Purveyor of Cute Pictures? Or Shameless Corrupter of Innocent Young Minds?

Concerned citizens!  There is a new threat to the moral well-being of our nation’s youth:  The so-called “Interwebs site” known as Cute Overload.  Do not be fooled by its innocent facade, for behind it lies anti-social behavior, wantonly displayed in full view of impressionable young minds.

Why, just last week, this den of vulgarity displayed a photo of youngsters engaged in “butt-biting.” And sure enough, others began to imitate the vile practice.  If left unchecked, butt-biting leads to disease, Communism, and worst of all, dancing.

cat-buttbite

Our grateful thanks to citizen Kris M. for bringing this shocking matter to light.

Comments

1. marthava says:

Side Yannng!!

2. 260Oakley says:

Another tail-biting episode of “The Sound and the Furry”.

3. Oh, this is just awful. He’s already bitten that poor grey kitty’s tail CLEAN OFF!

4. Lizzums says:

RUNNNN!!!!!!! The zombies are coming!!!!!

5. Kristabelle says:

Oh my gracious! It’s like he’s got the unhinged snake-jaw going on! :o

6. Duck and cover, gray kitty! Duck and cover! Find a wall in the middle of a field! Cover your head and protect your eyes! That’ll protect you from being butt-bitten!

7. Leilani says:

Grey Kitty: Feets, don’t fail me now!

8. puddlepeppers says:

Butt-Busters!

9. Katrina says:

Oh, the next miliseconds… three, two one and “ARRGHGRGRHRGRHRGHGRHG!”
    “RRRrrreeeeeiiirRRrrr”, swat – swat – leap!!! Yes, children this is how Lurrkensproingeninen can doom us all. Thank you, NOMTOM for telling us all about it.

10. GingerBean says:

This is going to make me giggle all day long! Is anyone else as greatly amused as I by the ad for the book Atlantic Unleased on this site as I am? The male torse with the strategically placed sword is so….so…subtle. ;p

11. Camille says:

Ah, if you repeat these kitties in an infinite chain, you’ve got another excellent wallpaper border for those who didn’t like the dog-eat-dog border from last week.

I am expecting to see a Cute Overload home decor site sometime in the future!

12. Oh there’s a name for it now? I suppose everyone will be doing it then…

13. I hope the defendant has a very purrsuasive rebuttal.

14. Noelle (the First) says:

Has CO truly contributed to this increase it butt biting, or are we simple more aware of the signs of what has been an ever present problem? I think this calls for a new rehab….”butt-bitinghab”. These young kitties need to be made aware of the dangers of but-biting addiction. Sure it seems all innocent now, that is until you end up on the streets biting strangers!

15. Om nom nom nom nom! Nomph!

16. chanpon says:

Kitty-rump-roast? So dee-lee-cious! Om nom nom nom

17. Kissyfur says:

Butt biting and Communism, who would’ve thought.

18. Jezebel says:

It’s terribuhls! And shockingks!

19. Desdemona says:

@Katrina — ah, yes, the strategic butt-bite is indeed the beginning of all-out war. Complete with loud sound effects, chasingks and reverse chasingks (where the chasee turns and becomes the chaser) all following some complex rules that we humans have no clue about. We only know the end-game, as I learned while in the midst of a peaceful Sunday afternoon nap, when a chasee dropped from the bookcase directly onto my stomach . . .

20. curiouscreature says:

i love the butt biting pics. they make my week. seriously

21. brinnann says:

OMG GingerBean I didn’t even notice the sword until you mentioned it! :lol:

22. gfeeser says:

Are we sure this isn’t the more benign “tock tasting”?

23. Katrina says:

Desdemona- and the poor innocent bystanders get it the worst.

24. wuyizidi says:

Oh I see what you did there CO! You pretend to be against this new social menace, but you profit from sensationalizing it – “Tonight, on WOMG News, part 2 of our ongoing investigation into the new pet craze, the kids call it butt chomping (we call it Communist Fist Bumps), complete with gratuitous images. Parents, should you be scared?!”

25. Hmph. Are they promoting butt-biting, or simply reporting what is going on out there? Are you shooting the messenger? And could we dare to face the possibility that butt-biting is simply what the people want???

26. PS The ONLY butt that ever gets bitten by a kitty around here is MINE. SO THERE!

27. Of all of these horrible, awful, terrible dangers of butt-biting, like the afore-mentioned disease & Communism: …… the Dreaded Dancing is the worst!!!!
    O Noooooes!!!!!! : Depravity is looming just around the corner…… :shock:

28. Uh oh that looks slightly painful run kitteh run!

29. Von Zeppelin says:

What makes you assume these cats are innocent? They may have been plotting all manner of fiendish behavior, and butt-biting is the least of it.

30. Who’s assuming? :P

31. Chill, peeps! It’s all consensual. This is just a meeting of the local Feline Pac-Man Reenactors Society. Ghostie will have his revenge at the next level.

32. you see!! jennifer graytail is getting her butt-bitt on co today, tomorrow every Jr. Prom in the country gets shut down!

boogaloo my bit butt!!!

33. AuntieMame says:

Not…dancing! *gasp*

(Reminds me of an old joke…Why don’t Southern Baptists have sex? Because it looks too much like dancing.)

(And I am a lifelong Southern Baptist, so I’m allowed to tell those kinds of jokes.)

34. catloveschanel says:

“tsk, tsk” said the disapproving Cape Rain Frog. Everyone knows that dancing leads to drugs.

35. Lucy's Mommeh says:

Made me snerk…

36. Butt nomming!!

37. Juniper Jupiter says:

He’s just aboot to receive a moufful of CATBUTT COOTIES!!!
    CHOMP!!! :D

38. @Auntie Mame–
    Q. Why don’t Episcopalians attend orgies?
    A. Too many thank-you notes.

39. Paunchie says:

(hanah barbera feet scampering noise)

heh.

40. wuyizidi says:

@Theresa – it’s a classical case of “nature vs. nurture”. Sure the kittehs are born with the instinct for butt-biting. But at the same time who can deny young minds are extremely impressionable, that when presented with cool, glamorous images of butt-biting, they will think it’s the acceptable thing to do? For these kids the messengers are the promoters, whether they likes it or not. In the end it’s not nature or nurture, but the interactions between the two.

/goes back to full time job of ‘reporting’ unacceptable teen behaviors at MegaMedia Corp
    //guilty

41. Paunchie says:

Gee mr. atlantic unleashed, are ya glad to see me, or is that a banana in yer pocket?

*snerk*

42. @Juniper, the Cat-Butt Cootie– isn’t that some kind of line dance? I think I’ve seen it at weddings. Not Baptist weddings, of course.

43. No, no I remember now! It was a novelty song in the 40s, by Louis Jordan– “the Catt-butt cootie with the floy-cloy,” or something like that. Oh well :roll:

44. skippymom says:

Theresa, as an Episcopalian (lapsed, but still officially one) I find your little joke to be in extremely bad taste, but I honour your right to tell it. (snicker)

p.s., I never got back to thank you for telling the story of Stinky the other day. It sounds as though your relationship with him was much like mine with Skippy.

45. stpatme says:

Oh No! Not Communism!

gfeeser says
    “Are we sure this isn’t the more benign ‘tock tasting’?”

Butt-biting leads to Communism. Tock tasting leads to Socialism. I Know. ;-)

46. SkippyMom, thanks. I miss him every day.

47. homer mariner says:

Oshiri kajiri mushi! Butt-biting-bug! It’s a popular cute thing in Japan. I see the cuteness has been captured by them once again…

48. Lerrinus says:

Butt biting?
    Must be Monday! ;-)

49. i_wuvs_puttins says:

Bun tag!

50. NO SCRIBBLES, NO! Love that crazy look in his eyes :D I think we need an extreme close up on this one!

51. Delta Sierra says:

A few years ago I had two cats, Abigail, a sweet grey DSH, and Beaker, an exotic Siamese, the snaky-face type, also very sweet. One day I noticed that Beaker was beyond grumpy, unusual for him. So I examined him all over. He had a bite mark on his butt, right smack in the middle, if you get my drift. Off to the vet, $60. A couple of months later, Abigail is grumpy. Examine her butt. A bite mark, exact same place as Beaker’s bite mark. Only this bite had only one fang mark. Think about it… clearly, Beaker’s other fang had gone cleanly up her, um, anus, doing no damage at all. Off to the vet, another $60. So now there’s a standing household rule at our house: no one bites anyone on the butt, at all, ever.

52. essensual says:

Why isn’t there a chompin ‘hance….I’ve been waitin….and waitin

53. omg what a perv. LOL

54. Another scene from Jon & Kate +8. Guess which one is Kate.

55. Ah, Theresa, which kitty bit your poor butt :evil: Tell kitty “no, bad kitty.” :)

56. i WANT my Butt Bite!! :0