Yee-up, another Memorial Day weekend…

Time to dust off my uniform for the annual veterans’ hop down Main Street, then it’s over to the Loyal Order of Wallabies Hall for some of Ethel Lundegaard’s famous hotdish.  (Ooh, my lumbago’s acting up; maybe I’ll skip the parade…)

Uh, would you kids in the background like to get a room or something?  SHEESH!

Save some room for Eunice S’s sender-inner surprise, gramps!

Comments

1. Cute!

2. I can sympathise with the lumbago acting up… just finished mowing the lawn. Remind me again why I like summer?

3. Hmm…I thinks this veteran’s uniform may be a bit snug around the tummy this year! That’s OK, Grandpa, why don’t you just sit and relax and watch the parade this year.
    We still salute you for your service!

4. Hey, I like summer because little gecko-patterned shorts and flip-flops beat Bronko Nagurski Underwear™ . :mrgreen:

What *is* in that pocket, li’l roo? :D

5. Why is one kanga giving rude kisses to another kanga?! THIS MUST BE CENSORED.
    rude rude kangarudes.

6. The hovertext made me lost control. And since I’m painting my bedroom today, I sympathize with the lumbago-roo.

7. Ooops–“lose” control. Obviously.

8. berthaservant says:

Hovertext FTW! I wonder how long I would have taken to notice….

Won’t somebody PLEASE think of the joeys????

And no, I don’t need a COXCU.

Brillo work, NTMTOM. Super size.

9. berthaservant says:

Oh, and question, do they have memorial day down under?

10. It’s like the Charmin commercials :)

11. How appropriate – an “Australian Kiss”! (You know, a kiss down unda’)

12. fish eye no miko says:

You, in the back! You have head pigeons! Go see the nurse before you infect the rest of us.
    (a .net cookie to anyone who gets that)

13. Von Zeppelin says:

@berthaservant–I think Grandpa Roo, along with some elderly Kiwis, probably marched in the ANZAC Day parade on April 25, originally commemorating the dead of the Australia-New Zealand Army Corps who fell in the Gallipoli campaign of the First World War. After World War II, it was widened to remember all those Australians and New Zealanders who gave their lives in the service of their countries.

14. And then Phar Lap won a lot of races, and Mel Gibson rode around in an old Chevy and fought in the Thunderdome. That’s the movie version of Australian History.

15. PS I was wondering about those pigeons.

16. PPS: “And DebG loves to LOL and LOL,
    A hover makes her lose control!”

17. katiedid says:

I feel like I have just walked in on a private moment O.o
    A VERY private moment….

18. berthaservant says:

Thank you, VonZep. I was certain that they would have some kind of appropriate equivalent day.

19. I think the other pair is mum and the nearly grown baby looking in the pouch for a feed – obviously too big to hop in there!! But I could be wrong!!
    The main one is probably scratching fleas!LOL!
    We have dozens that live on our property wild ( we live in Queensland Australia) – lots of different types of kangaroos and wallabies including rock wallabies – very cute! They are very special!

20. @berthaservant – Looks like they are having something down under. Wouldn’t exactly call it “Memorial Day,” though.

21. chanpon says:

That’s what gramps gets for forgetting his walker.

22. Patty P says:

Am I the only one who noticed that “surprise” was missing an “R”rah?

Yes, inappropriate roos! Love the pigeon head comment.

23. Rachel of Cyberia says:

Mmmm, church-basement hotdish! There better be tuna and peas!

24. puddlepeppers says:

I’m always reminded of a favorite post…the grandpa gibbon looking tired, with
    a joey in a totebag…”I’ve Been Waiting for the G-D Bus All Day!!” At least he
    was sitting on a nice bench.
    *O0<

25. Woods Walker says:

I will be marching in the Memorial Day parade to the local cemetery. Then there will be a presentation,Followed by a twenty-one gun salute which I will take part in. Finally taps then the conclusion of the ceremonies. The parade will have decorated bicycles and golf carts. The village I live in is called golf cart city.- Woods Walker U.S.Army and Army National Guard Retired

26. When I went to Longleat Safari Park the wallabies were partaking in an awful lot of sexy time, its bound to put someone’s back out sooner or later.

27. Caitlin says:

@ Fish Eye: Ziiiiiim! We reference the headpigeons all the time at my house, mostly when our rats climb on our heads.

28. [But as year follows year, more old men disappear; someday no-one will march there at all - Ed.]

Have never made it through this song without bawling. John McDermott’s version is awesome.

29. @Puddlepeppers, you mean Billy Gibbon? :mrgreen:

30. @JudyB, they were bringing sexy back!

31. Dewd. What’s going on in the background!?

32. KatieKat says:

@ Fish Eye, not to mention the lice or the rubber piggies!!

33. claudia says:

Welp. Pull up a stump and I’ll tell you all about the time I hiked uphill, 12 miles … in the snow… BOTH WAYS! Those were the days, when Australia HAD snow in December… not many of us left who know about those days, ah-yup.

34. puddlepeppers says:

JudyB…LOL wallabies’ sexy time putting someone’s back out…
    *O0<

35. puddlepeppers says:

@Theresa…Hey, princess…a great big LOL for “Billy Gibbon”.

36. Von Zeppelin says:

@Theo from my previous comment–You are right. I hope everyone enjoys Memorial Day weekend, but let’s remember that veterans of the Second World War are dying at the rate of about 2,000 per day. My Dad (Mediterranean Theater, 1943-1945) is gone years ago. My Mom (the home front, government girl, Washington, DC, 1944-45), is gone also. So is my father-in-law (Navy, Pacific Theater, 1942-1945). So are millions from all the nations that fought for our freedom. I love CO–can’t get enough of cute animal pics. Let’s take a moment this weekend to remember the fallen–not only from the World Wars, but Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, Iraq, Afghanistan, and many other smaller actions around the world. May God give them rest and honor.

37. Peekyweeky says:

Awww! He is SOOOOOO cute!

38. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm must be something in this pouch(in the background)

39. this is so funny watch the kangaroo in the background:

40. GirlFromOz says:

*Sigh* I wish people would learn to tell the difference between a Wallaby and Kangaroo…these are kangaroos, not wallabies.
    Also, the comment about the ones in the back ‘getting a room’…it’s a rather-too-large-but-still-hopeful joey wanting to get back into mum’s pouch. It’s hilarious to see one that’s almost the same size as mum trying it on, and her so not letting it…

41. fish eye no miko says:

@Caitlin & KatieKat: Yay! You both get .net cookies!
    “The world is saved I did it! Now let’s go destroy it.”
    Poor ‘roo in the middle’s got a heck of an itch…

42. @GirlFromOz I tried to explain something like that earlier and I luv the vid above -very funny but in all reality kangaroos can be very dangerous they can rip your stomach open with their back legs – they jump up off their tail and use their legs to rip- it’s their defense mechanism against wild dogs- we have a huge wild male kangaroo that lives on our property in Australia (52 acres) and I have to avoid him incase he gets aggressive! Hope this was informative!LOL!

43. Carlisa says:

“OooOOoOoussh…..I should’ve taken the Wide Glide instead of the Sportster”

44. wait….. that looks like my dad, but in kangaroo form!

45. Hon Glad says:

I think he is suffering from the twinging screws, a very nasty complaint.

46. Someone please help that poor thing scratch his back? He looks uncomfortable. Lol.

47. Raeanne says:

I love the pigeons just hangin out. They’re EVERYWHERE!

48. Samantha says:

Cute. but also stupid.
    Because kangaroos are from Australia and in Aus we dont celebrate ‘veterans day”?
    we celebrate ANZAC day which was in april