Even though you’re only as big as my paw, you’re still my BFF

I also like friends that CAN’T RUN AWAY FROM ME!

leopard-mouse bffs

I think they’re wearing matching BFF necklaces, Catherine!

Comments

1. chanpon says:

Is this kind of like the real life version of Aesop’s fable “The Lion and the Mouse”?

2. Wow, a meat eating rodent!

3. Hee!

Check out the claw space on those feet (on the big kitteh). Impressive… from a safe distance.

4. Say it with Horsemeat Tulips®

5. Eee! Where did this come from? I must know if the mouse ended up in the kitty’s gullet or not… XD

6. puddlepeppers says:

regal spotted skin and mousekins

7. Camille says:

The leopard needs to pick on a rodent his own size. Or at least similarly scaled. Perhaps a capybara, or a Rodent of Unusual Size.

8. I think I’ve failed. the Leopard nudges the mouse with his mouth and the mouse just keeps on eating, it’s pretty cute :)

9. MadameX says:

“Mmmm! Un petit rodent for an appetizer… Garçon! Bring me zome Grey Poupon! And a glass of… uhm, what goz well with mouze? Alors, champagne zuits ev’ry meal. Dom Perignon it iz, then.”

10. Von Zeppelin says:

“How curious! One of my meat morsels seems to be moving.” *Slurp* “Not anymore. Hmmmm. Crunchy. . . fuzzy. . . different.” (burp)

11. Gorgeous. Inspirational.
    I think the leopard has a soft spot for teh mowsie. I think it’s that spot riiight there.
    Or maybe it has a blind spot…
    But not a hungry spot.

12. So sweet… Even big kitties can be gentle!

13. they are both sooooooooo cute!! >_<

14. I think the leopard is intimidated – a mouse that gutsy has got to be packing heat.

15. Soooo cute! What’s that furry little fella doing over there? XD

And OMG! This is super sweet!

Kissing! *melts*

16. Lol @ Sniper

17. Look at the paws, peeps– they look gigunda.

18. MadameX says:

O.M.G!!!

The picture of the leopard nudging the wee rattie is too sweet!!!

19. OMG, little mouse, RUN!!!

20. danielie says:

That leopard is beautiful. And the mouse is so cute. This picture is amazing.

21. You realize that ten minutes later that little rat fell over dead from a heart attack.

22. Go to the website with the other pictures on it! The one where the leopard is nudging the mosue is great–the mouse is knocked just a bit of balance, but ignores the cat and keeps eating. It’s very cute.

23. wannadance says:

oh, lordy. i thought the little pink things were mouse infants or something and i was nearly ill, until i got a large upclose and the longer version, then i got sorta over and just felt slightly disturbed.

not feeling well, should be looking at lil kittehs and flowers and stuff. but then the leopards feet struck me as so funny, esp. the front ones, like some weird rain clogs. and so then i loved the leopard since i wanted his shoes.

welcome to my tangled mind…

24. Subhangi says:

Good lawd. Is that a mouse?!

So cute.

25. hon glad says:

Spot the difference.

26. Aelfwyn says:

xime, lol!

27. jackie31337 says:

“Leopard project owner Jackie James added: ‘My son threw meat in for the photographers….'”

Misplaced modifiers for the win!

28. OMW!! THAT is just toooooo precious!!! Beeeg kitty vs Leeetle mousie! And Mousie WINS!! LOL! Love the little nudge Sheena (the beeeeg kitty) gives Mousie.

29. Charlie says:

Mouse is for snorgle not for noms :D

30. Starlinguk says:

The Daily Wail reporter needs to learn the difference between a mouse and a rat.

I like the picture where the leopard nudges it and the rat just pulls a “gerroff!” face.

31. bunnywabbit says:

That cat’s feet are so big he looks like he’s wearing fuzzy slippers.

32. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Since Sheena has always been given food, she may not even know how to kill anything. Kittens have to be taught that extra step (after capturing it and playing around with it). And I’ll bet that mousie has been showing up regular-like. Who wouldn’t for a free meal? (While rats and mice are omnivores, they are mostly herbivores. Their source of meat is insects, worms, and the like, but a good, free hunk of something else will do just fine.) End of lesson.

Plus she’s probably thinking, “Should my food still be moving? Could I get a little help here with this situation?”

33. “That’s the rat who spot my paw”

34. Kristabelle says:

Wow, that is really cool! Little rattie will not be disturbed during his meal! Harrumph!

35. Blondie says:

@Camille LOL! R.O.U.S.’s? I don’t think they exist.

This is a precious shot.

36. Caitlin says:

Aaaah! Three rat posts in what, two weeks? So exciting! I love photo #2.

37. i’m a leopard

he’s a leopard

wouldn’t you like to be a leopard too?

a tenk-yew

38. That cat looks like it’s ready to engage in some serious chompage. Looks like he decided to take the high road, though. Thanks for the link xeph!

39. What misplaced modifiers?

40. No Danger Will Robinson jokes yet?

41. harmlesslittleflea (Clare) says:

Oooh, I just knew this was going to turn up here today. :)

Go to the dailymail.co.uk link posted by xeph, people. The snorf is the best pic. :D

42. The reason the big kitty is being nice to the rattie: she has a large thorn in her ginormous paw that the zoo-keeper has consistently overlooked; we missed the fourth pic-frame, which showed the rattie laboring mightily to remove the offending thorn; the fifth frame showed the victorious rodent waving it triumphantly in the air, as the relieved leopard happily licked her sore foot…… :lol:

43. OMG the picture where the leopard pushes the rat with her nose looks like she is snorfing the rat.
    LOLOL

44. katiebug says:

Possible the rat has toxoplasmosis? From wikipedia: ” It has been found that the parasite has the ability to change the behaviour of its host: infected rats and mice are less fearful of cats — in fact, some of the infected rats seek out cat-urine-marked areas. This effect is advantageous to the parasite, which will be able to sexually reproduce if its host is eaten by a cat.” Either way, cute pictures!

45. Paunchie says:

That is a rat, not a mowsie. And it’s kinda gross he be nibblin RAW MEAT. Ew.

Come on kitteh, just put yer giant paw down. On hims haid. She flinched like she was sckeered of it. Come on girl, no leopard can be so shy! You are ferocious! Rawr. RAWR! *ahem*

46. Starlinguk says:

Yes, look at them big pawses, she could just go KERSPLAT.

47. berthaservant says:

danger tag, indeed, but no “matchingks?”

48. “Why the **** is my food moving? What the ****? This is disgusting! Someone call the manager!”

hehe

49. Wordgirl says:

One Monty Pythonesque paw down from the heavens (from the rat’s POV) ought to do nicely. Gorgeous (if somewhat confused) cat.

50. how cute is that!!! aww, reminds me of my kitty with my ratties. (except that IS a mouse in the picture, not a rat). i cant get enough of that nose nudging!

51. ok i lied, it’s rat. my bad!

52. Only as big as its paw? More like a single toe!

53. brinnann says:

I dunno how anyone managed to capture these shots. My squeeing would’ve startled both the rat and the kitteh! And I doubt the shots would’ve come out clear what with all the jumping up and down I’d be doing.

54. Uh, BF SNACK!

55. Cat: “Um. Excuse me? That’s my dinner you’re eating?”
    Mouse: “Shove off, you.”
    Cat: *looking around* “Hello? Someone?”

56. I totally agree with you, Cambridge Rat Mom :) Unless the leopard was taught to hunt from its mother, the cat would not know how to hunt :(

57. You know Mother Nature is for world peace when she starts making predators and pray become friends.

58. Major kudos to the photographer! Those are amazing photos.

59. DaytimeDeb says:

Waiter, there’s a rat in my soup….bet this meal gets comp’d.

60. Gillian says:

Wow. This rodent has NO survival instinct.

61. RevWaldo says:

- Oh, please don’t Mr. Cat, I have a family!
    – Hmmm… Your offer is acceptable. So where’s your family?

62. Carlene says:

That mousie isn’t even as big as one of that cat’s toesies.

63. Astro Girl says:

You should see the next shot of this … The mouse is gone and the Leopard is licking his/her lips

64. octochan says:

there’s a fud eating my fud!