Calibrating the Acoustic Pigometer

As many of you audiophiles know, the acoustic pigometer is one of the most precise and sensitive pieces of sound-measurement equipment on the market, and as such requires extensive calibration before use.  Let’s listen to how it’s done:

Advertisements

Comments

1. They’re wavin’ their little pink antenna!

2. Did they know CO’s special connection to Amy Winehouse when they made this? OMG so CUTE!
    Flap flap! LOL!
    And yet they stay sleepin away. Adorhubulz.

3. hon glad says:

The sound should be increased oinkremently.

4. ellabella says:

HOW are they doing that and not waking up?! Amazing.

“Apple sauce!”<– too mean…

5. Pussytoes says:

Piggies are adorable. Humans — not so much.

6. kibblenibble says:

Pussytoes, I agree. Love how the peegies are all snorgled up together for their honk shu time.

7. No. Way. That is too hilarious. Love the synchronized ear flapping!

8. Wha– wh- wh- ??!

9. Von Zeppelin says:

My sound system just has one of those boring old bar graph things on it. I obviously need an upgrade. (Checks Sound Warehouse online for piglet ear flaps)

10. Perhaps they have those invisible strings attached to their ears, like the ones on Conan O’Brien’s (and Stephen Colbert’s) hips.

11. ~Dooooo yer ears hang low, do they wobble to an’ fro … ?~

12. Sometimes the pleasure of “Teh Qte” is ruined because I spontaneously imagine others Disapproving of a post’s content (though I myself find the thing in question completely delightful). This happens reflexively, like the evil antithesis of squee. Sometimes this phenomenon is reflected in the comments, when people write things like “here come the nuffers!”

Is there a word for this phenomenon?
    Is there a way to stop it?

13. Help I can not see the peecture… Sigh Computer FAIL.

I will be back Must reboot my interwebs!

14. I am back Interweb Malfunction resolved and OMG PEEEEGGGGGIES.

LOLOLOLOL too funny

15. 260Oakley says:

I think the piggies’ ears twitch every time someone says “swine flu” instead of “H1N1 virus”.

16. Thats so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeee pigglets are so freaking cute, i love them, my dog does this you have to scream her name a lot of times before she decides to wake up, if not all she does is moving her ears

17. claudia says:

LOL!!! “That’s animal cruelty!” So there, no one has to nuff here, they said it themselves, move along!

Cuuuuute leeeetle piglets!

18. Marianne says:

love it!!! what is CO’s special connection to Amy Winehouse?

19. berthaservant says:

Flappage.

20. Is the Acoustic Pigometer™ related in any way to the Porkarina?

21. omg hilarious!!!

22. Marianne says:

oh nevermind, it’s boxhab isn’t it? 😀

23. Never in my life have I so wanted a group of baby pigggggs. That was beyond adorable.

24. Kristabelle says:

That’s incredible! Too funny! 😆

25. Katrina says:

Flippin’ funny.

26. chanpon says:

Cute, but isn’t this a little bit like continually poking someone who’s trying to sleep?

27. manypurl says:

Sooooooooeeeeeeee! That’ll do, pigs. That’ll do.

28. @patito: nufferphobia? paranuffoid?

29. wannadance says:

so wonderful, just delighted me. i love reflexes…is it for real, i mean really for real?

pyrit: ‘can you tie em in a knot, can you tie em in a bow, can you throw em over ya shoulder like a continental soldier? do your ears hang low?’

i got stuff what hangs low, but ’tain’t mah ears…

30. Sooooooooo cute!!!

but wait til you pick ’em up and hear them squeal!!!LOL!

31. HAHAHA!! I love these people.

32. @Patito: nufforeboding? antici-nuffer-pation? deja nuff?

33. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

@Trixie: Pre-nuff agreement?

34. This was funny… until the woman started singing “Rehab.” Then it got HILARIOUS.

I don’t know why, but just the idea of singing Amy Winehouse to a pile of napping piglets just slays me…

35. temperance says:

the combination of adorable piglets and adorable accents is simply…..lovely.

36. edmundh says:

I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes…even on the 3rd time watching this! Peeeglet ear flipping is too cute!

But what is the Amy Winehouse/Cuteoverload connection that you guys keep talking about???

37. Pre-nuff! Bwahahahahahaaaa!!

38. Nah… I like “nufferphobia”

39. platedlizard says:

Applesauce!<— I laughed out loud at that

40. It’s like those plastic, dancing flowers.

41. spb, what if my nufferphobia is actually an expression of latent nufflephilia?

42. Nuffobia!

Also I remember watching this ages and mages ago and thinking how perfect it would be on CO. Cute lag!

43. puddlepeppers says:

Good times!
    *O0<

44. Sooooooooo adorable and cute – all at the same time!LOL!

45. @Trixie: Deja nuff XD …”I feel like I’ve hated this before…”
    @Carrie: Nuffobia, yahooooy! I was thinking way too hard, trying to fit both F sounds in there. Obviously I’m uptight because of these confusing feelings.

46. jess e. says:

The Amy Winehouse – C.O. connection isn’t anything celebrity-related. It’s just that Meg brilliantly converted her “Rehab” song to “Boxhab” and the chorus goes “nyerhe, nyerhe, nyerhe”!
    I know there’s others out there, but this is one post that explicitly references it: http://cuteoverload.com/2008/01/02/check-out-this/

47. Very cute, but puzzling. Maybe they aren’t really asleep, just resting their eyes. Or maybe Amy Winehouse is so distressing to them that even in their sleep she freaks them out!

48. Subhangi says:

ROFL!

49. Nucleus says:

@Patito Gigante: Not uptight. I got the same affliction, reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally bad 😛

Love little piggies ❤

50. eternalcanadian says:

mmm…bacon!

51. oi
    they tried to make me go to pig-hab
    but I said
    sque, squee, squee…

52. Lerrinus says:

I’m with LSB with the dancing flowers! LOL! 😀

53. SoCalSis says:

Nuffanoid!!! (or as librarians would say in serious workshops on Constitutional Ramifications of Collection Development, “Self-Censorship”)

54. I LOLed hard at “Applesauce!”

55. xD That is freakin’ hilarious! Never seen the likes of it!

56. starlinguk says:

Applesauce!

(what adorable accents?)

57. @SoCalSis: Excellent! I knew this nuffanoia was related to Something Really Important.

58. starlinguk says:

Pre-nuff …

So what’s a pre-nufftial agreement?

59. Funny cute piglets! And they don’t wake up! Super adorable. I’d love to be the one calling out for them. I’d be very amazed and entertained! 😀

60. Suzanne says:

@starlinguk: Patito Gigante defined it; Pre-nuff, when you foresee a cute post being attacked by nuffers, and it ruins the cute for you.

61. Suzanne says:

Oh wait, I suppose the agreement would be…. no nuffing!! If it were a perfect world. *BIG SIGH*

62. Marisha says:

This is one of the best things that has ever been posted on CO. I’m dying over here! XD

63. this is excellent!! So funny XD