Relaxed to the Max

Sender-inner Liam G’s Burmese, Max, lives Rule 40 with a vengeance.  To Max, a sunbeam isn’t merely a random force of Nature to be exploited; nay, it is like unto a god to be worshiped with the exposure of one’s vulnerable belleh region.

Spotlight on RULE 40: Sleeping in sunbeams is megacute!

I'm practicing to be a rug.

Comments

1. Hedonist.

2. Toasted kitty!

3. chanpon says:

All hail Ra, the sun god! I shall celebrate you by toasting my underbelly in this sunbeam. Human, come flip me over in 15 minutes.

4. LizzyCat says:

Tummy!

5. Ya know, I could worship that.
    . . . but I gotta go to work instead (hangs head, shuffles)

6. marthava says:

I wish all my Mondays began with this much of a laugh at this hysterical cuteness. All Monday mornings should begin with a breakfast of Toasted Snorgleable Belleh for breakfast, too.

7. Hehe! There’s a belly just begging for a snorgle!

8. TheGreatKatzini says:

Man, Tasha was chillin’ like Max this very morning. With her feet resting on my shins, no less – what a great way to enjoy a sunny morning!
    Cats and sunbeams are a match made in heaven.

9. Katiedid says:

*raspberry!**********

10. hon glad says:

This sunbeam belongs to me.

11. He’s looking golden brown and delicious on this side. Lets see if he’s ready to flip!

*** goes to get kitteh-sized spatula ***

12. The hind little stick legs in the 2nd picky…. SO much to love here, but those…. just slay me! *goes to research Burmese kittehs*

13. Strangely enough, that’s what I do whenever I hit a sunbeam too. Hmm … must be part cat:)

14. Beauty_without_cruelty says:

I am with Mary Beth on this one…i did that yesterday. I think kitteh and i must be related….

15. darlingcreature says:

Nice Eames chairs!

16. Kristabelle says:

I love it! Kitty is SOOOOO relaxed.

17. Max knows how to live.

18. Dante likes breezes on his belleh.

19. ecullingham says:

You said “Eames chairs” – DRINK!!!!

…oh sorry, that’s the Apartment Therapy drinking game. My bad.

Is this a Burmese kitteh? He looks toasty.

20. Megaweg says:

All he needs is a piece of chocolate and a marshmallow.
    Oh – and a graham cracker! NOM NOM NOM!!

21. Katrina says:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh……….
    Stick around, Marthava, juuuuuust stick around!

22. Space Cowgirl says:

Can we declare today, which coincidentally happens to be my birthday, a second Caturday, please? More, thank you!

23. Love these pics! He looks slightly annoyed in the second pic, like, “Why are you bothering me? I’m busy here.” I so want to scratch that belleh. Kittehs do love those sunbeams.

24. With a tip of the hat to previous Ra commentary, Max is clearly channeling his own days as a sacred being in ancient Egypt. Let us hope his serving humans are up to the task!

25. Melissa H. says:

Pat da belleh!!! And give smooches.

26. Lerrinus says:

Happy Birthday Space Cowgirl! Have a great day and a nice big sunbeam wherever you are! :-)

27. dr.lowem says:

omg, love! kitty’s clever enough to hide it’s face in the shade while baking :D

28. Invisible hammock.
    Invisible newspaper over face.

[Invisible retirement! :D – Ed.]

29. This is my sleeping posish too! I have crazy dreams this way but it feels so great.

30. We need to replace the phrase “spread eagle” with the kitteh equivalent…

31. Von Zeppelin says:

There is, of course, a great temptation to pat that warm belly. Indeed, to snorgle it. If Max is like any cat I have ever known, a belly pat will activate a concealed trigger that will cause four sets of claws and all his teeth to clamp into the offending hand. (Or face–even worse). Best leave him to toast as long as he wants.

32. skippymom says:

Delicately toasted meringue belly!
    And the sheets and pillow cover match him so beautifully.
    In my house this position means ‘time for an armpit scratch’.

33. Katrina says:

Happy Birthday Space Cowgirl! Warm sunbeams and comfy snorgling places to you the whole year through!

34. I love love LOVE that second picture! Max is living the good life indeed.

35. SoccerSue says:

Cats are solar-powered. :-D

36. Hay!

Max lives life to the max!

*scritches cat belleh*
    *rubs face in tummeh fur*

37. Paunchie says:

these hoomans also like to match their linens to dere kittaye! Is this a new trend?

Lookit that silleh kat! Tickle tickle tickle!!

38. In my house we call it Kitty airconditioning because that is when it usually occurs… hot day light breeze kitty sprawled on back catching said breeze on tummy.

::casually scratches kitty’s tummy watching out for any sign of kitty attack::

39. Greetings for the cat :-)

40. berthaservant says:

Happy Birthday Space Cowgirl!!

Isn’t there a yoga pose that looks like this? The splaying cat?

41. marthava says:

I wonder if he hangs out with that other critter with his arms up in the air on that vid who likes his pits scratched. Can’t ‘member what kind of anipal that was….

42. B. Campbell says:

I’m a starfish !

43. Kitteh sez: “Awl your daylight ar belong to me!”; and adds, rather tersely, “And furvermoar, you are hogging my sunlight with that camera…..!” :roll:

44. Wait – there’s an Apartment Therapy drinking game!? I have wasted some precious time!

45. Katrina says:

Oh, gosh, here I go again with being behind the 8-ball. What IS an Apartment Therapy Drinking Game, please? Help, I don’t know if I’m wasting my time or not!!

46. Sounds a bit like the Antiques Road Show drinking game. Veneer! (glug) Patina! (glug!) Louis Comfort Tiffany (CHUG!!)

[Now, have you ever had this professionally appraised? (JELL-O SHOT) :mrgreen: – Ed.]

47. Argyle Donkeypants says:

This cat actually has an advanced sort of solar panel on its belly; currently, it’s soaking up sunlight, while its cells work to convert it into energy that will later be used by the cat’s muscle fibers to rip, shred, leap onto countertops, make biscuits, attack feet through blankets, climb drapes, luurkenschproing onto the snoozing dog, and, of course, shed.

48. Argyle Donkeypants – LOL! That explains the purring noise!

49. So cute. Does Walter do that too?

50. momof2kittiesandapuppeh says:

Oh, you guys! I want to play the Antiques Roadshow Drinking Game with you!! And then we can all talk about how cute Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan from Apartment Therapy is. I am quite sure he would approve of this color-coordinated kitteh throw rug.

51. looks like one drunk kitteh

52. SPF DUDE !!!!!!!!!!!!

53. violette says:

That is one stoned kitteh!

54. Saint Stryfe says:

He worships the Sun, but he prays to Joe Pesci.

55. New England sampler! (glug) Fake Stradivarius! (glug)
    18th-c Chinese sang de boeuf vase? (CHUG CHUG CHUG!)

56. You know, Apartment Therapy, all the cool decor stuff I’ll never get to have in my house!

(I don’t know how to linky in a comment.)

57. Argyle Donkeypants says:

Sure, he looks all relaxed and happy. You make one move to kiss that kitteh’s warm belly and he’ll give your face 20 more holes to breathe out of (or cry through).

58. kibblenibble says:

Second picture is keelingk me ded! :-)

59. puddlepeppers says:

sun-worshipper
    Happy Birthday Space Cowgirl!

60. AWW :) Kitty looks SO comfortable :)

61. jackie31337 says:

I have that floor pillow from the first pic, but I’m a little confused about why the day bed is apparently on the patio with the hose. Am I seeing this right? That’s a bed… outside… o.O

62. Ruth Kenrick says:

I KNOW HIM; OMYGAWD, OMYGAWD!

63. Max loves his tummy to be rubbed and would love a snoggle. and has never ever drawn his claws.

64. bongobunny says:

Hahahahaah! Reason # 473 why I love cats!

65. …..a SuperCat dreqm, perhaps ?_?

66. All he needs is a couple tracks from Art Peppers CD “The Trip”.

67. Maximum relaxashons

68. He needs that base tan for the Mexico trip!

69. juniper says:

This is just the opposite of the “loaf of bread” pose.

70. eternalcanadian says:

ah, to be a kittycat with nothing to do but bask in the warm sun!