Paging Rule #7, Come in Rule #7

Remember back in ot-five when we declared Rule of Cuteness numero 7? The koalas are BACK to make sure you all got it through your thick skulls.

2807371205_623cc79e61_b

Bam! Close up AND 90 degree rotayshe! (no extra charge)

rotayshe

Kim N. over at TheGirlsNY sent this proshness over.

Comments

1. lucky Cliff says:

uh, how many comments? heehee
    But is this a Eucalyptus tree? It doesn’t look like the one in MY yard!

2. Caitlin says:

GAAAH! Nibbles and cuddles, all in one?

Hugging + snacking = the perfect storm!

3. Big voice: “QUANTAS!”

Teeny voice: “quantas!”

4. Michael says:

Um, the title and caption say Rule of Cuteness Number 10, but the link goes to Rule of Cuteness Number 7 — and that does appear to be the Rule this photo is illustrating. Are there so many Rules now that the Rule-meisters themselves are becoming confused? Or am I wrong?

5. cuteness!

some of the previous koalas featured on CO had beat up noses but these 2 have perfect ones. I wonder if the beat up ones were due to the fire or do these little guys fight?

6. I spy an eensy weensy peenk leep!

7. Scroll-down bebeh comes outta nowhere!

8. Subhangi says:

Peenk bebeh koala leep!

He looks a little like a monkeh.

9. Kawaii Koala!

10. Ruby Tuesday says:

While these koalas are the epitome of prosh, I do believe that Rule #10 refers to foot size/body size ratio.
    Rule #7 is what these koalas are referring to: “A thing, accompanied by a smaller version of that thing, is always cute”.

Don’t make the koalas disapprove of Cute Overload. I’ve seen disapproving koalas. They’re worse than Disapproving Rabbits….

11. hon glad says:

Baby has a Burl Ives beard.

12. For a minute I thought his little pink chin was actually his tongue sticking out at us.

13. Oh my gosh! I could just nom nom that sweet nose right off. The urge is unbearable (snicker-snicker).

14. fish eye no miko says:

Babeh Koala! [makes grabby hands]

15. Von Zeppelin says:

I like the black schnozz over the pink goatee. A color combination sometimes seen on 1956 Oldsmobile Rocket 88s.

16. The bear bears remind me of this poem :P

Fuzzy Wuzzy
    Was a bear,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy
    Had no hair,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy
    Wasn’t really fuzzy,
    Wuzzy?

17. How much can a koala bear?????

We have them live in the trees wild around where we live – they are amazing creatures!

18. A lovely true story: A firefighter finds a koala moving gingerly on her scorched paws after wildfires sweep Australia. “Sam” accepted a bottle of water and is now recovering at a wildlife shelter. (Feb. 11) thousands of other animals weren’t so lucky!

19. WendyPinNJ says:

SUCH A FACE!!!

Me loves me some Koala. Wishin’ they lived in the trees around my house, rather than all those boring old gray squirrels (O.K., I lied, they’re not REALLY boring, but Koala’s would be so much more fun)!

20. WendyPinNJ says:

Sue, great video.

Me loves me some firefighters too!

21. G. Rock says:

I think that’s “aught”-five.

22. chanpon says:

OMG Ponies!1! Sorry, that was the last post. So freakin’ cute. Looks like the teeny koala is trying to practice his Chewbacca roar.

23. Kristabelle says:

KOALAS!!!!!!!!!! MY FAVORITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I’m going to be happy for the rest of the day, now. :)

24. Aussie tourguide: And heah’s the famous koala beah? Possibly the cutest crittah in God’s own? I’ll give you all a moment to sqee and crap your pants? You’ll notice that as an Aussie, I am totally immune to this crittah’s cuteness?– oh STREWTH it’s got a baby , SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

25. Gah, koalas are uber-cute! I am in the throes of PMS so pictures of anything cute,sad,sweet,tragic, wonderful, or totally mundane make me want to weep copiously!

26. PS: CRIKEY SHE’S A BEAUT!

27. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

G.Rock, you are correct…”aught”-five. Aught meaning “zero or cipher.”

28. Sweet! New wallpaperes for moi!!

29. kodalai says:

Amy: Um, are you sure you want to be on CO then? Danger, Will Robinson… ;)

Sue: I’ve seen that video before, but I still love it every time!

30. Katrina says:

OOOH, I’m so glad I bought the Deluxe Cute Overload with the Bonus Babies feature!

31. Katrina, that’s CO Platinum, and we can’t see it if we chew our own food. :mrgreen:

32. Oh…the ear fluff. THE FLUFF!

33. Where is the “share on Facebook” button??? :(

[Dunno -- where do you last remember seeing it? - Ed.]

34. Katrina says:

Theresa- Mphpghphmunmumph, ok, I swallowed my tree. What?

35. berthaservant says:

PHONY BEAR!!! Stop pretending to be a bear!!!

(Please do not stop being cute).

36. The free rotation actually diminished the koala’s cuteness, unfortunately.

37. Poohbear says:

Hon Glad, that was spot on. Thought I was the only one to remember Burl Ives around here.

Oh and def rule # 7.

Koalas keell me ded. *ker-thunk*

38. Super cuddly and cute!!!

so ♥ ‘em

Cute video on Wild Baby KoalaTinkerbell!
    Tinkerbell is a tiny 375g joey (baby koala) at the Koala Hospital. She is currently in home care with expert koala foster mums.

39. Caption was dead on target. ahhing over mom, scrolling down to next photo—
    ahhhh!!!1

40. I love the pink lips! And the one in the video looks cute too! Thanks CUTE ‘N’ FUNNY to share! :D

Koala are such fascinating animals!

41. Katrina says:

I remember Burl Ives with great fondness. You are not alone.

42. Poohbear says:

For Katrina :
    Go tell Aunt Rhodie, go tell Aunt Rho-o-die, go tell Aunt Rhodie
    That her old grey goose is ***
    (technically gone to the Rainbow Bridge)

43. eternalcanadian says:

eeeeee, baby koalas. i wish people would stop developing the land the koalas need for their home and food. i’ve never understood the need for gigantic homes when our grandparents were perfectly happy in small homes. i even grew up in one, and i turned out okay. plus a heck of a lot less to clean and a much lower carbon footprint.