They’ll Hire any Birdbrain These Days

“… well, here’s one, then: Help desk support for busy customer-service center, no selling, part-time evenings plus Saturdays.  No experience or critical reasoning skills required, will train.  Applicants of avian descent strongly encouraged.

...and you even have your MCSE certification, so you're a lock! More retro-donkulousness from Flickr Commons.

Comments

1. Starlinguk says:

Ah, but you missed the bit at the bottom: “flightless birds need not apply”.

It’s always the way. Sigh.

2. duck au vin says:

Awwww, and I was going to apply.
    >0O*

3. Kristabelle says:

(Ahem, Ed? It’s MCSE – Microsoft Certified Sys Eng)

Bok!

4. This is part of the new push for Avian Diversity in the workforce.

5. It’s like Mr. Ed, but with an ostrich!

“Ohhhh, Wilbur!”

6. Von Zeppelin says:

“I see on the sports page that the Yankees and the Red Sox are neck and neck for second in the American League East.”

7. snapsz18 says:

That newspaper is upside down.

8. Birdcage says:

Love birds, great photo – looks a bit like an ostrich sock puppet to me, dunno why. It would clearly need to be a LONG sock.

9. Argyle Donkeypants says:

Take it from Boyd here: You can be flightless and still achieve upward mobility.

10. hon glad says:

Can I eat your paper when you’ve finished.

11. Kristabelle says:

Birdcage – I love your Avatar!

12. Paunchie says:

does anyone else think that guy is gonna get a big peck on the haid?

POK!

13. Von Zep, and all cutepeeps– “REDONKULOUS” made its way into a Mets broadcast last week. The broadcasters, Gary Cohen and Ron Darling were talking about someone’s “ridiculously good” stats, and Gary said, “For that, I think you need to go to REDONKULOUS.” I actually jerked up and screamed a little. :D

14. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

@Kristabelle: Whoops, fixed it–thanks. I guess C.O. will hire any birdbrain these days. :-)

15. superboymom says:

“Excuse me, but that paper was lining my bathroom floor.” Can’t see poor birdies legs crossed behind the door.

16. After viewing the pic, my first reaction was: I would hire the bird instead of the guy because Misture Burd looked smarter….then, after Snapsz18’s observation that the paper was upside-down, I think I would appoint Mr. B. as department manager…..!

17. God, I hate it when people read over my shoulders!

18. An ostrich is an ostrich, of course, of course. And no one can talk to an ostrich of course….That is, of course, unless the ostrich is the famous imposter Ned.

19. berthaservant says:

NTMTOM, lurve the Julius H. Hirschfeld avatar. :-)

20. Ok, I’m bummed that JB and fillyjonk beat me to the Mr. Ed gags!

Is it just me, or does the man strongly resemble the ostrich?

21. Hey, the guy’s kinda cute too. He has has a droopy lidded sort of Paul McCartneyesque thing going there. :)

22. weird

23. Kristabelle says:

Actually, the guy reminds me of Dick van Dyke in his younger, Mary Poppins/Dick van Dyke show years…

24. so why is the paper upside down ? to aid in a speedy getaway when the bird gets annoyed, or bored – or BOTH ?

25. < rimshot > … or maybe he’s in Australia … < /rimshot >