Let’s incubate

“Hey Bebeh…”

Señor Suave

“Yes?” [shifty eyes]

[Plink plink!]

“Let’s you and me snuggle under the heat lamp.”

I worked hours on my hair. Got a tip from a guy in Jersey.

[Giggle] “OK!”

Plinker

Ducks in lof brought to you by Alder D.

Comments

1. I caught a lot of flak recently for saying the baby duckies at TSC were cuter than the bunnies, but they were.

2. Duckie needs Frawnsh accent. ^_^

3. very nice

4. Birdcage says:

boid chicka boid boid

5. I Just voted for CO on the Webbything. It only took them 24 hours to get me my password, what was I so worried about? Well all is well now. There is something called crappycat that is ahead of CO now-why do people have to turn a delightful thing into a parody or a mockery? There are so few times I am in synch with or understand people. Time to ratchet things up. Peeps.

Go vote, Peeps (eating a blue Peep right now) AHhhhhhhhhh Ears first!

6. miaouxme says:

i lof theem!

7. eikoleigh says:

lol

8. Oh babe! Let’s misbehave!

9. kittyadventures says:

Senor Suave better be careful.. if he wears his duck pants too tight all the girl ducks will be chasing him.

10. A la Horatio Caine:
    “I guess you could say…that those are two…hot chicks.”
    YEEAAAAHHH

11. Horatio Caine? Just put down those sunglasses, sir, and back up. Nice and easy. That’s the way. Kthx.

12. @kittyadventures, “girl ducks”– wouldn’t that be duck chicks?

13. zeldapie says:

My goodness everyone, avert your eyes! Let’s give them a little privacy!

*peers through fingers

14. Argyle Donkeypants says:

Looks like those two ducklings are gonna get *down.*

15. Argyle Donkeypants says:

Looks like those two little ducklings are gonna get *down.*

16. Aaaaaawwwhhhhhh,
    look at that built-in smile!
    *heart splodes in chest and I dies*

17. make way for ducklings!

18. berthaservant says:

Meg has demonstrated (in still form) the concept of the “Kuleshov effect.” The stills/images themselves are quite neutral, but by adding the intertitles, Meg is artificially creating a sense of space/time and narrative. To reinforce the manipulation of the image, she has even used the same neutral images twice each. Although there is no phenomenological difference between photos 1 and 3, for example, we are conditioned to “read” photo 3 differently because of the context with which it appears among the other photos and text. In other words, the qte is all in our heads.

[Also, there is no spoon. - Ed.]

19. DaytimeDeb says:

Maybe it’s just me, but I keep hearing “AAFLAC” when I look at this series of pics. I don’t know where that sound is coming from…

20. Oh the eye capsules!!

21. serafemme says:

the second ducknugget has a runny bill. *applies tissue*

22. superboymom says:

@berthaservant

well said . . . I am so easily manipulated by the kyoot!

23. elledoubleyou says:

Go Ducks!!! (beat the sharks, which are in no way cute!)

24. BabyOpossum says:

Plinker is working the “waddle-hither look” to perfection.

25. Martha in Washington says:

They are just so sunshiney-yellow! They hurt my eyes to look. But I…must…look! Oh the pain! The cute! The pain!
    *squinting eyes to relieve the hurt*

26. Gee Berthaservant, I thought it was just a couple of Duck pictures. Little did I know. :0}

27. bookmonstercats says:

Also, contenders for America’s Next Top Model? I’d vote for them both.
    My goodness, tho’, what a come-hither look from the second duckie!!
    (Berthaservant, can you please confirm there are actually two duckies before I get my hyperthoidal overdriven thingy into a wotsit and make an idiot of myself on teh Qte blog?).

28. The Don Juan of Ducks!

29. Kristabelle says:

Cute little ducklings!!!

It might be wuv, twooo wuv…

30. duck au vin says:

You just KNOW this has to be my favorite post…If I advertise “HEAT LAMP” on my
    front porch, will cutest ducklings come to my door? Of course, my neighbors will wonder…Crazy about Ed. and “also there is no spoon.” Super-impressed with
    Berthaservant…quelle honneur.
    >0O*

31. duck au vin says:

OMG…It’s quel honneur.
    >0O*

32. I lurrrrve the duckies!!! We didn’t even have to ask for COXCU!!!!

33. Somebody should tell Don Juan Duckie:
    That he’s too young
    To get lucky!

(Or not: you never know….. :roll: )

34. “Let’s Incubate” sounds like a Cole Porter lyric! But it doesn’t rhyme with “Kuleshov effect,” does it now? Hmmmm.

35. This is the third time I’ve checked this post today, and I only just realized that these are two pictures repeated, rather than four different shots.

36. The force is strong in him, yes, my aprentissss, strongh, very stronghhh.
    Come to the dark yellow side. don`t fight it….blinkhhhblinkhh…

37. Ohh baby! Snuggling under a heat lamp sounds sweet.