Meanwhile, at the Bargain Matinee…

"Will you kids stop wriggling about down there?  How am I supposed to sneak you in on one ticket if you won't hold still?!"

ATT00655

There's thrifty, and then there's just cheap, Janet B.

Comments

1. kibblenibble says:

They’re going to see “Fly Away Home.” A real tear-jerker for animal softies like me and most other CO peeps. Cute pic.

2. Awww. I’m amazed she could fit so many little duckies under there. I want to kiss each one of their beaks and nuzzle each fuzzy yellow head.

3. kibblenibble says:

PS Birdie tocks!

4. Is this the bird equivalent of smuggling people into a drive-in movie in the trunk of a car?
    (And yes, the little babies are very fuzzy and cute!)

5. We’ve been goosed.

Oh sure, they look all cute NOW, but just wait a few months, ’til they start pooping all over your yard and honking at you. Then let’s see how cute you think they are.

6. awww fuzzy ducklings!!!!! :D Muma is keepin’ em safe and warm.

if only they could hang out in bookshelves with kittens!!!

7. There’s thrifty, and there’s just cheep! cheep! cheep!

8. So adorable! Maybe they’ll even do a double feature! double cheap!

9. You know times are tough when even Mother Goose has to wing it.

10. Kristabelle says:

You guys are so punny!

11. Jezebel says:

Aw! What a good Mama!

12. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Canada goslings, not ducklings.

13. Katiedid says:

I count 5.. possibly 6 babies!!! I loves me some baby birds!!!

14. Ohmigoodness!! There is a family of geese just like this one that live on an off-ramp (well, on the grass by the off-ramp) of the highway I travel daily. It’s been adorable to watch the yittle ones grow up. I say hello to them every day!

15. She looks so proud of herself too, doncha think?

16. thicktortiethintabby says:

This is a lovely contrast to the sad story I heard this morning about two dozen geese in my city “mysteriously” having been drenched in oil. (I suspect otters.) Volunteers are going to be washing them with dish soap, natch.

17. chanpon says:

The one in back, completely under the wing, won’t have a good view of the movie screen.

18. All the waitresses in Fl will confirm…those canadians are cheap!

19. Yo, peeps: geese = / ducks

And, as J says above: let’s see how cute those geese are when they start crapping everywhere.

20. Yeah, I think you mean “Cheep” NTMTOM. :)

21. GEESHE! :D

22. This has fowled up my whole day.

23. Arielle says:

i love how mama’s like, “yup. these my babies. what of it?” and the babies are all snugglies. anh. (head tilt)

24. lsuhillary says:

For some reason I always read MATINEE and MANITEE, so I was really confus-ed by this photo!

[...sung to the tune of Olivia Newton-John's "Xanadu" - Ed.]

25. Where I live there are a lot of Canadien Goosies; they are brave birds & will rlly honk at you if they consider you a threat (except for my Lolbradoar, who intimidates the heck out of them. After they make a bee-line for the safety of the near-by pond, my leashed goggie just goes panting on his way, hardly noticing.) :lol:

26. AuntieMame says:

There are tons of Canadian geese here in Denver, and they’re filthy and disgusting, but the babies are sure cute.

I saw some the other day in our parking lot that looked like they’ve reached that awkward teenage stage. :D

27. Starlinguk says:

Goose! Goslings!

I must say, geese are also excellent contenders where disapproving looks are concerned. AND haughty looks.

Excellent watchdogs, J.

28. Starlinguk says:

In York they’ve concreted over the area around the river where the geese used to graze. Now they’re wandering all over the parking lot instead. The reasons geese are “in the way” is because us filthy humans (“let’s face it, we’re just parasites on two legs”) have paved over their patch.

29. Aww, I used to live near a two-dollar movie theater. When you live near one of those, there’s NOTHING you won’t see.

30. oops, I was half asleep when I looked at this, clearly!

31. BabyOpossum says:

To add to Starlinguk’s point, I wonder how abundant “filthy” Canada geese and their poop would be in urban/suburban areas if we humans hadn’t built expansive grassy parks, lawns, golf courses, etc. everywhere. We create habitat for them and then whine because they inhabit it. Anyway, lovely pic. So sweet!

32. berthaservant says:

Are they catching a double-bill?

Perhaps “Footgoose” and “Igby Goose Down?”

33. Not only that, but she* has room for 6 more under the other wing.

* Or he, if it’s the daddy.

34. bwahahah! I see shifty eyes too.

35. Precious!

36. SamanthaM says:

I agree with the disapprovingks and haughty stares. Canadian goslings are terribly cute. Canadian geese are just terrible. I just wish they would go away. I don’t even think the Canadians want them, either. Surely there’s a bird-free island somewhere we can take them to and let them free.

I work for a large insurance company with several buildings on its campus. At the K building, the doors are coated with a slightly reflective substance and tint, so effectively it’s a wall of mirrors. The geese would peck furiously at their reflections, not only being a nuisance but giving the receptionist the impression that she was only one vestibule away from being attacked.

37. Rooanne says:

I guess this is where the expression of taking someone under your wing comes from.

38. Ah, so fluffy! I wish I could pet a gosling, but that’s not actually such a great idea. Geese seem to be very possessive of their young. When I last visited the St Louis zoo, a pair of Canada geese were preparing their nest in the lake area that some pelicans and other birds share with them. Whenever one of the giant pelicans would approach, the smaller goose not on the nest would hiss and rush at it until it scampered off. You go, little guy!

39. lol

40. puddlepeppers says:

pyrit…Your comments make today totally…er, totally…er, incredibly…a helluva
    lot better!

41. Subhangi says:

Canada goose, right?

Cute bebehs!

42. Space Cowgirl says:

Am new to Canada and loving the geeses. They are so elegant and beautiful. BF is a Toronto native and insists they’re a menace.

I highly suspect the geese were here first regardless. I don’t think they should make their nests in traffic medians for their own sake, though.

43. Yay @ starlinguk! There’s another Yorkie here! Don’t worry though, the geese get their own back by giving the evil eye to drinkers at the Kings Arms.

44. Haha! i love the caption.

Sneaking in with one ticket. XD

These ducklings are huge! Lovely colours. XD

45. Birdcage says:

I live near a lake in southern Ontario and there are Canada geese everywhere. They can definitely eat and poop their way through some of our nice lakeside parks, but the majesty of watching them fly in giant V formations over my house makes up for it. Recently I witnessed some Canada goose behaviour that brought tears to my eyes. A lovely mature goose had been sadly hit by a car and killed, and its mate stayed beside her body for days, honking loudly and protecting her body from traffic. They are very emotional, sensitive creatures. We can not say definitively how long a goose will mourn for a lost mate, but they mourn for some time, and mourn deeply.

46. Carlisa says:

*tucks popcorn, Lemon Heads, Rolos, and Jujubes under the other wing*

47. Space Cowgirl says:

Note that it’s a federal crime in Canada to mess with them – too bad, I’d love to grab a gosling and stuff him in my mouf.

48. Blueindy says:

I love it when the goslings start getting big but they’re still covered in that baby fluff!

49. who submitted this picture? my mother’s friend is the original photographer…