Worst job ever

Ferret Door Stop

lolalucy-029

According to Sender-Inner Loki S., Ferret “Jack” just woke up there.

Comments

1. He’s even sticking his tongue out. Maybe he should take a look at the classifieds if he really does hate it that much.
    The most adorable doorstop I’ve ever seen though!

2. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

The pink noseage and tongueage is edorable.

3. Aha, that’s so cute. Cute little ferret. Pink nose. Pink tongue. Nomable ears.

4. But wait!!! Where’s the “tongue-hance” secondary photo??!!

5. I would have to agree with Miki here… I was totally expecting some serious tongue-hance action

6. Is that a ferret TONGUE??

7. 260Oakley says:

Poor ferret, always in a jamb.

8. Ferrets are so amazingly silly…

I too must add a request for a tongue-hance. Pretty please?

9. Aw, what a fantastic idea for a draft stopper! Only work until he ran away, tho…

10. Raemie L says:

Ahn at the “pathetic look” of his eyes. Why hadn’t I noticed how goggle-eyed and cute ferret eyes were till now?

11. I’d like to order 3 for the 3 doors in my apt please. Best door stoppers ever.

12. Juniper Jupiter says:

HOLY CRAP!!! GET THE DOOR OFF MEH!!! SOME DUMB IDGET SLAMMED THE DOOR OPEN AND KNOCKED THE WIND OUT OF MEH!!! :D

13. Yes, why isn’t there a closeup of this ferret’s tongue? I’ve never seen a ferret with its tongue sticking out!

14. “phphbbt!”, and I quote.

15. Really enjoyed this! Can’t stop laughing.

16. Samantha says:

:P

17. It looks like his tongue’s sticking out cause he’s being squooshed by the door, like those weird stress things where the eyes and mouth pop out. makes me almost like ferrets. :.)

18. Samantha says:

I didn’t want no smiley face!
    :P
    There we go?

19. Can we get some starburst sparkle effect on that glistening tongue, please?

20. kibblenibble says:

Can thomebody move thith door, pleathe?

21. duck au vin says:

Samantha, I thought the smiley face was a real cute comment…Jack the ferret…
    don’t think door stop is in your job description…coworkers talk the new guy into
    unbelievable stuff…
    >0O*

22. Hahaha, 260Oakley!

23. “Honey, why does the door sqeak AFTER we open the door?”

24. Thhhbt, come and get me.

25. thats so cute, but the poor ferret looks squished

26. *plink* *ehn*

27. miss my ferrets!!!

28. Any chance of a toungehance?

29. Mike G., LMAO.

30. Right back at you, pbbbt! http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarahmcgill/3298586989/ (This is my ferret girl with her tongue out hehe)

31. brinnann says:

Ahn. Sarah, what a prosh bebeh you have!

32. Argyle Donkeypants says:

Reminds me of a great movie line: “Put…ze candle…back.”

33. Rapwnzel says:

I was looking into buying a ferret but I noticed how smelly they are at the pet store. Are they truly stinky? Or is that pet store incompetent at cleaning out their cages? I had a friend who owned one and I don’t remember it smelling bad. Thanks!

34. brinnann says:

Rapwnzel, I’ve never owned a ferret, but the ones I’ve met smelled like Fritos. I think you have to have some kind of scent gland removed, otherwise they smell much, much worse than Fritos. But I could be terribly wrong.

35. Rapwnzel and brinnann — yeah, ferretskies do need to be ‘deodorized’ when they get neutered, otherwise they do smell rather musky / pongy. I used to work in a vet clinic and the ‘deodorizing’ was part of the package.

I still think they smell (their droppings are really bad so cages must be cleaned daily to keep the smell down)… and they tend to rush into a corner of the house when released from their cage for a little exercise and have a poop there. Having cared for plenty of ferrets at the clinic and for friends who owned some, I know I don’t want one. But they are funny clowns nonetheless.

36. Argyle Donkeypants says:

@Rapwnzel: I’ve got 5 rescue ferrets now, and have had several in the past as well. They do have a naturally musky smell, even after they’ve been descented. Some people hate it and others don’t mind so much. The more you bathe them, the worse it gets, so don’t bathe them unless they get into something truly nasty. I recommend reading Ferrets for Dummies; it’ll give you a good idea of what your experience will be like as a new ferret owner.

I also recommend that you look for a shelter in your area, rather than buying a ferret. There are lots of ferrets in shelters because some people buy them and then aren’t ready for the care, expense, and yeah, the smell.

37. Jack looks like he might be playing hide and seek; probly waiting to jump out at the next passing family member and give them a big smooooch; (that is, if ferrets DO give kissees, I dunno…..but Jack looks a loveable guy…)

38. Are they naturally inclined to use litterboxes (I’ve seen some that do) or do they have to be trained?

39. Thud! Every time someone swings open the door

40. Argyle Donkeypants says:

They’re big fans of the *idea* of litterboxes, but it’s unrealistic to expect a 100% hit rate. 75% is more realistic.

Ditto on what Snowpea said: Their #2s stink pretty bad, and they p00p several (4-6) times a day, so litterboxes should be cleaned daily (or even twice daily) to keep the aroma in check.

Oh, and on the question of kisses: Some don’t, but some do! I’ve got 2 right now that are big kissers. So schmoopy, those little guys.

41. Paunchie says:

who knew they were smelly little poop machines?? Not meh.

I don’t trust them ferrets! They look like trouble makers, like they’d get into everything.

Or maybe I’ve been reading Get Fuzzy too much….

42. if trained correctly, ferrets will use a litterbox (they even have corner litterbox’s made just for them) or newspaper or wee wee pads. Their poop stinks mainly due to certain foods (mostly a poor diet). certain diets can produce poops that have little to no stink at all. I have worked closely with a rescue that is run from a couple’s house and when you walk in, there is no animal smell. you would never know their were over 30 ferrets in that house…. its all about good care and maintaining healthy habits. Ahhh but they do steal things and hide them in special hidey holes… but its kinda fun to play hide and go seek with them.. :)

43. berthaservant says:

Still illegal in California, even though we have a terrible doorstop shortage.

44. Paunchie says:

30 ferrets??! no way! wow.

45. Its all about a strict proper carnivore diet. That fishy stuff they feed at the pet stores is what maked them stinky. And yep cleaning the tiny poops daily is a must. At least they’re not great danes! Oh and tonguehance please!