Encore: Nice Antennae, Baby.

Spring is here, and our lawn’s got the dandelions to prove it.  Yaaay.
Never mind that, though; this CO Classic is prettier.

Ladies and Gentlemens, I present to you: The Tiniest of Feets!

Ladybug

Nuri P., nice email sig:

(\__/)
(=’.’=)
(“)_(“)

Comments

1. Ladybug Ladybug, fly away home –
    but let me check out your feetlets first.
    Ah, ladybugs. The happy confetti of the insect world!

2. Elizabeth says:

Super Cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Charlene says:

It’s snowing here: the green grass looks cuter than the little bug!

4. mervtheflamingo says:

Charlene,

Where are you that it’s snowing?

[I was wondering that too... - Ed.]

5. marthava says:

Such a perfect Spring pic, Theo. Thank you. And her leetle antennae remind me of Uncle Martin on My Favorite Martian. *sigh* What a great show THAT was. :)

6. lucy's mommeh says:

I love ladybugs, but not so happy when one of the little snots are the bitey kind!
    I was stunned when it happened to me a few years ago.

7. vegas vickie says:

Ladybugs, the best!

8. dawgpup93 says:

Yay ladybug or gentlebug ^_^

9. superboymom says:

Love the ladybug . . . my favorite color!

How ’bout a COXCU?

10. Caitlin says:

But Teho, dandelions are awesome!! They’re delicious and healthy, and besides, grass lawns aren’t all they’re cracked up to be. :)

:D

11. Annie J. says:

I la-la-love! ladybugs <3

12. berthaservant says:

Um, Alex, thanks for the story, not sure how it’s related, and everyone should know that it is an R-rated story with bad language. (Some might say X-rated, but not me).

Yay ladybug!

13. chanpon says:

Ah, one of the few bugs that don’t freak me out and that I actually welcome in my home. They’re adorable. Is it just me or can I hear a “plink plink” when I look at this picture?

14. I love dandelions. They are such a welcome sight, the bright dots of sunny yellow after a long gray winter.

Ladybugs are a welcome sight too, for the same reason. They are good bugs to have around — they don’t sting us, and they’re good for gardens.

15. Here in Australia it’s winter (the temp is 28C not F thru the day)but we still see ladybirds and they are so special!!

16. Woods Walker says:

The Ladtbugs dark secret is out . They like Dragon Flies are preditors. Maybe you smelled like a aphid to that Ladybug.-Woodds Walker

17. Peekyweeky says:

I like how tiny his or her feet are!!!!

18. puddlepeppers says:

My husband buys small ladybug balloons that I can wear on my wrist. The balloons only last a few days, but he’s a keeper.
    *O0<

19. Oh so not a ladybug???

Well you learn something everyday!!LOL!

20. Caitlin says:

From what I can tell, that’s *not* an asian lady beetle. There are a lot of kinds of lady bugs, though, and I’m no entomologist.

Apparently the Asian kind are the ones that tend to bite. This reassures me, because I was very offended the first few times a “nice” ladybug tried to bite me!!

21. Gah! I’m embarrassed to admit this, but ladybugs freak me out. Those wing flaps… *shudder* In fact, I’m pretty much afraid of the entire phylum Arthropoda (i.e., insects, arachnids, crustaceans). So I’ll just be scrolling down to find more kitteh pictures now…

22. lucy's mommeh says:

Woods Walker-Seriously, I’m WAAAAY too big to be an aphid….

I remember walking past some cabins once & the ladybugs were swarming on some cabins. We’ve even had it happen on our house once. Better that than bees or hornets…..

23. haha, great email sig! And great little feets!

24. This beetle is the one that always appears in nursery rhymes! XD

There is a yellow one with black spots too. They are just as adorable. Also super tiny. Feels like a very light sucker stuck on your finger. But will ply off once you touch it.

The wings are hidden under the hard shells. XD

25. hon glad says:

I see her in pink ballet slippers.

26. Kristabelle says:

@ lucy’s mommeh – I was out gardening a few weeks ago and I felt this *BITE* on my elbow – I look down and what’s there? a ladybug!!! I had no idea they would bite. Couldn’t believe it!

27. I LOVE LADYBUGS THERE SOOOOOO CUTE I LOVE THEM AWWWWWWWWWWW