Boxhab, Big Time

Size doesn’t matter, you know.  It’s true.
lion cub plays in box
Kittens are kittens, and boxes are boxes.  (CBS/AP)

Comments

1. Can we get a close up on that paw pad in the last pic? It’s a perfect leetle pair of paws tumbling out of frame…

[I wish!! :( – Ed.]

2. The little toe pads as the kitten tumbles over! Squeeee!!!

3. I always wanted a big cat for a pet. Not only would it be fabulous in most ways, but also… My fantasy: Someday, someone would break in, and I would say “I’ll sic my cat on you,” And they’d laugh, and then my tiger would eat them all up. Or lion, or panther, or leopard, or … you get the idea.

May I have this little one, paws and all? I’ll provide boxes.

4. By the way, this is the zoo where the photos were taken.

5. Legotech says:

That’s some tough love from mom, but if you don’t talk to your kitten about boxes, who will? :)

6. Jillian says:

Mom just pushed her cub over the edge! Look at the angles of her head in each frame!

7. two silver cats says:

Mom’s expression in the last pic is one of “yup…. he definitely takes after his father.”

8. Kristabelle says:

Well, this certainly makes Caturday for me!!!

TOO cute!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Big Cats!

9. Great picture sequence! I love how all that’s visible of the cub in the last shot are his/her little back paws!

10. Lerrinus says:

Baby go boom! :-D

11. Subhangi says:

SQUEEEEE!!! The itty bitty paws in the last shot! *splode*

12. chanpon says:

That looks like some tough love box-hab from Mom there.

13. floppy cat says:

Paws Up!!!

14. Looks like he stood up to snorgle, and lost his balance in the process of snorgling.

15. Aw, boxed cub…can I pick it up at the grocery store?

16. Somebody catch the falling baby!

17. Man, cats are great. You’re never bored if you have a cat. You may be picking up after them, you may be cleaning, but you will not be bored.

18. Perfect way to start a Caturday! I can’t handle the cuteness of that last photo–tocks and toebeans…the Cute is powerful in this one.

19. Natalie says:

There need to be a boxhab section for photos. :D

20. Katiedid says:

OMG!!! Tough love.. hahaha
    I love the little paw pads in the last picture!!

21. berthaservant says:

Momma cat is clearly an enabler. (Great find Theo!)

22. junkfoodmonkey says:

Proof that kittehs don’t always land on their feet! Not the big kittehs anyway.

23. Oh, and, this could be a cartoon — the last frame, specifically.

Ok, now I need to go write my last chapter instead of staring at lion cub paws…

24. claudia says:

LOL! the last picture… oh lordy talk about making my day brighter.

25. RevWaldo says:

(sigh) That boy ain’t right.

26. Katrina says:

Now, put the puddy in it’s own box, not on top of anything else or Dagmar and friend will come get you! SwoooooooooP!

27. I think both Momma and bebbeh are in lurve with the box; (mebbee Momma wanted the box for herself……) :wink:

28. harlemgrrl says:

h/t to nikki on tocks and toebeans :: guffaw ::

29. That last photo is so adorabuls!!

30. Dem so pudgies!

31. Kallisto73 says:

ZOMG, the last pic, where only the paw pads are still visible… Gasp! That’s so sweet.

32. platedlizard says:

It’s so sad when they start their box addiction young. :'(

Clearly we need to send in a DARE officer.

33. @gyrt — they are adorable! Love the wrinkly, pudgy bellehs…

34. Were bananas shipped in that box?

35. hahaha i love how you can see the little paw sticking up in the last pic

36. Paunchie says:

BA HAHAH HA HA!

37. 260Oakley says:

Big cat is just trying to get little cat out of the box before Schrodinger comes back to finish the experiment.

38. Samantha says:

Ahaha, I love the little feetsies poking up in the last panel. This is no laughing matter though! Kittehs around the world are getting addicted to boxes younger and younger these days, even to the point where their mamas have to literally take the boxes away to get their baybehs to stop. This is an epidemic and we must work together to provide boxhab for troubled kittehs everywhere so their mamas don’t have to do the same.

39. i_wuvs_puttins says:

Tumblin’ toe beans!

40. Guess what? Lion butt.
    Tiny hiney lion butt.
    Chubby cubby butt.
    butt. butt. butt.

Mom sez, “I know all the other kids are into boxes, but don’t be a copycat.”

41. Love the secuense and the last pic with the pads is amazing

42. *singsong* Oh, it’s my Kit’ in a Box! It’s a Kit’ in a Box, babe.

43. DaytimeDeb says:

That’s what happens when you play with boxes…. you’re gonna get turned.

44. In that photo that gryt posted the link to — you can see big scratches on the human hand on the left.

45. Soraiya says:

Hi Mom!
    Mom?
    Ma?
    Maaaa

46. Little tootsies!

47. noooooooooooooooooo…….. wait for it………splash in the kitteh pool!

48. puddlepeppers says:

Do we know what zoo this is? I been scanning CBS lion cub stories, found
    one about a little one “accidentally injured by its mother” that is recovering OK
    and having fun with toys brought by the zoo keeper taking care of him.

49. Sharon Wilson says:

This totally reminds me of the “Fat Cat Capsizing” sequence! Cute Overload should market a poster of this!

50. You should have said it with Horsemeat Tulips®

51. Aaaaaaaawwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT is just toooooo precious!!!

52. Haha! I can´t believe that it´s totally ingrained in all cats´ DNA, even *lions*, to be into boxes…. :)

Brilliant.

53. lol.

I can even see the big cat saying “dumbass”. Some how that saying and this pic reminds of my father when he’s giving tough love.

54. puddlepeppers says:

Patito Gigante…Y’know…saying it with horsemeat tulips would be a great way
    to help a lion cub feel better fast. Is there an 800 number? LOL.

55. Argh! Super cute! I want the paw from the last image!!

*Mama! Carry me! I want to ride on your back!*
    *No, it’s time for you to grow up.*
    *Nono~ I’m falling~ *
    *Tumble. Fall.*

56. katzlover says:

heh in the last pic momma is all like “huh now where did that bebeh go???!!??? he was right here a sec ago!!!”

57. See kitteh, this is why boxes are bad for you. Your feet are trapped, so with the slightest push you fall back like a plushy stuffed toy.

58. Hopefully its not a far way from the ground.. o: