Cat: It’s What’s for Dinner

You know, working hard all day sure builds up a powerful, man-size hunger.  So when I get home, I like to cook up a hot, steaming plate… of Cat™.

DSCF0003

That’s because Cat™ is the kind of hearty, stick-to-your-ribs meal that tastes so right after a tough day.  So treat yourself to the all-natural goodness… of Cat™.

DSCF0005

Now available at all Kate G. Marts in the Upper Greater Quad-County area.

Comments

1. Lerrinus says:

(sings)
    Kitty, in a sunbeam, makes me happy!

2. The only drag is having to floss right after eating in order to get the fur out from between your teeth.

3. You and your dirty cat butt just make yourself at home on my dinner plate… no biggie…

Cat happiness is directly proportional to how inconvenient they are being :)

4. 260Oakley says:

Oh man, reheated catserole again?

5. chanpon says:

Why wait to get your day’s worth of cat hair from the few loose strands found in your breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks? Get right to the source with a full serving of Cat ™. It’s doctor recommended.

6. I love the first one, he’s all like “hey man, you put your plate right in the middle of my sunbeam, wot was I supposed to do?”

7. Von Zeppelin says:

This would be a pretty healthy meal, in some ways–just a simple dish of cat, with some fruit afterward. But look at that portion size! It’s even spilling off the plate. That’s enough cat for eight people. When will we Americans learn from the Mediterranean diet that a kitten or two is enough for anyone.

8. Got cat?
    Oh yeah, got cat !

9. But I have a few to feed so I make my servings of cat stretch with Catburger Helper (TM).

10. I love that she’s doing jazz paw!

11. Katrina says:

What, no Marmalade and toast?

12. BeckyMonster says:

CAT, the meal that bites back!

13. GingerBean says:

“Cat happiness is directly proportional to how inconvenient they are being”
    OMG, this is SO soso true! Nomtom, great commentary, as always. I can just hear the soothing, unnaturally calm, happy voice of the announcer for this commercial.

14. The cat has that “What? I’m supposed to be here! Sheesh!” look.

15. I love pussy.

I chase pussy.

Hell, I even dream about pussy.

But I just can’t bring myself to eat it.

16. stacyhorn says:

I love those curtains.

17. “My cat is fat, so now I’ll dine
    And eat all up this cat of mine.”
    –man in a B. Kliban cartoon

18. metsakins says:

Look, obviously a plate with a napkin in it is a kitteh bed, as is any piece of paper.

19. Von Zeppelin says:

Deckard Canine–wasn’t the great Kliban the one who described the cat as “a heck of a nice animal, frequently mistaken for a meatloaf”?

20. metsakins says:

and speaking of Kliban, cat is frequently mistaken for meatloaf.

21. metsakins says:

@von Z. -great minds….

22. Can I get this with the low carb, low fur option?

23. Heather R says:

Been lurking for a while and loooooove iiitt!!!! @Al – your post made me laugh. It was all kinds of wrong or my brain drops to the gutter too easily. :-)) The kitteh it too cute, though, lying there sunning on the table. I agree with Katrina, too. No marmalade and toast?

24. i will never understand cat people. this just makes me want to do the clap thing. *CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP* and scare her out of the table so i can be mad at the gross cat fur on my plate.

cat people, you have all kinds of patience.

25. hon glad says:

Remember to apply plenty of catsup to ease down that hair.

26. Susan A says:

Like my cats, they never acknowledge the butt is bigger than the vessel.

27. I always know a NOMTOM post without even looking at the byline. They always sound in my head like they’re being read by Gary Owens.

I’d have a piece of Cat™, but that one looks like it’s too high in calicolories.

28. I just want to bury my face in that sun warmed fur.
    Oh and pls 2 be noting the very proper fruit bowl, complete with novel. Nourishing body and mind! (nods)

29. Von Zeppelin says:

Metz, I didn’t know you were supposed to keep novels in the fruit bowl. Does that mean that bananas go in the bookcase? Of course, I suppose it’s no more unusual than cats on the dinner plates.

30. claudia says:

this cracks me up. We also need the pic of the cat that only comes around when the kid is doing her homework… “But mom I CAN’T finish my work, kitty’s laying on it!”

31. Argyle Donkeypants says:

While a lot of people go after the all-natural, outdoor-grown Cat™, I find that carefully controlled indoor environmental conditions are best for growing bigger Cats with far more satisfying qualities. For example, this Cat has been exposed to a scientific combination of nutrients, water, and broad-spectrum sunlight, resulting in a heady mellowness that’s harder to achieve with outdoor Cat varieties.

32. Kitty: Believe me, this is for your own good. No offense, but you ARE looking just a tad zaftig. Now, if you would just put up that other leaf, I could be much more comfurtabuhls while I am serving mankind.

33. @Von Zeppelin, oh my…NO! No bananas in the bookcase! Bananas are strictly for magazine reading. Coconuts go in the bookcase, to provide that refreshing drink while browsing your library. But do be careful dear, they have been known to bite.

34. punkinberry says:

Nom nom nom. Delicious!

35. Von Zeppelin says:

Argyle D’pants, the inclusion of rare, expensive and fragile houseplants in the cat’s diet also makes for a more piquant flavor.

36. metsakins says:

@Metz – all CO readers know how to protect themselves from fruit.

37. I love the “too high in calicolories”! Great photo and excellent comments. :P

38. I had to laugh at saz’s comment: “i will never understand cat people. this just makes me want to do the clap thing. *CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP* and scare her out of the table so i can be mad at the gross cat fur on my plate. cat people, you have all kinds of patience.”

I don’t know if it’s patience. Not sure what it is. Just the way we are – we’re cat people. They’re not gross or dirty to us. They’re beautiful, fascinating, mesmerizing, wonderful, shall I go on?

39. Mrs. Mooney and her pie shop, anyone?

40. BeckyMonster says:

@ceejoe – Amen! Cats are superior to all life forms (except for maybe, well, NOTHING!)

@SAZ – believe me, I’m a cat person and I don’t understand dog people. Dogs are simply too needy. Walk me, pet me, bathe me, let me eat your slippers! I prefer a pet who makes me work for their attention. I want a peer, not a servant.

Dogs have owners, cats have staff…

41. AuntieMame says:

Well, I don’t have any pets, but I see the appeal of both. It’s nice to have a pet that can be self-sufficient. It’s also nice to have a pet that worships the ground you walk on. :)

42. berthaservant says:

Al — don’t knock it ’till you’ve tried it.

That having been said, I’ve never had it on a plate, basted in sunbeam. Must try it someday.

43. LOL at Manny.
    I have another cat rule only recently. If I get a cat for my own affection, said cat will only love my husband (who dislikes the little furball).

44. Noelle (the First) says:

@ Cindy….You read my mind.

“would’nt do in my shop, just the thought of it’s enough to make you sick, and I’m telling you them pussy cats is quick…”

45. Noelle (the First) says:

Whoops, major apostrophe error there! Too distracted by squirming kitty trying to get off the plate.

46. saz, it’s only cute to me because it’s not MY plate. I’m a cat (and dog) person.

On an unrelated note, yay for cloth napkins!

47. kitkatCC says:

Kitteh sez, “It’s a NAPkin, so I’m nappin’.”

48. sophiab says:

She looks identical to my cat Miss Bobo. Who does not sit on my plates.

49. If Sam Elliot did the commercials, like he does for the beef commercials, my wife would probably eat the cat for dinner. She loves his voice!

50. One way to get attention!

51. I can’t believe nobody said it yet : Cat. The other white meat.

52. GIGGLE :) Typical kitty :) Layng on top of a nice clean plate :) That dark tortie looks almost like my cat Badger :) Badger, the little stinker, had to sit in a nice clean glass bowl that I had put on the table to cool :) If I could figure out how to get that picture of her uploaded to my computer, I would post it here :)

53. puddlepeppers says:

@thepetmuseum…LOL for “catburger helper.”
    *O0<

54. How much do you want to bet that in the time it took the human to set the table,
    turn around and grab the food from the microwave and turn back to the table,
    kitty was already on the table.
    I would even go so far as to bet kitty was sleeping in the upstairs back bedroom
    and still managed to get comfy on the plate before human turned back around.
    Love my kitties but sometimes they seem to have spooky, magical, powers. :)

55. Janice of the Nine says:

There is apparently some irresistible Law of Attraction when it comes to cats and plates. Every time I put out the dishes for company (about the only time there’s an unattended plate on the table) I blink and there’s a cat on it or avidly playing with the napkin while shedding onto the plate, butter dish, salt shaker…you name it. Fortunately all my guests are Crazy Cat People too, and consider cat hair just another condiment.

And yes, that “what?” look is typical of all of them. :-) Wonderful picture!

56. LOL :) Kitty must think the napkin is her personal bed cover and the plate a new type of cat bed :)

57. Jeet Barboza says:

Is the wine pairing ‘Pussy-Fussy?’

58. hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute