“Bambi, c’mon over to my place”

“C’mon in. We got snacks, beers, Rock Band 2. Make yourself at home, Girl.”

Chief Sister Officer AND Josh N. sent this one in SAMEULTINEOUSLY!

Comments

1. AnonaMiss says:

Can’t see anything…

2. Me, either!

3. where’s the picture? :(

4. Neither can I. Someone forget to upload the pic or something?

5. Today is “use your imagination” day. :) What image do you think the caption is describing?

6. Lerrinus says:

Oh deer, where’s the pic?

7. I think Meg has been having some cocktails or something.

8. Beth (in NC) says:

I am picturing a fawn on drums, riiiiiiiiight NOW!

9. Nice kitty… wait, what? How did THAT happen? What is this, a fold-up legs fawn-spawn?

10. How do these things happen?! And why do they never happen to me?!

11. My jaw dropped- oh, that we had a cat/fawn door! Oh,oh,oh, I WANT ONE!

12. OMG I just watched this like an hour ago and here it is.. Okay so I didn’t click the link yet but still .. I

13. Beth (in NC) says:

Duuuuude what up with that muzik? :-)

14. DaytimeDeb says:

Fluffy brought his latch-key friend Dot home from school again.

15. mervtheflamingo says:

Awww! I want a giraffe-door. Imagine that. :)

16. Von Zeppelin says:

Cats ‘n’ Racks tag? I appreciate the cleverness, but this little guy doesn’t even have nubs yet. Would Cats ‘n’ Potential Racks be too philosophical?

17. Starlinguk says:

*SPROIIIOIOINNNNGGGG*

18. This fawn would be mighty good at the limbo…*ideas going wild*

19. That’s one bendy fawn. S/he’s like a fawn poseable action figure.

20. The poor thing. It looks so fragile, teetering on those toothpick legs. I was amazed it could fit through the cat flap.

21. berthaservant says:

This has been on yahoo front page for a couple of days, was wondering when we’d see it. Yay deercat!

22. What is the likelihood that the camera was just there and running, ready for when the fawn came visiting? I’m guessing this is staged–but I love it anyway.

23. Lerrinus says:

Awwwwww! :-)

24. Transpogue says:

Watch the timing on the video….the fawn comes in first. ;)

25. nope the fawn came in after the cat but I am guessing this is not the first time the little fawn came in the cat door. this would be why there is a camera set up on a tripod.

26. oops I looked again you are right the deer came in first. and magical editing ensued.

27. Well, you can call Pizza Hut and tell them to cancel that order. Other arrangements have just been made.

*ahem* But in all honesty, I hope it wasn’t too hard to get the little contortionist out of the house again. Hopefully, mom was just outside waiting.

28. themegster says:

Man, I submitted this weeks ago.. Super cute!

29. Wow, how did that deer get through that tiny door? I feel like Im watching something from Alice in Wonderland…

30. “My house is the one all the kids go to.” :mrgreen:

31. duck au vin says:

I put a trail of deer corn leading up to the cat door…(shifty eyes)…
    *O0<

32. duck au vin says:

chanpon, your idea about the limbo …LMAO.

33. duck au vin says:

*O0<

34. kibblenibble says:

I love how the little fawn’s front legs start sliding apart on the hard floor until he gets the rest of himself in and can reach the rug. So Bambi-esque! :-)

35. puddlepeppers says:

Bambi–Boola-Boola!

36. puddlepeppers says:

I was “duck au vin”, but the only animal picture I have for a gravatar is of the nice
    older dog we adopted from a shelter in 2006. He’s a fun, mellow dog named
    “Tony”…Also, the nickname for myself I could get accepted as not already used is “puddlepeppers”–It’s ok with a dog picture–I’m having fun–hope you are too!

37. paranoiagirl says:

My dad’s family used to take care of a wide variety of animals and one of the babies they fostered was a deer named Bambi. If they’d had a “cat door” in the house, I could totally see this happening :D

38. Martha in Washington says:

I’m off to the hardware store to look for one of those Bambi doors. *grabs car keys and runs out*

39. “So, whaddya say you and I grab a few bucks and head into town”

40. So, if beernuts are 2 dollars, what are deernuts?

Under a buck…

(just… couldn’t…. hold…. back….)

41. Beside my cats the only extra that comes through my cat flap is a black Tom who pees.

42. cheesybird says:

*snort* @ SoCalSis!

43. Too cute for words :) What a surprise to come home to find such a cutie pootie in your home!!! >^..^<

44. blogmaisengrasado says:

where’s the pic?

45. mervetheflamingo- I too want a giraffe. Speculating on the engineering/planning necessary to have a giraffe and have an accompanying giraffe door and calculating the possibility of a giraffe actually coming through said giraffe door by serendipity rather than the aforementioned engineering/planning, (infinitesimal, as the door would be in central Connecticut), I’m resetting my hopes on other things first. But Should YOU have the good fortune with YOUR giraffe door, could I come over and pet your giraffe? Just a little friendly skritch between the soft and tufted horns?

46. Lerrinus says:

Thank you SoCalSis, I now have coffee all over my keyboard! ;-)

47. 5^^now8ing says:

But Bambi was actually a boy, wasn’t he?
    @duckauvan/puddlepeppers — what’s *O0< ? (no doubt a stupid question – apologies in advance)

48. brinnann says:

5^^now8ing, it took me a while to figure it out, but I think it’s supposed to be a duck.
    * tail
    O body
    0 head
    < beak
    *O0<

49. SoCalSis– snerk!

50. Hmmmm…. wonder wut Bambi did when he/she got in the house; probly searched all over, looking for other Disney absconders….. :wink:

51. AuntieMame says:

So how big a cat door do you need to attract a giraffe?

And how do you convert that into hippopotamus-sized?

52. giraffe door! brilliant!

53. Cute :) But what’s with the chipmunk muzak in the background??…

54. Janice of the Nine says:

Adorable! Makes me want to put a cat door in, but in my neighborhood all I’d likely get would be an opossum. Cute, but not “OMG How Cute!”.

And what IS with the speeded-up chipmunk voices?