THIS JUST IN! Pillow Gives Birth!

Sender-Inner Jim S. came home to find a collared Boston Terrier being born in his living room! By the looks of it, the father must be an ottoman.

IMG_8881 (1)

Comments

1. haha he was born with grey hair :)

hey! since i finally got an early spot on the comments – can someone tell me if we can still do avitars?? i saw it was an option when the new layout came out, but now i can’t find it anywhere!!

[That's because it's a WordPress thing, which you can set up in your profile; it's not specifically a Cute Overload deal. - Ed.]

2. Baby pup looks like he has the appropriate number of pieces (ok I can only see one eye but I think the other is there) and is healthy and happy, so congratulations Mom Pillow!! Are you registered? Don’t forget you need a car seat.

3. OMG, LMAO….

4. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

This is not an isolated incident! This is happening all over the country! And not just toBoston Terriers; it happens to Dachshunds.

[Oh LOL!!! :lol: - Ed.]

5. Kelly K says:

That’s the classic “Uh oh did I do something wrong face?”

6. 260Oakley says:

Pup is obviously trying to bolster his confidence.

7. puddlepeppers says:

260Oakley…ROFL for “bolster his confidence”.

8. lucy's mommeh says:

? methinks it’s a pug. Doesn’t look like a BT to me….

9. 260Oakley has won the thread. :)

10. Noelegy says:

Love the fabric of the bolster!

Boston Terriers always remind me of Buster, my late grandmother’s late BT. In his old age, he liked to sit behind her favorite recliner and fart. Usually while she was sitting in the recliner working on a piece of crochet or knitting. These emissions would get quite audible. And my sweet little Southern Baptist grandmother would say, “Buster’s a little windy today.”

11. And it’s a dog! Congatulations!!!!

12. I love Bostons. Li’l Boston Beans. :D

13. PS This is almost as weird as the puppy with the falsie-tocks. :D

14. LizzyCat says:

lol @ noelegy — that’s hilarious!

15. chanpon says:

Reminds me more of filling dropping out of a burrito.

16. katrinab73 says:

yay! thank you ed!

17. Jiggles says:

Damn, looks like Jabba the Hutt passed a kidney stone.

18. Thats no pup. Thats the fabled Boston Terrier Termite Queen.

19. LOL at Dachshund from Cambridge Rat Mom.. is it Yours ??

20. lol thats so cute congratz miss pillow? XD

21. Who is father?

22. puddlepeppers says:

AmyJ…LOVING YOUR COMMENT “Are you registered? Don’t forget you need a car seat.” I worked in
    a baby department where we did registries. My favorite season was Hallowe’en,
    with all the tiny costumes.

23. Who do we send the Congratulations card to???

24. LOL Noelegy!! that really made me laugh

25. Um, re: Dad, I believe the appropriate term is “Turkish American.”

26. Is it a boy or girl? Probably in trouble now…

27. Flavia A. says:

I lost my dog today, to cancer :(
    It was a sad and tough battle.
    Now I’m thinking about getting a boston terrier, or a french bulldog.
    I wish cute overload had a board of some sorts… I wanna know more about them from owners of their breeds.

28. Flavia, I’m sorry to hear you lost your dog. I have a Boston Terrier, and have found the people at Woofboard.com to be pretty helpful at answering questions about the breed. (And just speaking for myself, I find my little fart monster to be just a wonderful dog, funny, smart and always cuddly at night.)

29. Flavia, I’m sorry for your loss.

If I could suggest, take some time, let yourself grieve and spend some research time on the various breeds. I bet there are lots of boards out there that are breed specific that can be honest about the pro’s & con’s of each breed.

30. Why is everyone saying this dog is a he? The dog has a pink collar. Methinks it’s a she.

31. the bug man says:

@Meaghan: Hey, maybe he’s just very confident about his masculinity.

32. DaytimeDeb says:

A similar thing happened at my house – only it was a blanket giving birth to a cat — and it was breech!

33. DaytimeDeb says:

You might have trouble with the above link. Try this one to see my blanket giving birth to a cat — feet first!

34. flavia>> come join in the fun over at http://www.woofboard.com/ – a discussion board full of fun, knowledgeable and caring boston terrier owners / fans!

35. berthaservant says:

That reminds me, must buy corndogs.

36. Raemie L says:

Ahh… I visit CO for its blend of cute and weird. I prefer this surreal “birth” scene over, say, a life-like model of a rhinocerus giving birth to Jim Carrey. OK, so, lots of unpleasant images would be preferable over that example.

37. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

@kittyadventures. No, Daisy the Dachshund is not mine. She’s at the Rolling Dog Ranch in Montana, a sanctuary for disabled dogs, cats, and horses.

38. Ewwww, he’s still covered in stuffing! SOMEONE CLEAN THAT BABY OFF!

39. @ Berthaservant .. Thanks… Just thanks ::Said while wiping coffee off computer screen::

40. Katrina says:

OOh, OOH, the bug man is back! Welcome Back the bug man!

Falvia A. how are you doing today? I’m sending kind thoughts your way.

41. Katrina says:

Or Flavia, (excuse my typos, Mother did not raise a typist) I do hope your day is bearable or better. I’m thinking of you.

42. Mary (the first) says:

I’m confused.. is the pink thing around her neck the umbilical cord? If so, I hope someone unwound it from around her neck so she doesn’t experience any lack of oxygen.. gosh I hope everything is ok with this babeh….

43. @BugMan, LOVE your avatar! It’s a Mantis-Yahoo!

44. tuxedomom says:

Hey, I have that exact same cushion in my house – same fabric. I wish mine would give birth – to a kitty, though.

45. Vickie B says:

cute, cute, cute!!!!!!!!!!

46. Flavia A. says:

Thanks for the link to the forum, I’m joining right now :)
    And many thanks Wish, Kar and Katrina. I’m feeling a little better, though is really hard to come home and not be greeted by her… She left a big void.

47. StormCat says:

I also had a Boston growing up and she was a hoot!! She did tend to be a little gassy when she got the wrong kind of food, but she would always give you this look like “Soooorrrryyy…” LOL

Bugman, LOVE the avatar!! I think Mantis’s are just the cutest!!!

Flavia, I’m sorry for your loss… I know it’s hard in the early days when they’re not there for you… But soon you’ll realize, they never really leave… They just welcome you from another plane… My ladies who have passed on (4 of them actually) sometimes come back in various ways… Just keep your eyes open and you’ll see something, I’m sure… Big hugs!

Ok, back to the pic… I’ve looked through all of my pillows and have not found a pregnant one yet… Do I have the wrong kind???

48. Katrina says:

StormCat- My second guinea pig came from the store ‘with pig’. Maybe if you go to the pillow store and ask, they can show you the ones who have been been there for a while and look kinda lumpy….

49. Kristabelle says:

Hilarious!!!!! :mrgreen:

Flavia – I’m very sorry for your loss. Cancer in doggies is so prevalent. It is my worst fear for my two. ((((HUGS))))

50. anastasia says:

and you wonder how the pillow er…plays leapfrog…..wrong word….