Sweet Georgia Brown!

We knew they were shellfish junkies, but these otters have a basketball jones, too. (I’ll bet even these guys could beat the Washington Generals.)

Comments

1. The seals on the swings looked very peaceful… That looked like something I would dream!

2. A-ha! I think I caught some double-dribbling. :-)

3. Jackal says:

I love the cute otters!

4. slam dunk!

5. The seals on the swings is the Best. THE. BEST. THING. EVER.

and….did I miss it? what IS the winning caption for yesterday’s contest?

6. 260Oakley says:

Harlem Globe Otters

7. Oh Have mercy..How the heck am i supposed to get any thing done today if I am watching this video over and over. HEhehehehe

8. Birdcage says:

What is with Mr. Complete Indifference at the .17 sec mark? You are playing basketball with the Welcome Back Otters: muster some enthoosiasm! (OMG – did I just “nuff” someone?)

9. berthaservant says:

I know from the very discreet Cheech and Chong reference that this was a NTMTOM post (well, also from the byline).

This video also kind of meanders in that weird Japanese game-show kind of way. (What does the swing thing mean at the end).

Globeotters in 7!!

10. The Koreans are catching up to the Japanese in the ridiculously cute animal video category.

Those seals look very happy.

11. Unfortunately, the seals …what? The scroll of related videos at the bottom prevented me from seeing!

12. Kristabelle says:

That is so fun! They look like they are having a great time!

Speaking of the Harlem Globe Trotters, hubby and I just saw them in March for the first time. Expensive but entertaining.

13. cheesybird says:

260Oakley FTW!

14. Jimbeaux says:

Seals on swings! Super-awsome! Maybe there’s some on the local playground…

*cranes neck out window* Nope. Just kids. The kids are cute, but… Seals!

15. balamuthia says:

Basketball joooooones, I gotta basketball jones!!

That basketball was like a basketball to me .

16. Argyle Donkeypants says:

I hate to be a nuffer, but I think the decision to leave the 3-2 zone defense in favor of a flipper-to-flipper defense was a bad one, in light of the fact that the point guard is rocket-fast and they’ve got two big guys down in the paint who can keep posting up and scoring all day.

17. so cute !!! I want the same :)

18. balamuthia says:

@Argyle

Bahahaha! *high five*

19. Von Zeppelin says:

I will add to the nuffs of our distinguished colleague Argyle Donkeypants and point out that swimming with the ball on your belly is clearly a traveling violation.

(Looking smug and flipping through NCAA rule book) Hmmm. This rule clearly refers to the position and motion of FEET while controlling the ball. Possibly different rules apply when flippers are involved.

(Referee blows whistle, ejects Von Zeppelin for technical foul (uninformed nuffing))

20. WendyPinNJ says:

Key-ute! Otters are amazing!!!

I’m sure that video wouldn’t have been as cute without that fun, funky, happy music!

21. My favorite touch: the slow-motion. I had to laugh. C’mon, the otter wasn’t moving THAT fast! I think I caught it the first time.

22. shannomo says:

They are “otterly” qte!

23. Hey, can we keep the ‘technical foul for uninformed nuffing”. I llikee.

24. This week’s New Yorker has a piece about a girls’ basketball team and their unrelenting use of full-court press. Their coach was a soccer coach, who adapted soccer tactics to b-ball.

These guys are cool, and could definitely take it to the Knicks as well as the Generals!

25. kathleenb says:

The funniest thing I’ve ever seen is a family of otters who just discovered the joys of a beach ball. They’d jump on it, it would sink for a second, then pop right back up. Endless amusement!

26. Significant says:

It’s like being stolen from your huge oceanside mansion and being forced to live in a cardboard box. But you get to learn how to play basketball! TOTALLY WORTH IT!

27. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

@argyle donkeypants–love your name!!!

28. Ahaha! The swings, the SWINGS! I am slayed. :D

29. OMG, that is brilliant! And seals on underwater swings! What´s next?! LOL :D

30. Oh My Goodness – how cute!!!!!!!

♥ luv ‘em!!!!!

31. The look on the guy’s face that’s tossing the otter the basketball is too funny! Bored times 1000.

32. Jenn in IL says:

@SaraAnderson:

“Unfortunately, the fur seals were relegated to the swings.”

That’s what the seal quote said. Man, if I were throwing balls for otters to dunk, I’d be a heck of a lot happier about it than that guy!

33. thicktortiethintabby says:

I “had” to watch it again to see the guy’s face. :: cracking up ::

34. Stella3 says:

For me, this belongs in ‘Cute or Sad.’ The guy looks bored because they probably do this show 15 times a day… it’s exploitation. Sorry to be a downer.
    [Oh hey, don't let it stop you or anything, y'know. - Ed.]

35. Super clever! XD

The otters are cute but i prefer the seals on the swings at the end. XD

And i had to watch again for the guy too. lol.