This Just In: Moose on the Loose

What a rotten way to start your life: Separated from your mom, chased by wild dogs, a state trooper thinks you’d be better off dead, and worst of all, you gotta move to Wisconsin.  But thanks to some kind Alaskans, it’ll be a happy ending all the same for this moose calf. Full story and more pics at the Los Angeles Times.

moose-rescue

Comments

1. biscuithead says:

mooseling.
    mooselet.

2. Well you know what they say if you give a moose a cookie then he wants a glass of milk

and then he wants to frolic in the park
    and curl up in your bed with your teddy bear and your favorite blanket Sheesh.

3. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

All I can say is watch this (again) and after you stop laughing or singing along or whatever you do, appreciate the plight of the baby moose and how lucky he/she is.

4. kibblenibble says:

Poor bebeh must have been so scared. Needs love. Gimme!

5. hey! Wisconsin is nice!

6. chanpon says:

Who knew giant moose bebeh could be so cute? I hope he likes his new home.

7. Wisconsin *is* nice! It’d be better if the little moose was coming to Madison though. :)

8. I hope he likes cheese…

9. marthava says:

Cambridge Rat Mom…dunno which is funnier…the vid or the sound track. lol

10. I’m loving the soundtrack!! :) As cute as a moose.

11. berthaservant says:

Yay ResQte!!!!

Yay mooses!!

Yay Alaska!

12. Awww, poor baby :( I wonder what happened to the mother. Hopefully the pack of dogs didn’t get her. Stupid people letting their animals run loose.
    Poor thing. Glad it’s getting taken care of now though.

13. Sweet moosie!! Look at the nosie!

14. Moose are the most adorable creatures ever !!!!!!!! This little tot has had a really bad start at life but it will only get better from here on out, poor little mite.

15. violette says:

I live in Chicago, but go to the Milwaukee zoo often. It’s a lovely place where this little moose-ums will live a long and happy life!
    I just hope he (she?) doesn’t become a Packers or a Brewers fan. That would be sad.

16. Glad that this story has a happy ending:)

17. DumBunny says:

Being in Alaska, I can tell you, cars get way to many moose every year.

18. madhatter_girl says:

Wisconsin is wonderful!!! The moose will just love it! Although Milwaukee is kind of a bit much for a baby moose…

19. Poor baby moose! So sweet!

20. I’m imagining the other drivers, going along inadvertantly looking over at the truck only to see the strangest dawg in the world sticking his head out the window.

21. puddlepeppers says:

Santos…I hope he likes cheese, too. We got some moosarella…

22. Very “amoosing”. Sorry.

23. doomchild says:

No wait, no need to take him to Wisconsin! I can take care of him, he can uses mah blankit and has cookiez and milkz and kissies on his nosie, kk?

24. Katrina says:

Babies are babies and this one deserves a good forever home. Mossarella. “If You Give Moose a Cookie” is in my top 20all-time favorite books. The best in the series. For adults and the children who love them.

25. I love cuteoverload, but talking trash about Wisconsin? Not so much.

26. @Violette, I don’t see any way around it. But on the bright side, this baby will certainly win all the Sausage Races.

27. awww, what a cute moosers. Such nuzzlery nose and ears!

28. Jennifer says:

I agree with Shelly.

29. Hey, I’m a Wisconsin native, and I love it here! lol Welcome, Mr. Moose! :P

30. I agree with the moose.

31. Would you say he is a majestik møøse?

32. (Someone had to døø it :mrgreen:)

33. Katrina says:

Bullwinkle found he had the wrong Mo-ose……

34. Helena Handbag says:

Sweet little moosie! We will visit him when he gets to the wonderful Milwaukee Zoo and tell him about his international fame on CuteOverload! Cheesehead Moose!!

35. Paunchie says:

Wisconsin is a lovely place, much like my home state of Michigan! Lots of woods and lakes and stuff. Good luck moosie!

36. Paunchie says:

And they aren’t even dissing Wisconsin, people. They’re just yankin yer chain. They only thing bad about Wisconsin is that it is a long way from Alaska. Settle!

37. Wisconsin is infinitely better than wherever ntmtom lives.

38. I just lurves ResQtes; just seeing one will make my day….!!
    @ Theo: re: “But where are they taking him?”….. .It’s rlly gonna be a big problum for this liddol Moosie to decide which Moose Lodge to stay at…..Decishuns, decishuns, decishuns……. :wink:

39. Katrina says:

cheshirekittehkat-Moose lodges are the new youth hostels…..if you are a young moose.

40. chelonianmobile says:

“Were they sent to Hell?”
    “Worse. Wisconsin.”
    Spot the movie reference. I guess the presence of the baby moose cheered it up a bit :)

[Hmmm... well, in "Unforgiven", Clint Eastwood says something like "I woke up, thought I was in Hell. Turns out, I was in Nebraska." That's not an exact quote, but it's gotta be close. - Ed.]

41. Lerrinus says:

*groans* @ Michael Claymores’ pun…!
    I just wanna kiss this lovely little moose! :-D

42. Sunshine says:

Argggh. If you give a Moose a MUFFIN. Done nuffing, I just kept cringing reading the comments. Don’t give the moose baby muffins!

43. There’s a moose loose aboot this hoose!!!

[Ooh noo! - Ed.]

44. Sunshine I never feed my moose Muffins that is just silly besides they like cookies better ;)

45. chelonianmobile, it’s Dogma =D I love that movie.

46. Poor little thing! going through all these at such a young age. Hope it’s fine now. You’re going to grow up big and strong!

47. polydactyl says:

moose is so cute! but i am kind of glad it is moving to wisconsin- one less moose to beg not to trample me as i am walking home through the woods in ak.

48. chelonianmobile says:

Actually it was a Dogma reference. At the beginning the two fallen angels Bartleby and Loki have been sentenced to stay in Wisconsin for the entirety of human history.

49. mom2twinzz says:

I lived in Wisconsin as a child, but still I liken it to escape from purgetory only to move to hell proper here in Ohio. I hate the humidity and miss the actual snow.

50. Katrina says:

Kim.
    “Now Moose juice, not Goose juice is juice for a Moose, and Goose juice, not Moose juice is good for a goose…., never drink in your dreams!” Dr. Suess, in The Sleep Book. In my top 10 of good books for adults to read to the children who love them.

51. Kristabelle says:

Who doesn’t love Dr. Seuss????

I hope little McMoosersons gets to live happily ever after. :)

52. How did the Los Angeles Times get access to all the cute photos, yet the Anchorage Daily News only had one? Cra-zay.

Yep, here in Alaska, calving season is in full swing! They’re so cute as long-legged awkward babies, but full grown, napping in your driveway at 7am (and sublimely unconcerned when you honk at her) so you can’t get the kids to school? Or eating every single one of your spring tulips? Yeah, not so much… :-)