Harrumph Day

Caturday? HAH!! Saturday is the new Wednesday!  It's like "Hump Day", only different.  Remember, you heard it here first on Cute Overload -- the internet's premier cutting-edge authority on what day it isn't.  And it certainly isn't September 18, 2008.
---

In the remote plains of Wazoolooland, we come upon an all-too-familiar scene: A fierce camel locked in mortal combat with the small but wily plastic bucket.

Ah, we meet again, my old nemesis ...

Saracen pig! Roman cow! Take THIS! And THIS!

For the bucket, its only chance is to raise its defenses and hope his adversary tires ...

... there's the kick, aaaannnd -- GOOOOOOAAAL!!!

Yeah, I'd like to see that lame-o walrus pull this off.

Alas, even the bucket's tough protective shell is no match for the camel's ruthless onslaught ...

No, we're not making a new "nomming" tag.  Please stop asking.

... and with one final bite, the struggle is over.

FOR GREAT JUSTICE!! ***CHOMP***

Victorious, the mighty camel cries out his call of triumph.

THIS ... IS ... SPARTAAAAAAA!
We'll be back with more of "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom" after these messages.

They sell bucket insurance, by the way.  I'm just saying.

Yes, sir, Gelosia ... that's your "Baby." ( More photos here )

Comments

1. It looks like he is chugging a huge beer and then is a little stumbly afterward in pics #2 and #3. Oh, dear.

2. Glad to see the anger management classes are working.

3. “THIS… IS… Saudi Arabia?”

4. DewiCasgwent says:

Deckard
    I think its Australia

5. Von Zeppelin says:

Snappy Fred Astaire footwork in pic #3.

6. DewiCasgwent says:

Sorry after some digging it’s Texas

7. New category! “Hoofers.” Like Savion Glover or Fred Astaire?

8. Actually today IS hump day for me. Right smack in the middle my night shifts for this month.

9. Jezebel says:

Camels are AWESOME! For reals.

10. On the third pic looks kind of drunk i think there wasnt just food there lol
    so cute love the face

11. Von Zeppelin says:

Kar–”Hoofers:” great idea! We could have a few Astaire/Glover/Gene Kelly camels for the front men, and then a whole chorus line of camel hoofers. Imagine fifty camels tapping their way through “Lullabye of Broadway!”

12. chanpon says:

Has camel still not triumphed over teh bukkit??

13. Headtail says:

I love the grace of her left front foot in the 2nd pic. Camel ballet!

Then there is the subsequent awkwardness of pic #3…cutest thing on CO in a long time!

14. It’s His Bucket and he’ll crack it if he wants to.

15. Virginia says:

Look at that adorable perfectly round belleh!

16. it looks like he lives in a trailer park (?)

17. Hmmmm; I wonder if the camel inherited the bukkit from the Lolrus?………. Naaaaaah: the Lolrus would NEVER give it up!! :roll:

18. @Cheshirekittehkat, are you going to rat him out?

19. PS Horses will also fool around with stuff they find in their pastures and stables– they like toys, too.

20. berthaservant says:

Dear Mike and Theo:

I will never ask for a nomming tag again. All you had to do was ask.

Love,

Berthaservant

PS L. O. L.

21. Yay for hump day!
    Baby is actually in Arizona. :)

There’s a new blog for him at http://www.camelsandfriends.com

22. OMG what a handsome little man, he’s so redonkulously adorable, butterfly kisses from those lashes !

23. I LOVE camels! I wear a camel pendant on my necklace. :)

24. puddlepeppers says:

camel lot

25. The bucket must have intruded on his territory.

26. AuntieMame says:

What day is it anyway?

27. I’m so confused. I thought that was a dromedary.

28. Go, Baby, go!

29. Baby is a Dromedary (arabian) Camel

30. That is the cutest post!!

31. Aubrey927 says:

The camel looks hungry,or sick. Seriously.

32. Deirdre says:

Hm, do all mammals play? I think they do. What about birds and lizardy things?

33. leslie thomas says:

….um…to Theo: ….if this WERE an actual episode of M of O’s W Kingdom….WHY hasn’t Jim come btw said noble dromedary & worthless foe aka The Bucket??

Wasn’t the whole POINT of M of O’s W Kingdom, tor Jim to be in mortal danger, BEFORE the commercial break?????
    Jus sayin’ ….

[While I used to watch Wild Kingdom with my folks all the time, when I was but a wee bairn, this post was originally written by Not That Mike. I only touched it up before re-posting, and I hesitate to put (more) words into his mouth... ;) - Ed.]

(PS: to the younger C/Overload watchers….you might not have the historic experience needed to get this punchline….only those of us, born in the Pleistocene —aka BEFORE TV was cable or included Remote Control devices — remember poor Jim’s weekly life-threatening exposure to ferocious, wild beasts in the deserts, while good ol’ what’s his name, sat comfortably in an easy chair, narrating & doing absolutely NOTHING to help Jim)….

And — only tangentially related…Deirdre; I got a fun LOL just from your phrasing of your question: “Lizardy- things”!!!????

Thx & peace to all –

34. Katrina says:

Marlon Perkins.

35. I’ve never seen a camel play! hehe

36. Katrina says:

Rio- They tend to the absurdist and very stark sets-you know, ‘Waiting for Godot’ was written by a Camel, I think.

37. Katrina says:

Rio deserved it. Never give a peep an even break.

38. @Theresa: naaaaah, I will not tell on the camlol: (moastly, becuz the bukkit looks moar like a recycling receptacle; the Lolrus’s bukkit was definitely roundish, and a deeper shade of blue; so mah lips are seeeeeled!!!) The little Hump-type guy is safe!!

39. mandysea says:

ANGLO SAXON HUN!! Yay! Someone else who’s seen “What’s Up Tigerlily?” Who does that bucket work for, or does he freelance??

40. I’m already ascared of camels after riding one on my honeymoon. Oy!

41. Paunchie says:

“I’m going to eat you”? Is that new?

I like pic 5 with the mouf wide open in attack mode!

42. danielie says:

@ Paunchie: Pic 5 is my favourite too! :D

Camel: ROOOOAR you shall not defeat me!

43. Katrina says:

scamps-I don’t think I wanted to know that…….

44. Aubrey927 – Why in the world do you think he looks hungry or sick? He’s perfectly healthy, and he’s showing that by being bright eyed and playing! He’s a gangly teenager and his coat is changing.

45. *i need water!*

*bang bang bang*

*i said i need water*

*i am not going to stop unless i have my water*

*bang bang bang*

46. hon glad says:

I triumph again, let any bucket try and challenge me.

47. embertine says:

Am I the only one who totes made a Chewbacca sound on the seventh pic?

48. Dragonflye says:

This is Spaaaartaaaaa! Made me LOL!!!!! Haaaaaa haaaaa!!!!

49. What, praytell, is a camel doing near a house, a recycle bin, and a metal pole?!?!

[DOMINATING! AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA HAAAAA - Ed.]

50. Valerie says:

CUTE, Dont mess with him!