:

Now we have Two Doctors of Something or Other! YAY!

38. Adorable. Too bad my Zoi is too fat to sit on me.. [She tried once. I almost died.]