This is Not a Half-Pipe

Dude, you call this a half-pipe?  It’s, like, totally made of construction paper or something, and it’s not even big enough for my skateboard!  I’m, like, a professional athlete, dude, I don’t have time for this!

2431695458_d3ab6e6b10_b
coxTHHHPPPPPPPPPPPPPPcu
Love the tongue, Jacqueline T.!

Comments

1. Katiedid says:

TONGUE-HANCE!!!!!

2. I can never get enough hedgehog in my day. It’s dusk over here, so I’m off to chuck out some mealworms and banana slices for our local gang. If they let me see the babies, I’ll send in pics. Cheers! Hedgehogs for everyone!

3. Martha in Washington says:

Come live at my house, dude. We have a skateboard park not far away! And I’d take you anytime you wanted to go. Come on dude, whaddaya say?

4. Glow-Orb says:

Ceci n’est pas une half-pipe.

5. Paunchie says:

I can’t even put this on my head, dude. Why’d you cut the cardboard tube in half, bro?

6. Hedgies! How can a little varmint be so cute?!

7. Kristabelle says:

Rad!

8. Is that a smurf house in the back there?
    I love the tongue too, and his nose, and his ears, and his pawsies.
    I can see this being shopped into a killer surfing wave pic.

9. Une demi-pipe!?

10. Hedgehogs these days. I tell ya.

11. Katiedid says:

Squeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! :-P

12. Argyle Donkeypants says:

If this were a real halfpipe, I could totally get some righteous air, brah.

13. Man, I gotta get me a Hedgie!

(Tongue hance Lol!)

14. skippymom says:

I want to know what quill-styling products he uses. That is one rad ‘do.

15. CoffeeCup says:

Where’s his mini skateboard?! I demand a mini skateboard for the hedgehog. And some gold rings for him to collect.

16. lucy's mommeh says:

Edward, can we assume you live in England?

17. berthaservant says:

Tasty, bra. Literally.

This half-comment is half-empty.

18. BabyOpossum says:

Love the look of concentration, complete with protruding tongue, as Tony Hedgehawk sizes up the half-pipe for his next trick.

Also, I need to know more about the green mushroom.

19. Disapproving tongue-hance

20. jess e. says:

This hedgie’s name is Bob! Bob the hedgehog. So cute & ridiculous.

21. Yet another problem for the world to cope with – a plague of rude hamsters running around poking their tongues out at everyone. Will the horrors never end?

22. Oh crap, i meant hedgehogs not hamsters – it’s early morning here in Australia and the coffee hasn’t sunk in yet.

23. YAY!! More hedgies….whoop! whoop! A hedgehog a day keeps the doctor away….isn’t that how the saying goes?

24. mom2twinzz says:

LOL @CoffeeCup I totally agree. Add some springs and tubes and watch him roll for those rings.

25. puddlepeppers says:

Michael Claymore…If this is your pre-coffee charm, you must have Mega Charm
    after the coffee kicks in…
    *O0<

26. Hedgehogs have amazing long tongues as my previous hedgehogs used theirs to good effect. I miss having hedgehogs so much since my last one died a year ago. I have to be content in seeing all those adorable hedgies on CuteOverload. This skateboarding hedgie is quite the rascal, isn’t he? The “Look” and figuring out how he will do his back flip on his skateboard.

27. chanpon says:

An attempt at hedgie tubing, perhaps?

28. Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude !

29. kibblenibble says:

What is it with hedgies and cardboard tubes? I have yet to see a hedge in real life, but due to exposure to them here on CO, now I must!

30. hon glad says:

Spiny Norman.

31. googlie eyes says:

I had a hedgehog once who would chew up his food and spit it onto his quills. Someone told me once that it was a instinct leftover from when hedgies would eat poison dart frogs and then spit the poison onto their quills to pose a bigger threat to predators when they poked them. Unfortunately, with other kinds of food, that doesn’t work so well. It just made his quills all crusty :o).

32. googlie eyes says:

Oops, that was supposed to be a smiley face :)

33. Aw, shucks, thanks puddlepeppers!

34. @lucy’s mommeh; yes indeed, just outside Cambridge. We share an enormous garden and a horse paddock with neighbours, and get a fantastic array of wildlife. My office looks out over the garden, and I’m constantly distracted by pheasants or woodcocks or badgers wandering around. We also have a sparrow’s nest in the eaves right by the bedroom window…they’ve become my alarm clock. Unfortunately, at the moment, that means about 4.30. One gets used to it.

35. This is so cute!

My boyfriend and I are getting a hedgie within the next few weeks here and I’m SO EXCITED!!

36. Aelfwyn says:

Hedgie says ‘Pthhhhttt!’ to the non-pipe.

37. Katrina says:

Edward-I’ll be right over!

38. Jacqueline T says:

Thanks for all of the positive comments! Bob is the cutest hedgehog :) You can view more pictures of him here http://www.flickr.com/photos/jayomatic/sets/72157604656631640/ and here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jat_toronto/sets/72157603985420297/

Ps. The green mushroom is a toothpick holder!

39. Cute Lover says:

Oh just look at those tiny little paws!

40. Fransouah says:

I second the smurf house sighting… it’s pretty adorable it it sleeps in there…