Inc-q-bay-shons

Could I slap the “Cute or Sad” label on this guy ANY FASTER!?

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! [singsong]

And no, we don’t even have a back-story on this one either, so don’t ask!

image001

Thanks, I think, Cynthia H.

Comments

1. oh heavens!

2. Lucy's Mommeh says:

Dear god. I think it’s a lot cute & a little sad.

3. That picture made my jaw drop!

4. fish eye no miko says:

Awwww… I’m guessing this poor babeh is an orphan, and they’re using the stuffed doll to comfort him.

5. zosterops says:

DO.
    FIND.
    BACKSTORY!!!

6. OMGBABEHLEMUR!!!1!!11 *splode* (at least I’m pretty sure its a lemur…)

7. Poor little splay-fingered leemuur!

8. chanpon says:

Well, they do share a slight resemblance in the eyes.

Oh my gawd, that is so precious and sweet, and yes a little sad. Not only puking but gagging on rainbows all over.

9. Awwwwwww. So cute… so tiny… so scared…. poor little baby.

10. Lucy's Mommeh says:
  11. Of course he’s called Gollum – perfick. <3

12. alwayscataddict says:

Back story: http://www.zooborns.typepad.com/zooborns/lemur/

scroll down almost to the bottom of the page

13. skippymom says:

Oh my gosh, those other pictures of little Gollum! So very wee, so helpless!
    Just today I booked a ring-tailed lemur to visit our library this summer. He’s, um, quite a lot bigger than this guy.

14. “…aww I just wanna dunk him in my coffee!”

15. thicktortiethintabby says:

How about “Cute or Scary”?

16. is that thing real?

17. ratchic says:

Tahina, what a sweet lil girl name (from story by ‘zooborns’, posted by alwayscataddict).

18. kibblenibble says:

Hims is tugging on my heartstrings, poor bebeh. Needs a momma. C’mere l’il guy.(Teddy bear has the same eyes as Stains, the dog.)

19. Now I am craving falafel. With lemur-Tahina sauce.

20. Feengers!

21. KathleenB says:

Poor baby! Glad she (?) has folks who care for her.

22. zeldapie says:

They’re both gettin’ goosed!!

23. Pore, sweet little bebbeh; awl on her own; (I’d love to give her a snorgle, but she’s so tiny I’m afraid I might squooosh her…… well, she has her companion bear to keep her company, so all will be well….. :smile: )

24. Mary (the first) says:

It’s sad that she’s orphaned, but isn’t it great that we live in a world where people can take in orphams like this and even have a stuffed mommeh for her?! So she’s not just .. well I don’t want to think about it. Long life, little Tahina!

25. Ayeesha says:

Ooh, in that URL you can see more pics of Tahina – and she has such pretty widdle green eyes!! Awwww.

26. poor ity bity lemur will have BIG nightmares for the rest of his life.He looks like he is scared to breath

27. Isn’t she precious…well some one had to say it with all the Gollum references.

anyway she is cute and I call matchings

28. it’s a sifaka, a type of lemur. here’s another link:

P.S. there is another baby sifaka right now at the Bronx Zoo! (as well as other baby lemurs too!) come check it out!

29. oh my! it looks like the lemurs from the disney film dinosaur!

30. aw.

31. Oooh! So sweet. I love the second pic on the zooborns website–she looks so girly! Big eyes, eyelashes and bright red lips. Such a sweet little face.

32. The whole Zooborns website is lovely. Espesh the pics of the collared lemurs. Where you can only see the head and a paw sticking out of the adult’s fur.

33. WendyPinNJ says:

@Robin: EXACTLY!!! I was tryin’ to place that wittle face! My kids have watched that movie half a dozen times at least.

Thank goodness we got the backstory! Phew!

Although, I suppose we could have guessed someone was looking out for the wittle, itty, bitty, wide-eyed babeh as soon as we saw the big wide-eyed stuffed bear!

34. Snowpea says:

Well regarding Gollum, it turned out okay in the end..

I can’t seem to find more stories of Tahina, even in French

35. Mary (the first) says:

Some days I wish I had a true life mama size bear to snuggle with that would protect me from the world .. snf.

36. what’s with the Don King hair ?

37. Did this make anyone else automatically think of the Harlow monkey experiments?: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~adoption/studies/HarlowMLE.htm

Poor l’il girl.

38. Bouviegal says:

Oh, it’s a baby Zooboomafoo!

39. Yes, Zoboo is a sifaka. Awesome.

40. I actually started to cry. :(

41. TracyFlick says:

It looks like that animal he befriends on Flight of the Navigator.

42. Lalaith says:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, poor little lemur. It’s great that his mother accepted him, even if it means he doesn’t get to come live with me……. :D

43. Nonsense. He will always be Smeagol to me.

** Gives a cuddle **

44. Subhangi says:

Awww, poor bebeh!

45. hon glad says:

Which one is the stuffed toy?

46. bunnywabbit says:

I adore his spidery fingers!

47. OMG baby sifaka! SQUEEEEEEEEEEE[splode]

48. Did you know we are evolving into lemurs? that lilt bebeh is your future.
    Sifakas are the ones that “bounce” across the ground. you can see them on YouTube.
    They are magnificent.

thanks for the lemurlove

49. mandy_Reeves says:

darn it! someone stole my zoobamafoo comment

50. Sharon Wilson says:

Mongatsika baby! (guessing at the spelling)

51. It’s sad, if you’ve seen the episode of My Gym Partner’s a Monkey, where they explain why animals have a strange attraction to puppets. Cause they were raised by a human hand concealed in a puppet that was supposed to look like the animal.

They had a flashback where Jake thought his mom puppet died, when the hand left. It was really like, “waaahhhh!”

52. Aww.