Orange Marmasplosion

Peeps, if I’m doin’ the posts today, I’m postin’ some tabby tigers. Noooo apologies. You did know there’s a whole Flickr group full of these fine felines, right?

Rule of Cuteness #4: more than one species of baby flopping around is cute

The color coordination is irresistible, and the low-down camera angle just accentuates the fact they are not much larger than the blades of grass they sit on. *But* I give them an 8.5—no paws are up, and there is the BEF on the bunny (Beady Eye Factor)

rule-of-cuteness_kitten_and_bunny

Peeky McPeekerson Jr.

Hey, how did that kitten get on my grandma’s floor? [Best linoleum pattern Evar!]

kitten peeks around door

step 1: DEMOstep 2: CLEANINGstep 3: SURFACE PREPstep 4: LOW EARTH ORBITstep 5: RENOVATION COMPLETE

Christina R., beautiful job.

Penta-Cat

What’s more delicious? this kitten stack from *Roes* Flickr Photostream or THIS 100-by-100 stack of In and Out Burgers??!

5 cat stack

Thanks, Anne L.!

CuteOverload—where you can expect the maximum kittens per square inch

We really pack ‘em in, People.

Rhum, the orange Italian

Rhum the kitten and Aluccia wrote in, and all Aluccia said was: “i love him.”

P.S. Desktop photo alert! We’re talking twice life-sized, People!

Comments

1. Von Zeppelin says:

If you start your kittens young in the habit of stacking themselves neatly while snoozing, you avoid the embarrassment of Picture #4’s Sloppy Drunken Sprawling Cat. (He does look pretty happy, though)

2. Paunchie says:

OH MY GAW!

3. Cheen-cheen :-)

I really adore the fur inside kitchie ears. I miss fuzzy ears in general. I wish Richard had external ears. He just has a scaly circle on either side of his head :-(

4. Paunchie says:

c’est un portrait de Theo??

[LOL, no; my facial hair's dark red. - Ed.]

5. If you’re looking for marmie’s, definitely check out http://www.theittybittykittycommittee.com/ . Their latest foster kittens are 3 boy marmie’s, and one little girl that is a torbie!

6. Kallisto says:

Has anyone made sure that Bservant won’t hyperventilate when he sees these?

7. Kallisto — heh heh heh hehhhhh. :twisted:

8. Kallisto says:

@Compy-Saur: I’ve looked at Richard and I must say, he looks great. Very royal and distinguished. Beautiful pet you have there!

9. Kallisto says:

Teho – diabolical ;-)

10. Haha omg my grandmother has the same linoleum! ^___^

11. berthaservant says:

Really, Teho?

REALLY?

First of all, the renovating pics need to be full-size for us to appreciate your talent.

Second…I just…I mean, there’s the question, how much more marmie could this be? And the answer is none. None more marmie.

The cat and the bun breaking bread (er, grass) together should be on every world leader’s desk.

And the stacked marmies….I can’t go on….

…talk amongst yourselves….

Thanks, Theo. (And C.O.) :-)

12. BEF is a good think. GOOOOOD! *shakes fist at heavens*

13. Noooo, my childhood kitchen floor!!!!!!!!

14. Nicolletta says:

*pulls up all the marmie kitties and bunnies and digs into the marmalicious goodness*

15. OMG there has been a marmie kitten explosion on CO … It is spring!

16. LOLDemon says:

“Stack cats” continues to be a palindrome. Further news as events warrant.

17. P.S. Thanks Theo…. For all the kitties.

18. That last picture makes me squeal. Although Marmies are cute, I love the super-orange kitties best!

19. EXCELLENT, Theo! We could never have too many orange tabbies. I’d LOVE to see an encore presentayshe of the bag fat orange cat who was so decadently sprawled on his back with NO privacy tail (except I can’t remember when or the title or anything helpful like that).

As I always tell my own BFOC, Jack: Every home should have an orange cat, and every orange cat should have a home.

Then I sing his song, to the tune of An English Teacher from Bye Bye Birdie: “An oooraaange tabeeeeee! An ooorraannge tabeeeeee! A big fat cat by the name of Ja-aaaaack!” He runs away when I hit the high note. Harrumph.

20. OMG – soooooo super cute!

♥ em!

21. holligans says:

Teho, I love your penchant for renovations.
    Marmie + linoleum + wooeeeeooo + space shuttle + hardwood = done!

22. dawgpup93 says:

kitteh!!! ^_^

23. Cutest totem pole ever!

24. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww cute!! que lindas =)

25. Symmetrical cat stacking. Just like the Philadelphia mass turbulence of 1947.

[Why do I feel like I remember that?? - Ed.]

26. That kitten in the second pic just did something bad.

27. holligans says:

Hee hee, Patito.
    No human would stack books like that.

28. Oh man. THANK YOU. Orange kitties are my favorite. That’s not to say I don’t love my grey kitty but orange kitties have a personality all their own!
    Orange Cat and Grey Cat say hello from Sun Diego!

29. I have an orange tabby. This post makes me feel special. :)

30. N. Fritz says:

You can call me Betty,
    and Betty when you call me
    you can call me “Al”!

31. puddlepeppers says:

Theo…thanks for marmies and sunshine! Need the smiles. Love the special
    floor treatments for little marmie. And the stack of kitties–talk about cute
    overload. Favorite hovertext is “bunnyguard.”
    Decca…”totem pole” LOL.
    *O0<

32. Paunchie says:

OMG those first two kittehs ! I want to pick them up and snorf them! And teh bunneh twoooo

33. kibblenibble says:

I just imagine that Rhum the kitteh in pic four is the sweetest bebeh. I loooovve heem! Want!

34. How gorgeous are they???

Can I take ‘em all home???

35. danielie says:

I loooove the first picture. :) Kitty-Bunny Adorableness Tag-Team. And the hovertext just rocks.

36. Teresa says:

All of those orange tabbies are just asking to be snuggled by me :) If I could just get my hands on them :twisted: I would :twisted:

37. chanpon says:

Someone’s been watching too much Ghostbusters…
    And OMG, marmies galore!!

38. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law (hi, Roon!) have that exact pattern of tile on their kitchen floor!

39. Mmmmm delicious marmalade! An excellent selection!

40. bees on pie says:

The E-RAD-I-CATOR!

41. While I have a soft spot for orange kittehs, In-n-Out is my true weakness. …Must….resist….

42. maijasservant says:

Squeeeeeee! I have that same uber-icky vinyl flooring in my studio.

Me loves marmalade.

43. kawaiiinvaders says:

Love your pictures!

44. It’s a Marmie Gras parade! (throws beads)

45. ShonaSquee says:

Yay beads!!! Are they orange coloured?? *put on mask with feathers*

46. The cat in the last picture desperately needs a poke in the belly. He’s just begging for it. I am willing to volunteer to give him said poke. i think he also needs a scratch behind the ears and a spoon of tuna. I’m sure it’s what any vet would recommend. Again, I’m here if you need me.

47. Spoon o’ tuna, or sack o’ tilapia? :P

48. omigoodness, cute kitten, but I’m RIVETED by the linoleum – my parents had that exact stuff in their kitchen when I was a kid – I think maybe it went in in the early 70’s. Hadn’t thought about it in years, too funny!

49. Marmasplosion is right! All we need is a kitten puddle and we’re set to go!

50. AuntieMame says:

Ooh! They’re all fabulous, but the Rhum-inator is one of my favorite kitteh photos ever. I love the dippy smile!

51. Starlinguk says:

I’ve had a string of cats, but my marmie is the only one who takes up these redonkulous sleeping posishes.

52. Starlinguk says:

I wonder why wordpretzel has reverted back to my old avatar, when I check my account my new avatar is deffo on there!

53. berthaservant says:

I thought for sure I posted a response to this yesterday, but apparently not. Apparently I was ded from the cute and simply imagined that in the afterlife I posted a comment.

But I’m fine today. Perhaps.

(Also, needless to say, this is one of my fave posts evah).

[How about FOUR of your faves? ;) - Ed.]

54. Reera the Red says:

Well, as long as you’re featuring orange kitties, I’ll introduce the litter an adopted stray presented me with last September: Shasti’s babies. Shasti’s story is here.

55. AuntieMame says:

Reera, those pics are lethally adorable! Theo and Berthas might take warning and turn on their shields before they click the link. :)

56. Oh my gosh, Reera – the cute! It kills! And it’s pretty amazing that she gave birth to so many orange girls.

57. Love all the tigers! [i mean their prints]

They look so innocent in the third picture. [the lined up one]

Wonder how they get all the cats/kittens to sleep in-line. The kitties i come to contact with are all too hyperactive to do so. =/

58. AWWW :) I am so glad you were able to help Shasti (beautiful name, where did it come from) and her 8 babies, Reera the Red :) If a cat has such a large litter, would she be able to have more kittens :? I have heard if dogs have a large litter, that is that because the womb gets too badly stretched out or damaged :(

59. gatita bonita says:

Let’s get Fatso, the ubiquitous marmalade “Keyboard Cat” to join the fun. Perhaps he will make a cameo performance!

60. puddlepeppers says:

Yes, let’s have Fatso the marmalade cat playing keyboard on the best float in
    Pyrit’s Marmie Gras parade! ShonaSquee can throw the beads, and we can all
    wear masks with feathers as we wave tall feathered fans to please marmies
    reclining on velvety couches.

61. Shasti is a Caturday post in all her glory, surrounded by her own Marmispsosion!
    All her babies are so gorgeous!

62. hon glad says:

Much marmalation I’ve been marmalised.

Reera- Wonderous piccies of cat and kitties, the feeding ones especially.

63. Reera the Red says:

Teresa — cats who have large litters will frequently continue to have large litters; that’s often a genetic trait. However, I had Shasti spayed after her kittens were weaned, so it’s now a moot point in her case. Oh, and she is named after a Hindu goddess of childbirth. It seemed appropriate.

64. @Gatita, the thing about Fatso the keyboard cat, is not only is he cute, but he also brings to the world a new and devastatingly asinine earworm!!

65. I love “Marmie Gras”! And Reera: EIGHT marmie kitties–how lucky can you get? Wonderful pictures!

66. My grandma has the same linoleum too!!! Makes you wonder where it came from and what it’s called. :-)

67. Noelle (the First) says:

@fft5305…you beat me to it, Michael!

My Mom and I do have that linoleum pattern in our kitchen. Don’t know what it’s called but it must have been really popular in the early 70’s. Although we don’t have a cute kitty on ours. We do have an adorable doggie though.

68. Bottom Kitteh is having an Orange Contest with him blankie.

He’s winning.

69. ariesgirl says:

Bunneh…kitteh…homina…homina…(loss of power of speech due to xtreme cuteness).

70. Rooanne says:

This is SO conikedental — I JUST found that Flikr site last week and joined!! I have a lot of pics of my orange & white kitty Yiska to post (look for the one where he’s sitting up on a chair acting like he’s a human. That is if I get around to uploading).

71. Rooanne says:

Wa?? wait a minute? Marmiegras? When is it? do I need a costume (for my cat, of course)?
    And Theo, and Reera – I think I’m in Marmie Overload. Heeeeelp…..

72. Thank you for the information on cats having large litters and the meaning of Shasti’s name, Reera the Red :) Shasti is probably very grateful to be spayed after having 8 kittens :)

73. dilanim says:

I really like the cat with longer ears, are they twins. :) :) :)