And we never saw Snuffles again…

2007_12 009

Oh don’t get your pantaloons in a bonche. Here’s Snuffles back safe and sound with paw up:

snuffles

Elizabeth N. How far did he get? 20 feet? OK.

Comments

1. LOL Snuffles Explors teh artic on his journey to find the north pole.

Our intrepid hero starts out on his journey with his back pack and a large supply of Jerky. Will he make it or will the elements detain this daring doggie daredevil from his destination. Tune in for the next update!

2. Alissa G. says:

Aah! So adorable ♥ *pats Snuffles*

3. Ghoudie says:

He cannot be real. *dies*

4. Meg, HOW did you know I wear PANTALOONS???!!?

5. sunnymum says:

After seven arduous hours, Snuffles makes it to the tire to relieve himself.

What a little cutie pie!! LOVE the winter jacket. :) Nice collar action going on.

6. Aw. Makes me miss my family’s fat little Pomeranian Snuffles. RIP – 2001

7. He is so cute, love the black ears
    poor doggie must have his mouth frozen lol

8. skippymom says:

Um, maybe this is weird but the first picture immediately made me think of a scene I’ve only heard about in a movie I don’t think I dare see. Have you guys seen the “Earth” movie? I heard there’s a part where a little elephant is trying to catch up with its herd but is going in the wrong direction.

Anyway, I’m glad Snuffles made it home safely.

9. fish eye no miko says:

In the first image, I’m imagining it with the music from the Incredible Hulk tv series.

10. You don’t love me, I’m running away from home, you’ll never see me again and then you’ll be sorry, you never loved me anyway and you’ll miss me when I’m gone, ok here I go, say goodbye, I’m really leaving WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

11. claudia says:

awwww Snuffles went out as far as it took to blow his snuffly nose in the snow, then he came right back

12. berthaservant says:

good call, fisheyenomiko. that plaintive piano….

I’m wishcasting for some delicious ntmtom or teho hovertext to put the icing on this one.

Love the snow-crusted muzzlepowsche!

13. The lone wolf, bravely sacrificing the warmth of its den, goes out in desperate pursuit of food in the Siberian winter, facing the freezing winds of certain doom, surviving only on the wily instinct that drives it on, it silently passes through the chest deep snows, endlessly searching for gourmet peanut butter bowzer biscuits.

14. balamuthia says:

Ohhhhh man, my pantaloons, they were so bunched! I’ve been involved in TWO abandoned dog rescues in as many weeks and I was all “NOT FUNNY AAAAGH!”

Then I scrolled down and had to chuckle, another CO emotional rollercoaster moment!

15. Snuffles’s paw is up. That means it too cold for his feetsies!

16. charliewabba says:

I’m sorry, but I think we need an official term for snow encrusted muzzle puff.
    snuzzlepuff?
    nosikie?
    muzzlepops?

17. raieven says:

What kind of dog is snuffles?

Btw that is true in the Earth movie, I haven’t seen it but I’ve seen the AWESOME BBC dvd Planet Earth, which I highly recommend.

18. LOL I love the long scroll down, makes you feel like you’re along on the expedition.
    And the beef jerkey in the pack? It only made it as far as that leaf or toy on the ground between Snuffles & the car.

19. Katiedid says:

no snuffles!!! lol
    Love the little paw prints in the snow haha

20. DumBunny says:

Does anyone have an idea for getting my cat out from under a porch? He’s been there since Sunday and won’t come out. I thought he’d get hungry and come back inside, but not yet. I leave the door open as much as I can when I’m home.

21. scoobie says:

@dum bunny
    What country are you in? Can you call an animal society.?
    I would suggest leaving some smelly food he really likes just outside then catching him. You’ll have to wait close by in hiding for a while

22. balamuthia says:

@dumbunny-

Since Sunday and it’s now Friday? So six days? Um…I’d be crawling my butt under the house.

23. Dum bunny, I just spent a week trying to catch my skittish cat! First of all, try this website: catsinthebag.org for a bunch of tips.
    Try putting smelly food out at the same time and place every day. When he learns the food schedule, start putting the food dish in a carrier. Inch it towards the back over several days until he has to get all the way in the carrier to eat. Then slam the door and voila.

24. Kristabelle says:

@skippymom – DON’T GO THERE!!! I cried and cried and cried when we watched that segment.

Snuffles feetsies have snow caked inbetween the pawpads. Time for a quick dip in the tub to melts thems. <3

25. Katrina says:

Well there is Bear Gryll, this his slightly furrier half-brother, Dog off on a new adventure.

26. skippymom says:

Thanks for the warning, Kristabelle. I was pretty sure it wouldn’t be a good idea to try and get through that movie. One of those things where we realize nature can be pretty harsh, and we know we have to accept it, but it still rips our hearts out.

27. Skippies Mom that was one of the saddest episodes

Dum bunny the cat rescue crew I met this weekend suggested to get the cheapest smelliest tuna I could find. I am on a new mission to catch another ferral cat who is visiting my home!

And do Waht Oakland cat suggested.. She just finally caught her new rescued kitty.

also when you sit next to the cage keep your head down and do not look directly at the cat.

Keeping fingers crossed for your success.

Are you sure kitty is still under the house have you seen him/her?

28. CuteOverloadOwnsMe says:

Shih tzus rule the universe. Especially the cute universe. Paws up for Shih Tzus!

29. So cute!

Dumbunny: I once had a skittish foster kitten that hid in one of the spaces up my attic- impossible to get him out. I tried everthing- including several cans of tuna/ fancy feast. You know what worked?

I took a bowl of milk, nuked it in the microwave and put it below the gap so the kitten would smell it. It started purring and within moments it came down. Don’t know what’s sooo special about milk vs tuna/catfood, maybe it reminded him of his mommy. But yeah- try that!

30. dawgpup says:

such a long picture compared to the dog!

31. DumBunny says:

I haven’t seen Muggsy, but my roommate said he did on wednesday, as for going under the porch my ‘tocks won’t fix (but then as small as the hole is, neither would anyone else’s) I put a bowl of his favorite treats just under the edge of the porch so he could see/smell it. If it was my porch, I’d be ripping up boards by now.

32. Cloud's Kim says:

skippymom: I saw that movie!! I expected it to be all sunshine and roses (since it’s Disney) but parts of it were so sad!! There was a part with a elephant and her baby that got separated from the herd, but they did eventually catch up… however, they mentioned another baby elephant that got separated from everyone (mother included) and never found them =(

That being said, I did enjoy the movie. It was very beautifully done =)

Oh, and what a cute little doggie with his handsome snow ‘stach!

33. Dig the denim.

34. Awwwww! Check out little Snuffles McCandless up there. Too cute.

35. Snuffles *_* u look so cute !!!!

36. Dear Mom and Dad,

I hate you. I’m running away from home. Do not try to find me under the car.

Love Snuffles

37. “Snuffles……… dinner is ready…….”

“Coming Mom!”

38. That is some SERIOUS scrolldown action!

39. puddlepeppers says:

“I’m leavin’…on a snow trail…
    Got frosty crunchy on my tail…
    Gotta head back for some lunch…”
    Snuffles
    (“Leavin’ on a Jet Plane”)
    (I promise to leave quietly…)
    *O0<

40. kibblenibble says:

That reminds me of when I was seven, and I tried to run away from home. I was all the way to the end of our looong driveway when I realized that I forgot my glasses. I’m *very* nearsighted, so I knew I had little chance of survival without them. So, like Snuffles, I returned home.

41. Subhangi says:

What a sweetie!

42. Lerrinus says:

I’ve got the Planet Earth DVD, skippymom, and I always love the part where the baby elephant bumps into the tree – sad and cute at the same time!

43. Snuffles. I thought he was tougher than that. He’s obviously not Canadian.

44. Hon Glad says:

Go and never darken my doorstep again, oh its snowing maybe tomorrow with the not darkening bit.

45. chanpon says:

He’s turned into a mini-yeti!

46. Awww! It looks just like the very first doggie I had!

47. Can’t stop coming back to look at this post! Snuffy is toooo cuuuuuuuuuuute!

48. I love the picture! Snuffles is so cute. What camera are you using? Seems like a good SLR! Do take more. :D

49. I vote for muzzlepops

50. mxlplyx says:

….ditto on teh “muzzlepops” vote.
    mxlplyx

51. I didn’t realize before how SRSLY panoramic-upright that picture is! Well done.