White House Invaded by Bees!

According to CNN, the White House on Thursday was swarmed with annoying, buzzing insects. No, not the press corps–bees! Secret Service beekeepers rounded up the unusual suspects, and luckily our C.O. cameras were there to photograph the perp walk:

I was framed, I tells ya!  I'm the victim of a sting operation!
I'm worn out from all the flying, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Comments

1. Bwahahahah! Those are the cutest bees ever. I don’t see why anyone would mind them buzzing about.

2. BLEEENNNNN!!! How adorabuhls! I especially like the sleepy puppy and guinea pig bee.

3. Alexis H. says:

I want those bees! I wouldn’t mind finding those hanging about my place.

4. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

5. Someone clip those guinea pig nails!

6. There are few things cuter than the reaction of a dog whose ridiculous costume’s hood is slipping down over its eyes. It just magnifies the indignity.

7. Hey, we’ve seen another guin-bee pig on this site before. It’s been years, so I can’t expect to find it again, but… wow.

8. Lerrinus says:

*sting* operation!? *groan*

9. Kristabelle says:

These interlopers have no bees-knees being here!!! :p

10. hahaha,very funny,especially the last one~but the big bee’s eyes are covered.so,can he fly?haha~

11. lolol…the hovertext on the dachsie kills me.

12. Katiedid says:

Are there cat bees?!?!?!? and lol @ sting opperation hahahahhahahahahah

13. twokittymama says:

There probably are are cat bees, unfortunately their people are recovering in the hospital and were unable to take a picture.

14. These little BzzzzWzzzzers can swarm over me any time; in fact, I will put out some speshul treat biscuits and carrot strips to lure them;
    (Hurry up bee-type guys and get over here; I’m under the weather today and I want to play wif you…..Warning: I might not let you go home, and mebbee just keep you over the Easter weekend!!!) :wink:

15. kibblenibble says:

Aaaaaaawwwwwww!

16. Here’s another!

Bee Dog

17. duh wittle hamster is swooooo cute X3

18. skippymom says:

Reading “perp walk”…can’t help thinking “perpe walk”. Eeuww.

19. Hon Glad says:

Bee my bee my baybees
    My one and only baybees
    Baybee be my darling
    My darling tonight.

20. berthaservant says:

Why am I hearing “No Rain” by Blind Melon?

21. There is only one good response. That’s to link you to BeeDogs and apologize for the amount of time you’re all going to waste now. :)

22. momof2kittiesandapuppeh says:

I’m allergic to bees, but I would gladly welcome these guys.

23. lucy's mommeh says:

I seem to remember that you can put a brick in a guinea pig’s cage & that will help wear down the nails. I made pig burritos & trimmed nails that way.

24. momof2kittiesandapuppeh says:

LOL @ Skippymom.

25. skippymom says:

Pig burritos…now I feel like eating lunch early. Oh–wait, um.

26. WHALE UPDATE:

The New York Harbor little humpback whale has made his way back out to sea! The Coast Guard protected him until he figured out how to navigate out of the harbor! Good luck little cetacean!!

27. I’m a little concerned about the blinded dachsund bee in the 3rd picture there.

BTW, since CNN was mentioned, there’s an adorable video story of a 2-legged pup on CNN!

28. misscrisp says:

Methinks my man Ruble belongs in the hive: http://tinyurl.com/chmskm :-)

29. I’M. SO. STARTLED……

30. @Misscrisp, what a cutie!

31. Von Zeppelin says:

I’m guessing that the guinea pig bees are better at bee stuff (flying, pollinating, honey production and whatever else bees do) than the dog bees. The guineabee can at least see where its going and looks pretty alert. Maybe the pupbees are drones.

32. omg, I want to know who was talented enough to sew an itsy bitsy guinea piggee bee costume!

33. What I love is that each of these costumes is different than the others. People are either making or manufacturing separate bee outfits for animals! I love this world.

34. AuntieMame says:

Oh dear. I never realized the White House was such a dangerous place. I also read in the paper that President Obama was almost eaten alive by a Venus Flytrap and had to beat his way free with a spare gardening rake.

(heh…)

35. Mary (the first) says:

First of all, YAY for the baby whale rescue! Now.. to the bees.. I was sitting here thinking “I love my cats but the downside of cats is, no bee costumes” when here comes MissCrisp to prove me wrong. And I’m thinking “who would think to put a bee costume on their dog?” and there’s Jaclyn with a whole boatload of people doing that! Who knew?? But all it would take is one look at how unbelievably cute these are to want to put all animals into a bee costume. ALL.

36. Aww, I want a puppeh bee costume!! All we have is a dinosaur, lol.

37. the white house actually has a beehive now…. (or at least it looks like a beehive)

38. kittyadventures says:

Miss Crisp… I may need a few days to recover from the awesome funnyness of your Rumblebee pictures

39. Does this mean the White House is….COVERED IN BEES?

40. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII’m ba-ringin’ home a baaabeee bumble bee, A little tiiiiiny baby bumble beee….Oh, won’t my Mom my be so proud of me?

41. kittyadventures says:

LOL watch out Katrina I got in trubs last time I put that song up here.
    Grins evilly!

42. catloveschanel says:

Bees! Where’s the Easter bunnies?

43. south park, anyone? am I making it up…? they had guinea pigs dressed up, ravaging the town?

44. The cuteness is a sting in itself! A very WELCOME sting! lol

45. You can’t bee serious.

46. Reminds me of one of my favorite websites: http://www.beedogs.com/

47. BEEDOGS!!??!! (headsplode)

48. Chakolate says:

Mayday! Mayday! I can’t stop laughing at this. Tummy hurt alert!

49. GingerBean says:

Love the last pic! Those piggie’s feet are almost deformed those claws are so long. I thought there was something wrong with them. I’ve also never seen an all black pig, how purdy!

50. kittyadventures says:

It is a Bee utiful thing when pets wear costumes…
    Wonders were the pug bees are becasue you just know there are pictures of pug Bees somewhere

51. Paunchie says:

Lerve yer kitteh misscrisp! He striking a pose!!

52. Lerrinus says:

This website is now bee-rated! Love the Beedogs, there’s even a JRT almost like my Cinnamon, wonder if she will hold still for a bee outfit to be put on her…! ;-)

53. platedlizard says:

I’m glad they called in a beekeeper to capture the swarm instead of an exterminator. Hopefully he’ll set them up with a nice new hive. BTW, how awesome would it be to be the official White House beekeeper?

54. merlinsmuse says:

What an annerable bunch of lil honeys!!!

55. Katie, you are not the only one who thought of South Park. I’ve watched that episode over and over because I just love the adorable piggies. I want to dress mine as a guinea bee, or maybe a guinea pirate.

56. kibblenibble says:

Miss Crisp, your Ruble is a handsome fellow, and he knows it! He looks similar to my George, from the green eyes right down to the single white spot on the lower tummy! The two major differences are that George has medium-length fur instead of short, and the fact that George would not sit still for one second in that cute costume. Once I put a Santa hat on him, and he tore around frantically until it was hanging from his chin. I finally managed to catch him and take it off and comfort the poor fella. You have a natural-born beeyooteefull model, there! :-)

57. First the bees, and now the Hedgehog Armageddon. Great.

58. vegas vickie says:

very good for Easter. rofl

59. ellie the one and only says:

awww very cute!

60. kittyadventures says:

Are they gonna have the easter egg roll on the white house lawn this year??? Just wondering

61. misscrisp says:

Ruble says thanks all…he is indeed quite a bee-loved model…and I am totally ee-vil for dressing him up! :-)

62. Yeah, that piglet’s nails really, really need trimming. I mean he’s really cute and all, but that’s the first thing I noticed. Neglect!

63. I know it’s been said but I can’t help it! CLIP POOR PIGGY’S NAILS!!! It’s painful and they cannot get off their feet for relief!

64. lsuhillary says:

AAAH! I am covered in bees!! I like my women like I like my coffee….covered in bees!!

65. GUINEA BEES!!!!

I’m…so….startled

66. and omg yes Eddie Izzard reference

67. Reminds me of that one South Park episode…

68. Gabrianimal says:

OMG… how cute!?!?!

69. Oh my god, that guineabee was my sister’s piggy! She died of pneumonia a few months ago :( Her name was Roxy.

And those are my my feet in bunny slippers behind her!

70. Elizabeth says:

Here is my chunky cat bumblebee

71. brinnann says:

I dunno anything about guinea-bees, so forgive me if this is very stupid….

Do they not chew their claws like cats do? I mean, I know they don’t have the same KIND of claws, but I thought guinea-bees were gnawers.

72. i lov it it is so cute