Brunelleschi, Bumbling P.I.

Here’s why you should hire me.

I’ve solved TONS of cases!

Picture 5

I can quietly OOF!—sorry, these blinds are in my way—follow ANY suspicious behavior.

You can count on my subtlety.

Picture 4

If you think that hamster is cheating on you, I WILL FIND OUT!

Picture 6

NO ONE can hide their secrets. (oooof, damn blinds!)

No one. [CLANG]

IMG_4836

Brunelleschi (actual name) the bumbling private investigator brought to you by Haloise R. More of her set here.

Comments

1. I have very similar pics of my tuxedo boy doing that…only he was full grown. They are a handful.

2. chanpon says:

Oooh, peeping tomcat…

3. Best. Cat. Name. EVER.

4. LOL Chanpon..

5. kibblenibble says:

These are darlink. And great captions, Meg. How could you not love this kitteh boy?

6. temperance says:

wow- it’s been a very formal weekend of tuxedo cats, hasn’t it?

7. Von Zeppelin says:

Inspector Clouseau accent: “I eentahnded to become ohntangled een thees blahnds. Eet ees pahrt ahv my ohnvesteegaceeon.”

8. DaytimeDeb says:

“…And I will leave no evidence of my having been here.” Brunelleschi (aka Brunellishush!) saunters away as bent blinds are left hanging by a thread.

9. I love the little current running up his tummy. Tuxies ROCK!

10. its curtains for those blinds.

11. puddlepeppers says:

Brunelleschi…no wan can match hees skeell at “ze blend-een”.
    *O0<

12. Hi guys! This kitty is so cute! I’m super excited because I’m getting a new kitten and I knew if anyone would understand, you would! Her name is Darla and she’s only 4 weeks old. I get to take her home in another month!

She has a spotted nose and one grey toe! Thanks for letting me share!

13. Sorry, I had problems with my link, here it is:

14. @Oddrey

Darla is such a gem! I wish I could adopt a kitteh too…

15. Selphie le Boffin says:

I am loffing the bum in the first pic and the belleh in the last.

16. @Oddrey, she’s truly a darling. My new kitten will be ready in 4 weeks too. Her name is Felix Felicis, and I’ve known her since she was a day old.

17. What a cute P.I.(private investigator!)!lol!

18. Martha in Washington says:

Brunelleschi e’ molto bello!

19. Haloise says:

OMG IT’S MY CAT!! This just made my day!

These pics are over a year old now so he’s grown up, but he’s still just as much of a troublemaker…

20. crescentstreet says:

The eyebrow whiskers!

21. hon glad says:

He may be a crap detective, but he can design you a very nice dome.

22. Subhangi says:

I love his name! Brunelleschi. Meester Brunelleschi!

23. I love your blog! Thankyou!!

24. danielie says:

<3 hovertext on last pic. :)

25. AuntieMame says:

See, the reason Brunelleschi is such a good detective is that his suspects all confess before he makes a mess of everything. Those repair bills get a little expensive. :D

26. Hannah Belle Lectre says:

All he needs is a theme song and he’ll be all set.

27. This is slightly off topic, but if anybody remembers ‘An Engineers guide to cats’, they have a new vid.
    (Hope that works!)

28. Marianne says:

my cat has absolutely destroyed my blinds from jumping in and out of my window sills in the past year.

29. metsakins says:

My tuxie climbed the wallpaper b/c we had vertical blinds. REst in Peace, little bubsy!

It’s kitten season at the pound. I avoid eye contact, it’s best that way.

30. Cutest detective ever! He’s also about as subtle as my three cats are every monring when they decide it’s time for me to get up: knocking over my bedside lamp, walking on my head, scratching the closet door…you know, subliminal stuff like that!

31. Katrina says:

Not now, Kato!

32. Hon Glad, yes! This, to be exact:

33. @Amy, they are graceful and silent predators. :mrgreen:

34. What a great photo essay!

Reminds me of the time I came home to find my Libby (also a big-eyed tuxie) standing VERY VERY STILL on top of the coat rack, with the blind cords wrapped hopelessly around her neck and legs. Had to switch to curtains.

35. hon glad says:

Theresa- I’ve climb to the top a few times.

36. Those look like my blinds, right down to the color!

(Runs madly around house, searching for anerable tuxie tussling with blinds. goes to work dejected)

37. PI in this case stands for Problem Instigator..
    LOL so adorable!

38. Oddrey: Dara is a doll!!!

Here is my new kitten (I’ve had him for about 3 weeks now) experiencing catnip for the first time!

39. Haloise – your kitten makes me think of my Josh (RIP) when he was a baby. However, your sweeties antics are more like my new kitten’s (Sidney). Congrats for making CuteOverload!!!

40. Oh as for my video…the begining of it is where Emma has had enough and was giving him the stare down of disapproval!

41. make the “beginning” :)

42. @KK3, what a hoot!

43. kumquat says:

are his owners architects? (possibly also art history buffs like myself)

44. @kk3, both your furry kids are adorable. The baby is quite a hoot–he’s all “Don’t harsh my mellow!” until he gets his dander up.

45. catloveschanel says:

Clouseau: Does yer dewg bite?
    Inn Keeper: No
    Clouseau: Nice Doggy (bends down to pet a dachshund – it snarls and bites him)
    I thought you said yer dewg did not bite!
    Inn Keeper: Zat… iz not my dog!

46. Sidney is lucky that Emma is sweet and patient. He is non-stop attacking her. Granted, she has her limits…but in this vid he is 3.2 lbs. She is Maine Coon and 13.5. To say the least, she could squash him. (She is not nearly as fat as she looks…lots of fluff!!!!)

47. skippymom says:

Brunelleschi looks like my Francesco as a baby! And the facial expression in the second picture is one that Franny still uses!

48. shyvixen says:

Yep, that’s what I think of when I think of a kitten – subtlety. HA!

49. charliewabba says:

Mon dieu!
    Eet eez Ehnspectoire Clawseau!
    (I, too have climbed Brunelleschi’s dome – climbed all the way up and emerged in to the sunlight at the top of the duomo’s cupola to find…A POSTCARD STAND!!!! (how’d that be for a daily walk to work, eh?)

50. charliewabba says:

oops. I dropped a comma. Must be back down the stairs somewhere…

51. @debg: Felix Felices is THE BEST KITTY NAME EVAR! You win!

52. Haloise says:

@kumquat I studied architecture in college and got him soon after graduation…I wanted to give him an interesting name, something unusual, so I thought through names of people I’d studied, and that’s how he ended up with that name. I’m trying to decide what to name the next one (no specific plans yet to get a second cat, but I assume I will eventually).

53. berthaservant says:

I expect to see Brunelleschi cast in the upcoming remake, “Neil Simon’s The Cute Detective.”

54. *squeeeee!!!* Loox liek my Domino, including the blinds-climbing!! Now I got to go home and snorgle her… good thing there’s only 15 minutes left til quittin’ time.

55. LOL :) Brunelleschi is Inspector Clouseau as a kitty :) Congratulations on your new kitty, Darla (such a sweet name for a kitty), Oddrey :)

56. How did foxy get her youTube link in the page? When I pasted mine, it actually embedded it. Anyone???

57. Lauralyloo says:

She reminds me so much of my dear departed Flossie when she was but a mad little tux kitten, climbing on everything imaginable, the stint in boxhab, playng with my hair by running on to the back of the couch…all with a similar expression to this little gem. That was all waaaay back in 1995 though! She lived for 14 years since then.

58. kumquat says:

@Haloise It’s a wonderful name, I approve. :)

59. No one can hide anything from me, for I am a Sherlock Holmes in kittens world;)