I sleep weeth my claws out

JUST IN CASE!

tookie cropped

I like the belt AND suspenders approach, Tanguera!

Comments

1. Wow! What glorious weapons of mass destruction! :D

2. How do you not look at this and then sneak up to kiss/cuddle those little ears and sweet head?

3. I need a set of those to take care of that pesky alarm clock that keeps waking me up every morning, stoopid husband.

And yes, I did a little gasp and squee when I saw this lil’ angel’s pic.

4. *gently starts buffing and polishing the little clawsies*

Perhaps orange, to matches your patches? =D

5. DaytimeDeb says:

Ah, Kar, you play with fire, don’t ya? Me too, I can’t resist temptation!

6. Aww, she reminds me of my little tortie, Mallory, who was the sweetest, daintiest little girl in the world. She could also lure you into rubbing her tummy, whereupon she would spring shut like a bear trap and bite the living daylights out of your hand! I sure do miss that little scamp!

7. Mud Bug says:

Can I call matchinks on the chin & claws ??? Does that count ???

8. brinnann says:

My Sheba’s claws don’t retract all the way, especially those on her back paws. Has anyone else ever seen this?

9. KittehMamax3 says:

I call matchinks cause there’s another tortie snuggled to the belleh of the one in the close up. I love when mine snuggle, but that always precedes a “battle royal” around here.

10. Katiedid says:

OMG this looks just like my Misha (Claws and all)!!!!

11. charliewabba says:

typical tortie. they are beautiful and endlessly weird.
    I confess I have a soft spot for torties. Which is how our latest, Maisie Mae, wiggled her way into our house a couple of weeks ago.

12. claudia says:

i love endlessly weird… makes me smile!

13. chanpon says:

The ultimate back scratcher!

14. [sigh]
    I ♥ teh litl preditorz.
    [googoo eyes]

15. Kallisto says:

Awwww, Teho!
    They’re hard to resist, aren’t they?

16. Kallisto — I don’t link to ICHC much these days, but… see for yourself.

17. Apriltini says:

I would expect nothing less from a tortie. :D

18. oh you KNOW what she’s doing is happy paws, makin’ biscuits, kneading, etc… “Violence” tag indeed. HA. ;) :P

19. Kallisto says:

@Teho: Ahhh, now, that is just *gasp, gasp, thud* (I’ll come back when I’ve recovered, I’ve been slain, slain I tell ya). Uhtehwidduwidduwiddu [*puddle of goo*]

20. Nice sofa there, Kitty. Needlepoint it yourself?

(ouch) :-)

21. Some kittehs will sleep with one eye partially open… “JUST IN CASE!” My floofball will do this in his sleep sometimes, like he’s flexing his fingers.

Brinnann: how old is your kitteh, is this a recent development? Is there a history of any kind of neurological trauma like being dropped on her back? There could be something wrong with her spinal chord. Then again… her nails might be just too long. XD Some people will say not to never cut the back ones, but they do need it every once in a while.

I would take her to the vet just in case.

22. yeah, well, you never know!

23. brinnann says:

Paz, she’s about 3-4 years old. I adopted her from the Humane Society 2 years ago, and even when they’d trimmed her claws they looked like that. The skin looks a little looser around them than on my other cat, which makes me wonder if the people who had her before might’ve tried to declaw her but didn’t have it done right. I’ve heard that they can grow back after that. She doesn’t mind me messing with her toes, though, so that makes me think it wasn’t anything traumatic like that.

24. revolution724 says:

I have a tortie girl, Virginia, who I adopted as a kitten because she was so cute and funny-looking, and because when I picked her up, she latched her little teeth around my earring and refused to let go. Like this one, she likes to sleep, and like most, she’s bossy and stubborn. It’s her way or the highway. I think my grandma would’ve said “tooky”. Thanks for posting!

25. BonzoGal says:

That kittoon’s name must be “Texas” ’cause you don’t mess with… well, you know.

26. Brinnann: Yay for rescue kittehs! She might not mind you messing with her ickle toes… because she doesn’t feel it. A way to test for nerve damage is to gently pinch the skin between her toes (I use my wee forceps… but I guess pliers or your fingernails will do) and what her reaction. If she tries to jerk her paw away, she’s got a feelin’…

“… a feelin’ deep inside, oh yeah…” *coughsnort*

Althooough your theory of a botched declaw is interesting… They could have gotten the whole nail out but missed the distal phalanx (it houses the cells which make the claw grow). Usually this teeny tiny bone is taken off too when the surgery is done. That may also explain the loose skin around the nail since they were successful in taking the whole of the original out.

EEE! I just noticed there was another kitteh in the background! *snorgles*

27. Mary (the first) says:

This is a very pretty kitteh, I must say, although normally torties are not my favorites. I love the claw action. I think there must have been a fierce battle for the sunny spot and this one won.. but is ready to defend his/her spot against the other one if need be.

28. brinnann says:

Well, when I say she “doesn’t mind,” I just mean she doesn’t get mad! :lol: I tickle her paw pads sometimes, which annoys her a bit and she pulls her foot away, but she tolerates me examining her claws and strange toesies. But I will be sure to test her like you said anyway, just in case.

29. brinnann says:

The post title has given me an earworm: Metallica’s Enter Sandman, “Sleep with one eye open…”

30. Katrina says:

I think this little kitteh is dreaming of luurkensproingenenning. I am told that I sleep with my eyes partially open, but I just cut my nails last week, so I guess Killer’s Daddy is safe from luurkensproingenenning.

31. Delta Sierra says:

Kitteh too young to know grabity will keep her safe on sofa while she sleeps.

32. goodness, that kitteh is an exact twin of my BF’s cat! She does the same thing with her lil’ claws, except she likes to hold on the side of an arm chair.

33. These are dangerous days, people, it pays to be prepared.

34. AWW :) That little tortie looks almost like my kitty, Bagder :)

35. berthaservant says:

Kitteh is also quite prepared to step in for Donald O’Connor or Fred Astaire if necessary.

36. This kitty is very prepared for any pranks when he/she is sleeping. Good self defense skills you have there! :D

37. According to Variety there is no truth to the rumor that this cat will replace Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth in the next Wolverine movie.

38. puddlepeppers says:

@Mary Wimpey…As kitteh’s claws soak in scented water…”Sorry to say, we
    are all out of orange…perhaps Tangerine, Spray-Tan, Apricot, Cheetos Fantasy,
    Pumpkin or Amber Lights.”
    *O0<

39. Yes! Torties! That’s what you get! Torties! Yes! Torties! They’re all over me! Bring me my pills!

40. hon glad says:

Ninja kitteh is prepared.

41. Argyle Donkeypants says:

NightKlaws: Because menacing the dog isn’t just for wakie-wakies anymore.

42. cafegrrl says:

yikes!

43. That’s quite the defense mechanism…

44. Obviously, this kitty just came home from seeing “X-Men Origins: Wolverine”.

45. Who would think about declawing when you see the beauty of this.