I Tawt I Taw a Twitter Tat!

Remember how we watched in awe as Ashton Kutcher beat CNN to a million Twitter followers?  All right, maybe awe is too strong a word, but according to the Baltimore Sun, a cat named Sockington is catching up, quietly racking up half that million, and gaining every day.   What’s the matter, Ashton?  Cat Kutcher tongue?

I must leek ze feengers zat tweetz for meeeeeeee!

Photo: Jason “Textfiles” Scott

Comments

1. dylanimore says:

Aww. What a sweetie pie.

2. Sockington’s tweets are hilarious!

3. He got one more follower. :) I, for one, support our new feline overlord.

4. thicktortiethintabby says:

Where have I been that I didn’t know about Sockington?!?!

5. thicktortiethintabby says:

:: adds Sockington’s feed to homepage ::

6. I also follow Sockington. He’s fun.

7. Christine says:

Seriously. Jason Scott is going to take over the world!

8. claudia says:

lol, cute, I laughed at “slow news day”

9. Just don’t forget to follow @pennycat (Socks’ oft-neglected, more intellectual, sometimes abusive sister) too. I sometimes think of Winston and Rudy when I read Penny’s tweets.

10. On the Internet, even cats are more popular than you.

Or plants.

11. Katrina says:

Don’t tweet. Don’t twy.

12. thelibrarianne says:

I totally follow Sockington! Rainn Wilson has a personal vendetta against Sockington’s popularity, which makes for some very funny Tweet battles.

Can’t believe I just wrote that sentence.

13. go kitty!!!! :D

14. essensual says:

What a handsome cat!!! I’m in love.

15. Charlene Butterbean of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee is also on Twitter. The Internet lubs kittehs.

16. I just joined twitter for the sole purpose of following Sockington.

17. lucy's mommeh says:

gods, I’m sorry. I refuse to tweet.
    Facebook? Yeah, I’m there.
    But tweeting? Nuh-uh.

18. kibblenibble says:

Lucy’s mommeh, I’m with you. However, I must say Sir Sockington *is* quite a handsome fellow!

19. One of my favorite Twitters is Barry Zito’s (pitcher, SF Giants). It’s hysterical.

20. my kitties have more followers than I do… seriously…

21. kibblenibble says:

Cat Kutcher tongue…LOL :-)

22. Perfect chin-scritching posishe.

23. PS Also check out Sockington’s nemesis, Rudy the Parrot:

24. @AustinAaron says:

I didn’t know that many people liked cats.

25. We’re not watching this in awe, but in awwww.

26. ratchic says:

Do we know if Ashton will see this? Does Mr “cat Kutcher tongue” visit C.O? Mebe thumwun thud twitter him the linkth?

27. lucy's mommeh says:

kibblenibble, yesh, hims is a veddy handsome puddy tat.

28. P.Erasmus says:

29. Sockington rocks. I’m totally following him now.

30. AWW :) Sockington is a very handsome kitty :)

31. Awwwwwwwwww what a cute kitty cat!!

32. following!!!

33. edmundh says:

“Sockington” ??? Why can’t I think of cute cat names like that??

* checks kitteh’s twitter page *

“All your tuna are belong to us” ??? LOL!

34. puddlepeppers says:

Sockington rules! I drools…
    Puddles

35. eternalcanadian says:

lol. follows sockington.

36. hon glad says:

I think i’ll pass on twitter, I don’t want to get bitter and twittered.

37. Subhangi says:

Of course kittehs are on twitter. ALL evil overlords are on Twitter!

(Including yours truly. Unfortunately my evil overlord plans are secret.)

38. I follow Sockington. And Pennycat. I do not follow Ashton Kutcher.

(I secretly think Sockington is smarter)

39. Tractatus Blorpico-Philosophicus says:

@Theresa, thx for the Rudy the Parrot link! I love eet! It’s 1,000,000 X better than Sockington! . . . Just like how Winston-san is 1,000,000 X better than Winston!

Does Zito say anything interesting? I’m curious, but kind of can’t be bothered to look . . .

40. thicktortiethintabby says:

@lucy’s mommeh and @hon glad, I am not a fan of the “social networking” sites, either. (I’m 34, not 64, believe it or not.) I put Sockington’s feed on my browser homepage via RSS. It’s the ONLY twitter I’ve followed so far…I have a soft spot for tuxedo kittehs.

41. berthaservant says:

OKAY, WAIT JUST A DARN SECOND!!!!

I am not on twitter, so I have no comment about that.

BUT THIS DUDE STOLE MY NAME. (Yes, my real name is Jason Scott).

I mean, it’s hard enough having a name that is two first names (and two of the most popular American boys’ names in the 1970s to boot). BUT I AIN’T GONNA CONCEDE ANY OF MY CUTE OVERLOAD STATUS TO ANOTHER DUDE WITH A CAT!

Seriously, peeps, ‘dentity crisis….

(Oh, and if you think it’s not gonna get worse, check this out…..http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0475968/).

42. Sockington is the second person, er, cat I followed on Twitter!